BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Contract Situation

19 hours ago, Gav said:

Increase the terms chaddy, like any normal club would do. Nyambe is reported to be one of the lowest paid players at the club. He’s our longest serving player I think and decent at this level. 

Rothwell won’t sign, I get that, same with Armstrong, no issues with that, but Nyambe?

The owners are just inept and like losing money and assets.

Venkys out 

Lenihan is our longest serving player actually Gav. 

These players have been offered new improved terms and not sign them. Talks have been ongoing for ages now. 

1 hour ago, Ulrich said:

Yes, yes, someone at rovers had a chat with you and gave you some trivial words, so now all is rosy in the garden.  I'm sorry darling, I know I keep sleeping with others but I promise you I will change. After 12 odd years of destruction etc you actually believe it will change?

I remember on more than one occasion when they have played well to be dropped the next match.  I also remember matches when others/the whole team have been dog and only certain players have been left out next match. TM is an absolutely awful man manager and as I pointed out, it doesn't have to be all about dollar, other factors can come into play.

First part is utter shite but then again……

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lenihan is our longest serving player actually Gav. 

These players have been offered new improved terms and not sign them. Talks have been ongoing for ages now. 

Another player out of contract chaddy, the point still stands. 

Its no way to run a football club and shows the utter disregard these owners have for the fans and the club.

They quite simply couldn't care less.

17 minutes ago, Gav said:

Another player out of contract chaddy, the point still stands. 

Its no way to run a football club and shows the utter disregard these owners have for the fans and the club.

They quite simply couldn't care less.

The players have been offered new improve contracts but won't sign them currently. No more the club can do. 

Would you offer them more money than they are worth?

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The players have been offered new improve contracts but won't sign them currently. No more the club can do. 

Would you offer them more money than they are worth?

Its all conjecture of course, but nobody is telling me that Ryan Nyambe is looking for a deal beyond our means.

• Like 2

‘Improved’ offers. Pretty much all pro players will get an ‘improved offer’ across football, as standard. Means nothing without knowing the figures.

If it is just a nominal increase they’ve been offered and they turn it down then that isn’t simply a case of ‘greedy players’, is it? But it certainly gives Waggott an easy way out by saying, ‘well, we did offer them an improved offer’… and of course, plenty of the fanbase will lap it up…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

They might just see better opportunities elsewhere. We’ve been mid-table Championship for too long. If they are being offered better money at a PL club, a Championship club with better playoff credentials or a club in another country where they have the chance to win trophies with then of course they are going to consider and take those opportunities.

The likes of Lenihan and Nyambe have been with the club for a very long time and may just want a change of scenery. Brereton, Rothwell and Kaminski have developed into fantastic players here and not surprising if they get much bigger offers elsewhere.

If it’s money related we really should push out better offers to these players.

• Like 1

They might have to commit a bit more money tying them up but they are tying future value into the club. Sell one for ten million in 18 months and it's covered.

I thought that was the whole idea for this club now whilst retaining a good young team to be competitive in the top 10. Losing most of them for minimal money, then just putting that towards just grabbing what you can to fill up the squad, is not only counter productive it's going around in circles again.

That's the thing we are supposed to be moving away from in order to build the club up again.

Where is the forward planning instead of just winging it ?

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

So what's happening with the situation? 

Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell all leaving?

Well they been offered new improve contract terms. 3 year contract with a club option of a year on top according to Waggott. So then have a month to sign up or take a risk elsewhere 

On 26/11/2021 at 17:44, chaddyrovers said:

What evidence do you have that improved offers have been made? The word of Waggott?

How do you know there is nothing more the club can do? Even if offers have been made, how do you know that they are the limit of the club's capabilities?

I think it is just as likely that:

a) No improved offers have been made

b) If they have there is more the club can do to get those over the line

c) Looking at the numbers who are out of contract and have failed to sign new terms it is clear there is a serious issue with securing players to new deals which suggests there is a lot more at play than greedy players asking for too much money

d) I look forward to them joining Championship rivals and then you'll have to invent more reasons why we couldn't keep them when it becomes obvious that their demands aren't excessive or unreasonable.

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well they been offered new improve contract terms. 3 year contract with a club option of a year on top according to Waggott. So then have a month to sign up or take a risk elsewhere 

Why do you take him at his word?

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

What evidence do you have that improved offers have been made? The word of Waggott?

Do you have any evidence that we haven't made improved offers or is this another conspiracy of yours? 

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

How do you know there is nothing more the club can do? Even if offers have been made, how do you know that they are the limit of the club's capabilities?

They been offered improves offers. Look at the wage budget yearly suggested it need to manage carefully. Can't overpaid for players. 

Looking at the numbers who are out of contract and have failed to sign new terms it is clear there is a serious issue with securing players to new deals which suggests there is a lot more at play than greedy players asking for too much money

There is 6 players out of contract this summer. Kaminski and Brereton aren't out of contract this summer as we have 12 months club option extension. 

Why do you take him at his word?

Any reason not to? Have you met him?

