BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea City away

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lewis Thompson is the under 23's left back at the minute I think. Good prospect 

Mowbray can't see him as much of a prospect. He's 21 so not a kid and is at best 6th choice. He couldn't even get on the bench last season when we had not fit left back and were allowed 9 on the bench. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Thompson is often mentioned and I have never seen him play but he must be a million miles from the first team. When we had no left backs last season he never even made a 9 man bench and again on Saturday we had to play a right footed winger at left back.

I dont know how far Thompson is from the first team squad currently. Without seeing the under 23's live I dont know if he has progress alot since the last time I watched him live. 

20 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

With an arsehole of a manager IMHO.

Do you want to invite the manager round to dinner or do you want us to get promoted?

Incidentally I used to think that about Warnock as well but have warmed to him considerably since hearing him as a guest presenter on Talksport, completely straightforward, wears wears his heart on his sleeve and tells it how it is as opposed to most who dress things up and dance around a topic.

• Like 2

Utterly nonsensical comments from Mowbray in then post-match interview. He bemoaned a lack of available defensive midfield players, naming Travis and Johnson, to enable the other midfielders to get forward. So what exactly are Evans and Trybull if not defensive midfielders??

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rankin Costello playing right back in certain games has worked like Wycombe and Derby games. 

Yes you could have Williams at left back I guess with Wharton at centre back could have been an option. 

I agree on your Davenport point. Evans got forward yesterday and didnt he has a chance or two to score. 

On Downing, We offered him a contract which he didnt accept. I don't think we should be sign him now either, No training and proper match fitness so would be a pointless signing for me

Drop Armstrong after he scored 9 goals in 10 games? how logically is that to drop your best striker and the player who has been scoring goals?

Just look at Social media comments on Facebook, twiyyer and on Rovers fans sites where I would say the majority of fans are backing Mowbray. 

something needs to be done. He has also missed more good chances than he has scored. This season in the games he has missed chances we have had bad results. Try something new it can't be much worse.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rankin Costello playing right back in certain games has worked like Wycombe and Derby games. 

Yes you could have Williams at left back I guess with Wharton at centre back could have been an option. 

I agree on your Davenport point. Evans got forward yesterday and didnt he has a chance or two to score. 

On Downing, We offered him a contract which he didnt accept. I don't think we should be sign him now either, No training and proper match fitness so would be a pointless signing for me

Drop Armstrong after he scored 9 goals in 10 games? how logically is that to drop your best striker and the player who has been scoring goals?

Just look at Social media comments on Facebook, twiyyer and on Rovers fans sites where I would say the majority of fans are backing Mowbray. 

And how many would that majority add up to, maybe a hundred 

Edited by rigger

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

something needs to be done. He has also missed more good chances than he has scored. This season in the games he has missed chances we have had bad results. Try something new it can't be much worse.

Absolutely no chance whatsoever that you can drop the sole goalscoring threat that we have who has so many goals already this season.

All good strikers miss plenty of chances, im not saying that Armstrong cant become better in front of goal because of course he can but the fact that he keeps getting into goalscoring positions tells you a lot.

The very last player in our first team whose selection could be questioned.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Absolutely no chance whatsoever that you can drop the sole goalscoring threat that we have who has so many goals already this season.

All good strikers miss plenty of chances, im not saying that Armstrong cant become better in front of goal because of course he can but the fact that he keeps getting into goalscoring positions tells you a lot.

The very last player in our first team whose selection could be questioned.

I disagree, good strikers may miss occasionally. All players in our team, at the moment should have it in their minds that they are not producing enough to guarantee being picked

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

I disagree, good strikers may miss occasionally. All players in our team, at the moment should have it in their minds that they are not producing enough to guarantee being picked

Im not saying that Armstrong cant be more clinical but a poor striker is one who doesnt even get into goalscoring positions. He is the joint top scorer in the league with Toney and at has at least 3 more than anyone else, for a team in the botton half, he is the one player whose selection should be guaranteed.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I dont know how far Thompson is from the first team squad currently. Without seeing the under 23's live I dont know if he has progress alot since the last time I watched him live. 

In the games I have seen Lewis Thompson has looked the real deal 

BUT

There is a world of difference between playing under 23s and the Championship even if what was substantially Liverpool under 18s embarrassed Everton's first team in their FA Cup run last season...

58 minutes ago, rigger said:

@roversfan99 reply to this post is spot on. ?

53 minutes ago, rigger said:

???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not saying that Armstrong cant be more clinical but a poor striker is one who doesnt even get into goalscoring positions. He is the joint top scorer in the league with Toney and at has at least 3 more than anyone else, for a team in the botton half, he is the one player whose selection should be guaranteed.

Again I disagree, a droppable striker, misses scoreable chances.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Which would be more than the number of posters on here who demand him out every time we let a goal in.

If fan unrest didn’t get Kean out, it certainly won’t have any effect on Mowbray’s tenure.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

Whilst that may be true simongarnerisgod and there are certainly weaknesses to work on, not many teams will be as ruthless in taking advantage of them as Watford, Bournemouth,  Swansea etc. Nor will they be as able to repel us offensively.

I just think there's more to be positive about than not in the current situation, whilst accepting there's room for improvement.

I partly agree with this.

Yesterday was yet another match where if we had taken our chances the result may have been different - so though the defence is poor at the momennt, we also aren't taking our chances either. Watching the first goal - though Lenihan should have been stronger - if he had held their players shirt in the same way he would have given away a penalty.

We have been extremely unlucky with injuries - especially COVID - yesterdays midfield could have included Johnson, Travis and Rothwell - you can't ignore that.

BUT - it was extremely worrying how our heads dropped after their second goal. Up to now we have responded extremely well to falling behind in games - but the reaction was almost "here we go again". I can understand the players thinking that - as we have been unlucky at times with injuries, going behind in games we are largely dominating etc - but when they start to feel sorry for themselves we are in trouble 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Which would be more than the number of posters on here who demand him out every time we let a goal in.

If fan unrest didn’t get Kean out, it certainly won’t have any effect on Mowbray’s tenure.

That was not the question. The statement was that the vast majority of Rovers fans support Mowbray. I asked where he came by this vast majority.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Again I disagree, a droppable striker, misses scoreable chances.

Andy Cole missed loads of scoreable chances, still he was one of the top scorers in the league every season.

A poor striker lacks the anticipation to get into goalscoring positions.

Surely you can see how illogical it would be to drop the top scorer in the league for not scoring enough. 

• Like 5

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Andy Cole missed loads of scoreable chances, still he was one of the top scorers in the league every season.

A poor striker lacks the anticipation to get into goalscoring positions.

Surely you can see how illogical it would be to drop the top scorer in the league for not scoring enough. 

bang on the money roversfan99

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, 47er said:

TM has already "had a period of time" hasn't he? 

As I said earlier, I’m not bothered about the past. In Kaminski, Douglas and Ayala we have significantly improved our defence in my opinion. Get them playing consistently together and we will see an improvement that in sure of.

11 minutes ago, 47er said:

So its our fault the defence can't defend? Worst post yet.

thank you

54 minutes ago, Gaz85 said:

As I said earlier, I’m not bothered about the past. In Kaminski, Douglas and Ayala we have significantly improved our defence in my opinion. Get them playing consistently together and we will see an improvement that in sure of.

thank you

Well provide some evidence that what is posted on here causes poor performances on the field!

How can fans be responsible when they are not allowed in?