BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Contract Situation

Yep they'll turn into the best potential players hes ever managed and the greatest humans hes ever come across.

Then if nobody buys them the pair will probably get dropped or thrown under the bus before the end of Feb.  He's so transparent these days a man with no eyes can still see through him.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0b0yptf

Mowbray said in his press conference that he believes that Mowbray carries the ball from midfielder better than anyone in the Championship and indeed anyone in the Premier League bar Adama Traore, Allan Saint-Maximin and maybe a couple of others.

Hell of a statement.

it`s taken him 3 years to realise it,rothwell has been shunted all over the park by mowbray in that time and there is every chance he`ll do it again,no wonder he`s reluctant to sign a new contract,the lad looks top class when played up the pitch near the centre forward and looks completely lost when played in front of the back four,our esteemed manager can`t see the wood for the trees imo

• Like 3

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it`s taken him 3 years to realise it,rothwell has been shunted all over the park by mowbray in that time and there is every chance he`ll do it again,no wonder he`s reluctant to sign a new contract,the lad looks top class when played up the pitch near the centre forward and looks completely lost when played in front of the back four,our esteemed manager can`t see the wood for the trees imo

He played basically all of last season centrally yet didnt really offer much more than fleeting brilliance, as has been the case throughout his Rovers career. As much as I was and am still somewhat skeptical of him playing deeper, so far this season has been better than anything before. 

• 4 weeks later...

Its absolutely criminal that these inept owners allow any contracts to run down, but someone like Nyambi, who is reported to be on league 1 wages, is just wrong.

He's turned into a decent Championship player, a loyal servant to the club and they won't reward him with a decent contract.

Badly advised of ******* incompetence?  

• Like 1

Gav you cannot blame the club for a player running a contract down it happens all across the football spectrum and just doesn't affect or beloved BRFC it effects each and every club.

Contract offers have been made, improvements offered and yet the players decline to sign, no one other than the player himself can be blamed if blame is to be apportioned.

Its not mowbray or waggots fault they act within the guidelines and budget, it is as simple as that.

So no its not badly advised or incompetence, its how football contracts work

6 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Gav you cannot blame the club for a player running a contract down it happens all across the football spectrum and just doesn't affect or beloved BRFC it effects each and every club.

Contract offers have been made, improvements offered and yet the players decline to sign, no one other than the player himself can be blamed if blame is to be apportioned.

Its not mowbray or waggots fault they act within the guidelines and budget, it is as simple as that.

Would the scenario you paint have happened year in year out under John Williams and Jack Walker?

Edited by Gav

39 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

It might have but the money back then was nowhere near as it is now by comparison and of course the club was better run. Despite that, the fact remains that players have the power when running contracts down, not even Jack could have changed that!

Are you honestly trying to tell me that Ryan Nyambe is pricing himself out of a deal? Do you really believe that to be the case?

One of the reasons Lambert walked was because the owners refused to talk about new contracts for players and backroom staff, its always been an issue under these inept owners.

Edited by Gav

26 minutes ago, Gav said:

Are you honestly trying to tell me that Ryan Nyambe is pricing himself out of a deal? Do you really believe that to be the case?

One of the reasons Lambert walked was because the owners refused to talk about new contracts for players and backroom staff, its always been an issue under these inept owners.

Why else hasn't he signed? 

The issue must be the difference between what the club is offering and what him and his agent think he should get 

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course some players run down contracts, but at normal clubs you don’t have all senior pros that are in their last year nowhere near signing with only a few months left.

There is obviously an issue here, be it wages, be it club ambition

I understand the Rothwell stance, he's had a better offer clearly, but even in Rothwells case he should have been tied down to a longer deal and that deal improved 12 months in. 

Its an awful business model to lose good staff to competitors, no matter what industry you're in.

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

I think the issue is rather that you can't seem to blame the club for anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Yes I do he is the one declining to sign the much improved contract he has been offered.

17 minutes ago, 47er said:

I think the issue is rather that you can't seem to blame the club for anything.

Utter rubbish again. I blame the owners, mowbray and the club for various aspects I see as failures, I also compliment the good things that I also see or am aware of.

In respect of contract offers and just to be perfectly clear, it is NOT a last minute dash to secure the players on new contracts its been going on for a while, so I would stop thinking otherwise. The players and their agents have failed to agree to the terms on offer, all of which are IMPROVEMENTS on current contracts. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gav said:

How many improved contracts did Bennett and Evans have? Mulgrew? Smallwood?Sam Hart etc etc etc?

Bradley Johnson effectively a 3 year contract.

