BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Contract Situation

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Did you believe Maggott about the training ground 'project' too?

I'm slammed the training ground project, signed Rev Petition and condemned it on here. What more do you want? 

You keep posting the same old comments weekly now about contract problems with Rothwell, Nyambe and Lenihan but have zero evidence of what you are accusing the club of doing? so how do you know that we haven't offered them new improved contracts? spoken to the players or their agents?

35 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

'If we're brutally honest, he isn't good', is what Mowbray was quoted as saying in that newspaper article.

Look at the full quote and interview instead of micro looking at what you want to. 

23 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So you have slammed the training ground project and gone to the trouble of signing a petition about it, yet you are very keen to take Maggott's word as gospel when it comes to contract negotiations?

It wouldn't matter who would have been the CEO of Rovers that wanted to move and build a new training ground whether it would have been John Williams or Derek Shaw or Steve Waggott, I would have slammed those plans. Jack Walker build the Club training ground and academy ground at Brockhall and I believe it should remain there forever. 

24 minutes ago, JHRover said:

As I keep saying - add together all the players out of contract this summer or who would be out of contract next summer. How many do you get? My count is 17. Not a single one of those 17 has successfully signed new terms with the club. Not one.

The players that out of contract this summer and without club options for extra 12 months are

Lenihan, Rothwell, Nyambe, Davenport, Magloire, Butterworth, Eastham, Johnson

players who are out of contract this summer and with club 12 month option

Brereton, Kaminski

Players out of contract in summer 2023 are

Ayala, Gallagher. 

Players out of contract in summer 2023 but with 12 month club option

Dack, Travis, Stergiakis

25 minutes ago, JHRover said:

When you reach such numbers you have to ask the question - where does responsibility lie - does it lie with all 17 of these players all making unreasonable/unrealistic demands of the club all at once? Or does it lie with the charlatans in India and their cohorts at Ewood?

Look at most Championship clubs and most players in those squad will be out of contract in the next 2 years. 

25 minutes ago, JHRover said:

A lack of evidence doesn't mean something isn't true

So you have nothing but just guess work

45 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Crikey.

I merely requoted - in verbatim - from the newpaper article.

Your unstinting defence of all things Mowbray has no boundraries, it would appear.

Maybe listened to the full interview on Radio Lancs where the Football League paper got the quote from I guess. I heard it the interview on my way from Ewood Park. I didn't see it has criticism then and still don't

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I very much doubt that Rothwell has picked up that article this morning, taken that quote which is out of context and got angry. No doubt they regularly speak in general, Mowbray has also regularly said that Rothwell needs to do more, score more and create more which is right. He is right that he needs to improve off the ball, he also mentioned that he has not really played in the position he has been as much and playing a third man in there actually is trying to help him with that weakness. To suggest that he has said that Rothwell isnt very good is beyond out of context.

I just think your wrong. It wasn’t out of context. The interviewer was praising Rothwell for his contribution to the game and Mowbray decided to drop in those lines. If he was here for the next 3 years but not listening to his manager I could understand going public (think Souey and Dunny). But when you are trying to convince a player to sign a new contract those quotes serve no purpose. It’s just stupidity. However, as stated, I think he’s making his excuses for why he’s not bothered Rothwell will be leaving. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I just think your wrong. It wasn’t out of context. The interviewer was praising Rothwell for his contribution to the game and Mowbray decided to drop in those lines. If he was here for the next 3 years but not listening to his manager I could understand going public (think Souey and Dunny). But when you are trying to convince a player to sign a new contract those quotes serve no purpose. It’s just stupidity. However, as stated, I think he’s making his excuses for why he’s not bothered Rothwell will be leaving. 

It was out of context, he was saying that he isnt very good out of possession if played in a 2, but also said that he is trying really hard off the ball to improve that side of his game.

He also said that its not a surprise to see Rothwell going on "brilliant long surging runs" because that on the ball he is a "sensation."

