If that is correct then.....

Sam Gallagher 13k

Ian Poveda 11k

Bradley Johnson 8.5k

Jacob Davenport 8.1k

JRC 5.1k

Ryan Nyambe 4.7k

Joe Rothwell 4.1k

You could certainly understand why Nyambe and Rothwell would look elsewhere.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

If that's accurate then I'd love someone to explain why our annual losses are well over double those of Millwall/PNE.

Do our annual losses include  interest payments on already existing debt?

I don't see why anyone takes random wages published online seriously, they have probably been taken from Football Manager or similar.

Ultimately, even if they were true, there is no way that we won't have been willing to put Nyambe and Rothwell on a much higher wage than they are at the moment, problem being that the raise put forward isn't enough to get them to sign, therefore they remain on terms agreed years and years ago until expiry.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't see why anyone takes random wages published online seriously, they have probably been taken from Football Manager or similar.

Ultimately, even if they were true, there is no way that we won't have been willing to put Nyambe and Rothwell on a much higher wage than they are at the moment, problem being that the raise put forward isn't enough to get them to sign, therefore they remain on terms agreed years and years ago until expiry.

and therein lies a massive problem with elements of supporters believing it to be the gospel truth😀 

On 08/04/2022 at 12:30, LeftWinger said:

The other ridiculous fact is that our entire squad earns slightly more than Ben Mee and Dwight McNeil earn between them.

Wasn't McNeil released from our academy, too? Someone dropped a bollock there.

Edit - nevermind, Wiki says he was released from Manure's academy then went to Bumley. Definitely heard something about him and us, maybe we rejected the chance to sign him after he left the red scum.

2nd edit - actually it looks like he chose Burnley's then cat 3 academy over our cat 1, because...his dad had enjoyed his own trial there when he was younger even though he wasn't taken on, and because Dwight didn't want to play against his mates at Manure u23s. Very weird reasons if you ask me but whatever! https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/international-football/why-dwight-mcneil-joined-burnley-over-rivals-blackburn-rovers-after-manchester-united-exit-2517500%3famp

I guess top academy status has the potential to be a disadvantage on some rare occasions when it comes to pulling in talent...

Edited by bluebruce

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Wasn't McNeil released from our academy, too? Someone dropped a bollock there.

Edit - nevermind, Wiki says he was released from Manure's academy then went to Bumley. Definitely heard something about him and us, maybe we rejected the chance to sign him after he left the red scum.

Yes, there was a connection to Rovers. He was on his way to sign for us before a scout talked him out of it and told him what a mess we are behind the scenes. The scout then directed him to Burnley.

• Like 2

Just now, SuperBrfc said:

Yes, there was a connection to Rovers. He was on his way to sign for us before a scout talked him out of it and told him what a mess we are behind the scenes. The scout then directed him to Burnley.

Ok, differs from what was in the article I just posted (on my second edit) but maybe that was part of it too. Hardly a well kept secret how much of a mess we were in (and probably about to be again), so that's a more understandable reason!

Hasn't done him any harm at any rate. If he had joined us, he would probably still be getting told he needed to learn how to play on the wing from Sam Gallagher, or some such shit.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan Nyambe has a PL club lined up apparently. Lenihan more and more likely to stay with offers coming from elsewhere not much more appealing than staying at Ewood. There's not a transfers thread that I can find so thought best to stick in here.

They fancy sending Garrett to League One for a season to see how he does. Phillips has plenty of LG1 suitors too but for now the plan is that he'll stick around. They don't feel a need to rush him. 

19 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Ryan Nyambe has a PL club lined up apparently. Lenihan more and more likely to stay with offers coming from elsewhere not much more appealing than staying at Ewood. There's not a transfers thread that I can find so thought best to stick in here.

They fancy sending Garrett to League One for a season to see how he does. Phillips has plenty of LG1 suitors too but for now the plan is that he'll stick around. They don't feel a need to rush him. 

I find that really surprising. His pace and power, and arguably his 1-on-1 defending are prem level. Other aspects of his game?

I know the 'how important is it for fullbacks to be able to attack' debate has been done to death on here, but any prem team looking at his performance vs Stoke can't be thinking that he has what it takes to contribute going forward. Time and time again the ball went to our right and the attack died with him. Dreadful team performance to consider, but he looked a mile away from a top-half Championship defender, never mind a top-flight one. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Depending on how quickly we resolve our manager situation they might find themselves in the first team squad at the start of the season.

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

Where is this from?

Would be shocked to see Nyambe or indeed any of our players beside Brereton in the Premier League next season.

Edited by roversfan99

4 hours ago, JoeH said:

I think Lenihan will sign a new deal after the season ends but he has tested the waters to what better offers are out there. 

I can see Garrett staying here and being part of the squad but we need to be appoint a new manager/head coach asap

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Where is this from?

Would be shocked to see Nyambe or indeed any of our players beside Brereton in the Premier League next season.

Joe works in Football and If the club is Watford they won't be in the PL next season. They clearly are looking at players for next season in the championship and they director of football and his recruitment team will be doing their homework despite whether Hodgson stays or not

• Like 1

It's a no brainer for Watford to go after someone like Nyambe because he has solid championship experience. He's still youngish and most of all he'll be cheap because he's allegedly on a pittance here.

With parachute money or whatever they can easily absorb 10 or 15 grand a week for a freebie with potential who can fit straight in if needed.

We'll obviously easily be replacing him for a few hundred grand of course, that hedges looks a cracking rwb !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

Nyambe would be the perfect signing for someone like watford. I doubt he would be first choice but trebling his money and self belief players usually have I’m sure he would go to a team more than likely going straight back up as second choice right back. Equally no fee , comparable low wages and guaranteed to do a job . Seems like a win win

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

The more I think about this the more annoyed I get.

Two full internationals who have come through our academy, with 450 appearances between them, who have been here a combined 21 years, are about to walk away for nothing.

It makes me almost as angry as our pathetic collapse this season. It was even more avoidable. It’s a fucking disgrace and I’m sick of people shrugging their shoulders at our mismanagement.

Abso- bloody-lutely.