BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Contract Situation

8 minutes ago, cesus said:

What are the chances Nyambe has already signed a contract elsewhere? I mean I'm not in the know but surely he could have signed one for somebody else already as under the rules he is perfectly entitled to.

He can't sign a pre contract with any club in this country until his deal has expired.

Could only have signed with a foreign club.

is it really any surprise that talks between Rovers and Nyambe's agent have broken down? Not at al. We have been in talks for well over year now and its appears both sides have gone nowhere. People will blame Rovers for the break down of talks and some will blame Nyambe's agent. The truth its both sides are to blame for this. Don't know where he will go or which clubs will be interesting in him. 

Hopefully Zeefuik can play well enough to fill the void. I don't see him signing here unless we get promote or if we don't get promote we can re-negotiable the fee. We see in the future 

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

It's just a massive fuck up from the management team

It has been said in the fans forun that we have offered as much as we can according to the budget so how is it down to the management team?

3 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Lancs Telegraph saying Nyambe set to leave in the summer. 

Massive shame.

Absolutely mental Deyo Zeefuik is going to to cost £3.5m and then probably be on a wage 3 times the current wage Nyambe is on. 

Makes zero financial sense.

You assumed a fee, a wage and that we will definitely sign him to make that point.

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It has been said in the fans forun that we have offered as much as we can according to the budget so how is it down to the management team?

You assumed a fee, a wage and that we will definitely sign him to make that point.

So Mowbray and Waggott already know their budgets for next season? That's strange because in seasons gone by they didn't find out until the summer prior to the season starting.

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

is it really any surprise that talks between Rovers and Nyambe's agent have broken down? Not at al. We have been in talks for well over year now and its appears both sides have gone nowhere. People will blame Rovers for the break down of talks and some will blame Nyambe's agent. The truth its both sides are to blame for this. Don't know where he will go or which clubs will be interesting in him. 

Hopefully Zeefuik can play well enough to fill the void. I don't see him signing here unless we get promote or if we don't get promote we can re-negotiable the fee. We see in the future 

Not really. How is Nyambe or his agent to blame if Rovers have made him a laughably low offer?

Only have to look at the array of others in a similar position to see that there is a big issue with how Rovers are approaching these deals. You might want to make Nyambe or his agent out to be unreasonable in their demands but that doesn't explain how Lenihan, Rothwell, soon to be Travis, Buckley and Wharton, all excellent prospects and key players yet all facing expiring contracts.

IMO Waggott, clown that he is, has tried pulling a fast one with the academy developed lads, trying to keep them tied down to the club on relative peanuts by offering only very small increases on their academy level deals. This strategy will come back to bite the club big style, costing us millions in lost revenue and the loss of key home grown players.

Waggott will still be here collecting his obscene salary telling everyone why we can't afford to do things.

Meanwhile you'll be happy when Nyambe and co. are lining up for Preston.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, arbitro said:

So Mowbray and Waggott already know their budgets for next season? That's strange because in seasons gone by they didn't find out until the summer prior to the season starting.

I would be surprised if there isn’t at least a basic rolling budget for planning purposes, with versions predicated on promotion & non-promotion.

46 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It has been said in the fans forum that we have offered as much as we can according to the budget

I am a big fan of Nyambe but it's not as if Premiership teams are lining up to sign him and I doubt his demands are unrealistic so why can't we afford to keep him.

I wouldn't think Nyambe is demanding higher wages than Gallagher or Kaminski who just got new deals.

If we can't afford to pay the going rate for our own academy graduates then we are in trouble.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Not really. How is Nyambe or his agent to blame if Rovers have made him a laughably low offer?

Why do you always blame the club for the failure of this? Its always the club fault with you JH. Its like a broken record. You don't know what he has been offered do you? 

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Only have to look at the array of others in a similar position to see that there is a big issue with how Rovers are approaching these deals. You might want to make Nyambe or his agent out to be unreasonable in their demands but that doesn't explain how Lenihan, Rothwell, soon to be Travis, Buckley and Wharton, all excellent prospects and key players yet all facing expiring contracts.

Travis has said last week he wants to stay here. Buckley is here until 2025 contract wise and Wharton till 2024. 

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Meanwhile you'll be happy when Nyambe and co. are lining up for Preston.

If Nyambe wants to sign for Preston, good luck but he won't be on better wages there then he has been offered it. If Nyambe and his agent want to test the free transfer market, good luck there. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

If we don’t go up we won’t be signing Zefuik because we won’t be paying that sort of fee for him. If we do go up we won’t be signing Zefuik because we’ll need somebody better.

3 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

If I was dropped for Elliot Bennett I wouldn't sign a new contract either. Can't blame the lab, obviously him and the manager have never seen eye to eye. Best of luck to him in the future. Will be hard to replace

I think there’s more to it than money. It looks like a clash of personality’s with the Manager.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

I am a big fan of Nyambe but it's not as if Premiership teams are lining up to sign him and I doubt his demands are unrealistic so why can't we afford to keep him.

I wouldn't think Nyambe is demanding higher wages than Gallagher or Kaminski who just got new deals.

If we can't afford to pay the going rate for our own academy graduates then we are in trouble.

It would be no surprise to me to find if Gallagher (prior to his new deal) was not on three times (or even more) the money Nyambe is currently on.  Don't forget, Gallagher was signed as a £5million player from a PL club.  Gallagher's new deal will certainly not be for less money!

