BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Contract Situation

41 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Blackburn Rovers contract stance on Bradley Dack and Daniel Ayala - LancsLive

JDT - "It's a conversation regarding the quality of the player and what you have in the building," Tomasson told Lancs Live on the pair's futures. "What you have in the youth, what you have in the building and what you can find, the financial side as well.

"We will make decisions as a club. Those two players have done a very good job for the club and this season as well. We are happy with them. It's something that more or less will be Gregg's department."

Gregg's call!

its big call by the club but I think both players will offered new contracts but on lesser wages. if rejected Rovers will let go 

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

its big call by the club but I think both players will offered new contracts but on lesser wages. if rejected Rovers will let go 

I think Dack will (on reduced terms), not sure Ayala warrants a new contract, unless it's on very reduced wages and the club see him as a future coach.  

48 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Get rid of Ayala unless you could convince him to take a huge pay cut. Getting half a season out of Ayala on cheapo wages - could do a lot worse. 

Dack I would keep unless we've got a 20+  season striker who we need the wages for. I don't want to free up Dacks wages to fund a disappointing loan fee

I don't want to keep Dack as the highest earner at the club when he doesn't legitimately get in the First XI on merit. 

• Backroom

Ayala needs to be moved on. Not hugely comfortable playing it around the back (not that many of our players are) and massively injury prone. At 32 he is not worth retaining. We saw with Mulgrew how fast an injury prone player's legs can go once they get into their early thirties. Let's not repeat that mistake again.

I still think Dack has a role to play here, and has footballing intelligence beyond anybody else in the team. Positionally very smart and knows how to find the back of the net. I'd like to keep him if there's a sensible deal to be struck. 

• Like 1

Dack has 180 minutes to prove his worth, though that might be difficult from the bench. I’m clinging to the hope of a Dack inspired fairytale end/extension to the season. That would change the outlook somewhat, but as things currently stand I expect both will be off.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

I love Dacky and really want him to stay, but I'm sure the club will be offering him a new contract on reduced wages rather than triggering the one year option. If my head is ruling over heart, that is the right thing to do. 

15 hours ago, DE. said:

Ayala needs to be moved on. Not hugely comfortable playing it around the back (not that many of our players are) and massively injury prone. At 32 he is not worth retaining. We saw with Mulgrew how fast an injury prone player's legs can go once they get into their early thirties. Let's not repeat that mistake again.

I still think Dack has a role to play here, and has footballing intelligence beyond anybody else in the team. Positionally very smart and knows how to find the back of the net. I'd like to keep him if there's a sensible deal to be struck. 

Nailed it perfectly in 2 these 2 posts.

I want Dack to stay but it would have to be on reduced terms as he's not even getting into the starting 11 now.

Ayala needs to be released & replaced.

It would be lunacy to sign Ayala up to any form of extended deal, just get rid. Similarly, offload Gallagher and that ought to free up a reasonable amount of space on the wage bill.

Dack I would keep personally, don't think he's had a fair shake of things this season but viewed dispassionately it's hard to make a case for him continuing as one of our top earners unless he is a regular starter.

• Like 2

On 29/04/2023 at 03:57, philipl said:

Dack can still score when others can't.  Keep.

The medical staff need to be part of a decision for me, just what physical state is his body in now. I'm convinced he finds a goal in these last 3 games if he is fully fit. Tough decision.