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Do you have any evidence that we haven't made improved offers or is this another conspiracy of yours? 

They been offered improves offers. Look at the wage budget yearly suggested it need to manage carefully. Can't overpaid for players. 

There is 6 players out of contract this summer. Kaminski and Brereton aren't out of contract this summer as we have 12 months club option extension. 

Any reason not to? Have you met him?

I have as much evidence as you do.  You believe Waggott, I don't. That's the only difference. It isn't a conspiracy. I think he is a liar and cannot be trusted and think there is plenty of reason for that. You want to accept everything he says as the accurate reality and convince yourself that this is the truth.

I have zero interest in the wage budget and what is needed to 'manage it'. That is irrelevant to the point I was making which is to cast doubt on whether these players have actually been made improved offers worthy of consideration, as you have repeatedly claimed.

What evidence do I have? Very little. What evidence do you have other than what Waggott has told the Telegraph?

What I do know is that in the summer we supposedly made efforts to keep Bell and Bennett who both decided to move on elsewhere, that we supposedly made efforts to tie Armstrong down to a new deal who decided to go elsewhere and that supposedly now for at least the last 12 months we have been making efforts to secure the futures of Rothwell, Nyambe, Lenihan, Brereton and yet despite that time and claims of improved offers not one of those players has signed up.

Now you might expect at least 1 of those various players to have accepted 'improved' terms and yet none of them have. Not one.

What does that tell you? It tells me that either offers haven't been made for them to accept or alternatively that the offers are so poor that all those players would sooner go elsewhere.

Someone like Lenihan isn't getting a PL move. He's staying in the Championship. Having graduated from our academy, been here all his career and established himself as captain and effectively guaranteed his place in the team you might expect him to fancy sticking around. Yet despite an 'improved' offer he'd rather head off to some other 2nd division club? Not sure I'm buying that.

Of course Waggott as the CEO keen to protect himself, the manager and Venkys is going to attempt to divert blame away from those at the club and towards those players. That is just common sense. He is hardly going to hold his hands up and admit that no offers have been made, that the club has botched the process or that the offers made are poor ones. He'd probably be sacked if he admitted that.

I don't think anyone is suggesting 'overpaying' for players. All the information I have heard is that Nyambe is on quite a low wage by the club and Championship standards. It isn't very long ago that you were trying to justify giving Ben Gladwin a 6 month deal to use our training facilities to get fit so I don't think it is unreasonable for a player like Nyambe to expect a substantial pay increase. Rothwell is another who was signed from Oxford, probably on small Championship wages, and has grown in importance

When we look at the frivolity of this management team over the last 3 years then relatively low earners like Nyambe and Rothwell have every right to expect a substantial increase.

I don't understand why I need to meet Waggott to be able to have a view on him. He lied last year about compensating supporters out of pocket, and went one better by increasing prices by 20%. He was in the Red Rose suite earlier this season telling people Lenihan would be signing in days and that we had a striker lined up from abroad. None of those things happened. I never met Steve Kean either. What does that prove?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

What I do know is that in the summer we supposedly made efforts to keep Bennett who both decided to move on elsewhere, 

Wrong. Bennett was always leaving and moving to a club closing to his home base in the Midlands. 

that we had a striker lined up from abroad.

Wasn't that striker Maja? 

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wrong. Bennett was always leaving and moving to a club closing to his home base in the Midlands. 

Wasn't that striker Maja? 

Oh. So why did the club say they were in discussions with him about a new deal?

I don't know or care whether it was Maja or Messi. Matters not one jot if he doesn't join.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I don't know or care whether it was Maja or Messi. Matters not one jot if he doesn't join.

I totally agree with your second point. The first point only counts if you believe what the club say.

@JHRover I don't think you get the game. 

The lack of concrete proof from yourself shows your position is wrong and that the contracts have been offered. 

The lack of concrete proof from Chaddy proves that he is right because you can't disprove his position. 

That all the circumstantial evidence suggests Waggot is an incompetent snake who couldn't run a bath and lies like a rug does not at all count in your favour and must be ignored. 

Welcome the the double standards debate. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

JHR get yourself to Ewood and have a sit down and a brew with him. He is very approachable and indeed you might also get an insight from others behind the scenes as to what is going on in the off field footballing operation.

I can't think of anything lower down my list of priorities than spending my free time with the likes of him tbh.

I also wouldn't believe a word he came out with so would be a waste of my time.

• Like 3

Yeah it does matter a jot, they said they were lining up a striker from abroad which subsequently turned out to be Maja, he failed a medical, end of, it happens, not Rovers fault.

42 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I can't think of anything lower down my list of priorities than spending my free time with the likes of him tbh.

I also wouldn't believe a word he came out with so would be a waste of my time.

Think most fans know all 3 players have been offered improved terms, how you know they haven’t is very strange, the main point is how much have they offered, is it agents/ players being greedy or Rovers being tight.

Pointless really arguing if nobody knows the facts, but looks like we will have to wait till January and see how it pans out…