The contract situation isnt as black and white as the picture you are trying to paint.Offers have been made and unless you are privvy to the finer details of said offers how can you be so certain ALL the blame lays at the feet of the owners?

• Like 2

Three senior pros out of contract, three haven’t signed.

Those are the facts, and ‘improved offers’ means bugger all if they aren’t at the Championship going rate.

The club is obviously at a cross roads if it the case that it is longer competitive when it comes to wages at this level.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Nyambe, Rothwell & Lenihan are mid table second division footballers.

I know the narrative will be that they are all asking for too much money, but I very much doubt that is the case.

I suspect it's because we wont pay the going rate for mid table second division footballers, whatever that is these days.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Nyambe, Rothwell & Lenihan are mid table second division footballers.

I know the narrative will be that they are all asking for too much money, but I very much doubt that is the case.

I suspect it's because we wont pay the going rate for mid table second division footballers, whatever that is these days.

Nah, I would saw they want close to top rates and we are offering deserved mid table rates. 

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I'm afraid that is just not acceptable.

1) Have offers been made? Who says? Mowbray and Waggott? Well of course they are going to say that. They are hardly going to tell supporters that the club has done nothing.

2) Even if offers have been made and they represent improvements on existing terms, of course if those improvements are so derisory or insignificant then yes the club and those running it can be blamed. Like making an improved offer to buy a car by upping the bid by £5. An improvement but ridiculous and not worthy of consideration. That is the buyers fault, not the seller, in this case the club, not the player.

3) Mowbray and Waggott can be blamed because under their management over the last 3 years they have squandered vast sums of money on needless contracts and signings. So if the club is now struggling to find the money to pay these lads more to keep them there has to be consideration of why that is the case and the chronic waste of funds overseen by this manager and his pal upstairs.

4) As I keep on coming back to this point - none of the players out of contract supposedly offered improved terms have taken up the clubs offer. Not a single one. Have a think about the number of contracts expiring soon or that expired last summer. Not one of them decided to accept the clubs 'offers' and 'improved terms'. I think that tells us all we need to know about the quality of those offers, if they even exist at all, which I am doubtful of.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Nowt to worry about then as such mediocrities won’t be getting any better offers, so they’ll soon come round to their senses and sign

Maybe not, leaving on a free means a signing on fee at a new club, which would make signing for similar to what we are offering more attractive financially elsewhere 

If people are going to question anyone who is criticising the owners for the fact that so many key senior players are so close to the end of their deals, implying that they are probably asking for too much and querying how people can lambast the owners without being privy to the inner details. How can those people defend the owners without being privy to those details either?

If it was one for example, then maybe you could suggest that it is the player being unreasonable. But a few at once, surely not.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm afraid that is just not acceptable.

1) Have offers been made? Who says? Mowbray and Waggott? Well of course they are going to say that. They are hardly going to tell supporters that the club has done nothing.

2) Even if offers have been made and they represent improvements on existing terms, of course if those improvements are so derisory or insignificant then yes the club and those running it can be blamed. Like making an improved offer to buy a car by upping the bid by £5. An improvement but ridiculous and not worthy of consideration. That is the buyers fault, not the seller, in this case the club, not the player.

3) Mowbray and Waggott can be blamed because under their management over the last 3 years they have squandered vast sums of money on needless contracts and signings. So if the club is now struggling to find the money to pay these lads more to keep them there has to be consideration of why that is the case and the chronic waste of funds overseen by this manager and his pal upstairs.

4) As I keep on coming back to this point - none of the players out of contract supposedly offered improved terms have taken up the clubs offer. Not a single one. Have a think about the number of contracts expiring soon or that expired last summer. Not one of them decided to accept the clubs 'offers' and 'improved terms'. I think that tells us all we need to know about the quality of those offers, if they even exist at all, which I am doubtful of.

1. Offers have been offered as confirmed by their agents who have said they have been unable to make agreements with the club as well as being confirmed by the club and of course through other means.

2. ALL offered deals with improved terms in accordance with the wage structure that Rovers will not break UNLESS there are extreme circumstances agreed by the owners. Sensible decision if you ask me. You have a budget you stick to it. 

3. Its not about SW or TM, it is about the players choosing not to accept and agree the deals. All of which are set against the budget for the club. Whether they have wasted money in the past is totally irrelevant its today that matters. So again if there is blame it is to the players agent declining to accept the contract offer.

4. Utter garbage, it simply suggests there may be alternative options where they may get better money or longer contracts. Its happening across the football spectrum not just at Rovers. As for your doubts about contracts being offered instead of your speculation lets have some tangible evidence to support it!