If you are going to 'benchmark' against other players within a structured  wages' set-up then, IMO, Nyambe has to be worth in wages at least what Gallagher earns based upon relative ability levels.

My understanding is that Nyambe has been offered significantly less than what Gallagher is on;  if this is correct then no wonder we've struck an impasse.  

20 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

If I was dropped for Elliot Bennett I wouldn't sign a new contract either. Can't blame the lab, obviously him and the manager have never seen eye to eye. Best of luck to him in the future. Will be hard to replace

Think you are dead right but suspect the relationship issue is down to, IMO, Mowbray's crass management of Nyambe (as we saw with Raya).

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If we don’t go up we won’t be signing Zefuik because we won’t be paying that sort of fee for him

I just said that Tyrone. But maybe we could renegiotate the transfer fee involved or maybe another season long loan. 

33 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If we do go up we won’t be signing Zefuik because we’ll need somebody better.

I want to see play further before making an overall judgement. far too early to write him off. Lets judge him in his proper position of right wing back

25 minutes ago, Mercer said:

It would be no surprise to me to find if Gallagher (prior to his new deal) was not on three times (or even more) the money Nyambe is currently on.  Don't forget, Gallagher was signed as a £5million player from a PL club.  Gallagher's new deal will certainly not be for less money!

If you are going to 'benchmark' against other players within a structured  wages' set-up then, IMO, Nyambe has to be worth in wages at least what Gallagher earns based upon relative ability levels.

My understanding is that Nyambe has been offered significantly less than what Gallagher is on;  if this is correct then no wonder we've struck an impasse.  

Think you are dead right but suspect the relationship issue is down to, IMO, Mowbray's crass management of Nyambe (as we saw with Raya).

All spot on imo.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Waggott implied that for all 3 players out of contract, we had offered as much as was permitted in our budget from the owners. 

54 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Surely with Nyambe having last signed when he wasnt an established regular as he is now, he will (justifiably) be demanding a noticeable increase being in a much stronger negotiating position, which would cause our wage bill to go up. 

Gallagher claimed to have taken a pay cut to come here but youd still imagine he is up there with our highest earners, same with Kaminski as a senior player, so youd think that their wages wont have jumped noticeably with an extension if it all therefore the wage structure remains unchanged.

26 minutes ago, Mercer said:

He will be on much less than a player that signed from a PL club as an older player, it goes without saying. Its not realistic to expect a player to have his wage multiplied so much having last signed as a squad player breaking through to match presumably one of our highest earners. 

Crass management my arse. He will leave because he will fancy his chances of getting more money elsewhere.

The offer for Nyambe has been on the table for nearly 2 years now. For the entirety of that period we’ve been assured that it’s as good an offer as the club can make. We’ve not heard that the deal is being re-negotiated due to the player being 2 years more experienced, playing x amount more games, or becoming a more integral part of the team. There were clearly some big budget changes last season when we trimmed off a load of big earners… did that not give some scope to change the offer?

”Nobody knows what he’s being offered” is true, although while not exact, it’s not hard to get a ballpark idea of any of our players reported wages, or the offers made. We also do know that there is an ongoing issue with being able to pay academy graduates a going rate. This isn’t due to budget or ceilings, it’s due to a silly, inflexible model being implemented by inflexible, illogical people.

Doubling Nyambe’s wage from 4 to 8k would still only put him level with what Johnson and Davenport currently reportedly pick up. 

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 2

As others have said, no one knows what he's been offered or what he's asking for.

I wish we'd kept hold of him but Ryan Nyambe is not as irreplaceable as people make out. He's a good defensive full back and very average going forward. Again would prefer to keep him but I believe Rothwell and Lenihan are/will be bigger losses.

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

The offer for Nyambe has been on the table for nearly 2 years now. For the entirety of that period we’ve been assured that it’s as good an offer as the club can make. We’ve not heard that the deal is being re-negotiated due to the player being 2 years more experienced, playing x amount more games, or becoming a more integral part of the team. There were clearly some big budget changes last season when we trimmed off a load of big earners… did that not give some scope to change the offer?

”Nobody knows what he’s being offered” is true, although while not exact, it’s not hard to get a ballpark idea of any of our players reported wages, or the offers made. We also do know that there is an ongoing issue with being able to pay academy graduates a going rate. This isn’t due to budget or ceilings, it’s due to a silly, inflexible model being implemented by inflexible, illogical people.

Doubling Nyambe’s wage from 4 to 8k would still only put him level with what Johnson and Davenport currently reportedly pick up. 

It does seem illogical to have a problem paying a home grown player, as much as a player that has been brought in.

• Like 1

Just now, lraC said:

It does seem illogical to have a problem paying a home grown player, as much as a player that has been brought in.

Or Nyambe just doesn’t want to stay… I don’t get why more people don’t just see a young man who’s been here 13 years, no commitments, got a wealth of experience for someone still so young and wants to see what else is out there. He may well think there’s more to life than Blackburn Rovers!

I don't get this backwards logic of directly comparing Nyambe's potential wage to that of our main earners. Circumstance dictates wages im sure as much as anything, including age and where a player has come from. For Gallagher or Kaminski to be on a similar but extended deal would not cause any noticeable rise on the current wage bill, to put Nyambe on par with those 2 will, hence why they are totally different situations. The fact that we have offered as much as we can suggests that we need the owners to be more flexible in how much they are willing to spend to protect an asset.