If he didnt think that he was very good, he wouldnt play him in every game he can and he wouldnt repeatedly include him in the players he really wants the club to sign up.

36 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If he didnt think that he was very good, he wouldnt play him in every game he can and he wouldnt repeatedly include him in the players he really wants the club to sign up.

Mowbray can SAY what he likes about it now, if he had been sufficiently concerned about securing the futures of the Club's key players, as manager he would have sacrificed a few others and ensured it was sorted at least 12-18 months ago.

Not just shed a few crocodile tears when it's too late.

• Like 3

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0b0yptf

Mowbray said in his press conference that he believes that Mowbray carries the ball from midfielder better than anyone in the Championship and indeed anyone in the Premier League bar Adama Traore, Allan Saint-Maximin and maybe a couple of others.

Hell of a statement.

If he's referring to himself in third person like that then it is indeed!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray said in his press conference that he believes that Mowbray carries the ball from midfielder better than anyone in the Championship and indeed anyone in the Premier League bar Adama Traore, Allan Saint-Maximin and maybe a couple of others.

Hell of a statement.

If I was Rothwells agent reading that it would be manna from heaven. Whatever his demands are Mowbray has played right into their hands.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

If I was Rothwells agent reading that it would be manna from heaven. Whatever his demands are Mowbray has played right into their hands.

Looking at that he's either been pulled up by someone in the Club on making less than complimentary comments about Rothwell given the delicate contract situation or has completely given up hope on him re-signing and is trying to drum up interest in him for January.

I want Mowbray out of the Club so badly.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Looking at that he's either been pulled up by someone in the Club on making less than complimentary comments about Rothwell given the delicate contract situation or has completely given up hope on him re-signing and is trying to drum up interest in him for January.

I want Mowbray out of the Club so badly.

Jesus Christ. Can't do wrong for doing right is a phrase that springs to mind. It is far from the first time that Mowbray has praised Rothwell in public, I can remember off the top of the head him saying that Rothwell can do everything that Benrahma can do 2 years ago when the latter was the best player in the division, he has regularly said how good he is and simply that he needs to do it more often because he does have the ability and attributes to do it.

I want Mowbray out too but the way that every single thing that he says is twisted is beyond a joke.

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hell of a statement.

I agree with him, for once. When it comes to that trait, of making those driving runs from midfield and beating defenders, there aren't many in England who can do it better than Rothwell.

However, I can't help but feel this is Mowbray's way of generating some interesting in him before January. He doesn't seem overly fussed about keeping Rothwell.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I agree with him, for once. When it comes to that trait, of making those driving runs from midfield and beating defenders, there aren't many in England who can do it better than Rothwell.

However, I can't help but feel this is Mowbray's way of generating some interesting in him before January. He doesn't seem overly fussed about keeping Rothwell.

This season, Rothwell has played every game in a central role bar one in which he was rested but brought on at half time anyway. Last season, he started the majority of games that he was available for, again from a central role. From that, I don't get how he wouldn't "be overly fussed" about him leaving when he plays him all of the time. He regularly says what he is good at and seems to think that he is capable of dominating week in week out rather than fleetingly as has been the case during his Rovers career.

26 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It's a classic Mowbray sales pitch to interested parties.

You could well be right but I'm seeing Mowbray with a microphone under his nose and not being able to help himself. After all he has lots of previous in this respect 😁😁

• Like 3

It will be interesting to watch the sales pitch in full swing over the next couple of months. Knowing that it is a January sale or £0 for Rothwell and Nyambe I expect to see relentless advertisements in the Telegraph and Mowbray wittering on about them with regularity in an attempt to entice bids and interest in them. Even if it is just £500k a piece it will do the trick for Mowbray and Waggott in keeping in the good books and getting some cash in.

Problem they have is that their departures may well derail our season, especially if we maintain current trajectory and are mid-table with a sniff of the play-offs come January.

We all know those sort of fees for those players represents a disastrous return for a club supposedly hard up and struggling with FFP compliance.

• Like 3