BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Contract Situation

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Abso- bloody-lutely.

There's also a balancing act to be considered.......with the exception of Bournemouth's 'naughty' bid in January for Rothwell, which even though it was declined, has had the desired effect that Rothwell's form has fallen off a cliff by comparison with what went before, there has been NO interest whatsoever in Darragh or Rhino.

Their decisions not to sign improved deals could seriously bite both theirs, and their agents, back on the arse!

Can you imagine how the committed players (like Kaminski, Wharton, Travis etc) feel with a £10 million pot on the table for promotion likely to go up in smoke?!

3 hours ago, Miller11 said:

The more I think about this the more annoyed I get.

Two full internationals who have come through our academy, with 450 appearances between them, who have been here a combined 21 years, are about to walk away for nothing.

It makes me almost as angry as our pathetic collapse this season. It was even more avoidable. It’s a fucking disgrace and I’m sick of people shrugging their shoulders at our mismanagement.

I'm sick of people making excuses and putting their heads in the sand rather than criticising those responsible for it.

These people are like putty in Venkys and Waggott's hands.

There's no excuse for it. It's a disaster for a club such as ours. At the least we should be raking £10 million.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

There's also a balancing act to be considered.......with the exception of Bournemouth's 'naughty' bid in January for Rothwell, which even though it was declined, has had the desired effect that Rothwell's form has fallen off a cliff by comparison with what went before, there has been NO interest whatsoever in Darragh or Rhino.

Their decisions not to sign improved deals could seriously bite both theirs, and their agents, back on the arse!

Can you imagine how the committed players (like Kaminski, Wharton, Travis etc) feel with a £10 million pot on the table for promotion likely to go up in smoke?!

Given this is now in black and white, I am busy casting my Rovers movie.

Joe Rothwell has to be played by Anthony Quayle!!!

It goes against any talk of the Brentford model and proves that to be another fable.

If they seriously wanted that they'd have got these lads or some of them at least tied down. Way before they got to a position to be hawked around by agents to see what might be on offer.  There's very little excuse after 5 years of slow build this model that model BS.

A good CEO sniffs this out early and any indication they weren't in it for the long haul or their agents where bang at it they could have been sold for good money and replaced.

Everybody at this club in key positions just wings it from season to season, CEO, manager and owners.

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead

This is why people can’t be taking rumours on here as gospel.

JoeH is saying he’s had a PL offer and Darren Rover is saying there has been no interest in either him or Lenihan. 
Re Nyambe, they both can’t be right….

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Given this is now in black and white, I am busy casting my Rovers movie.

Joe Rothwell has to be played by Anthony Quayle!!!

You never fail to crack me up Len!.........could you also see Joe Rothwell as a 'Lawrence of Arabia' type figure? (rhetorical!)

14 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

This is why people can’t be taking rumours on here as gospel.

JoeH is saying he’s had a PL offer and Darren Rover is saying there has been no interest in either him or Lenihan. 
Re Nyambe, they both can’t be right….

Correct!

4 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

If Forest snatch promotion it would not surprise me if Brereton returns for £18 million

Under 5 goals in premier league if he does play there, in my opinion. Good money though if we get that.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

If Forest snatch promotion it would not surprise me if Brereton returns for £18 million

Was his exit not a bit sour?They practically forced him out the door if I remember correctly.

Can see him going abroad if he goes the Premier League I could see Brighton being the team taking him 

I think Ben Brereton will go to Sevilla in the summer and for around 20 million pounds. 

Rothwell is being linked with Bournemouth again and they will look to sign him in the summer, 

Bournemouth plot move to sign Blackburn Rovers star Rothwell - Source (footballinsider247.com)

I think Nyambe will leave and if the a club like Watford is interest and he wants to move down South then fair enough. 

Lenihan, I can see him getting a better offer than us personally but I don't blame anyone for testing the water for better money

What is this obsession you have with players wanting away because they are ‘looking to go down south’ ?

First Rothwell, a Manc who’s spent a couple of years at most in his life away from the north west.

Now Nyambe, who sees himself as a Manc after living there from being about nine years old.

They’ll go wherever the big contract is, and it ain’t here.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

Do Sevilla have 20m quid? I doubt it, Spanish football is washed out. Brereton will be a panic buy from either a relegated club or a promoted club. £12.5M to a Watford, Brighton, Southampton, Everton. 

I could see him staying til January and going for about £8 million to Sevilla 

That way they can play the January is a hard time to buy so won’t reinvest and then come summer it’s disappeared with the arma cash

Edited by Oldgregg86

28 minutes ago, J*B said:

Do Sevilla have 20m quid? I doubt it, Spanish football is washed out. Brereton will be a panic buy from either a relegated club or a promoted club. £12.5M to a Watford, Brighton, Southampton, Everton. 

depends on who they sell but if they do qualify for champions league will have money to spend I guess but I haven't got a clue about their financial situation. 

How many strikers do Watford need? 

If he does stay in England I think Brighton and Everton are the ones to watch tbh

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Ben Brereton will go to Sevilla in the summer and for around 20 million pounds. 

Rothwell is being linked with Bournemouth again and they will look to sign him in the summer, 

Bournemouth plot move to sign Blackburn Rovers star Rothwell - Source (footballinsider247.com)

I think Nyambe will leave and if the a club like Watford is interest and he wants to move down South then fair enough. 

Lenihan, I can see him getting a better offer than us personally but I don't blame anyone for testing the water for better money

What a shambolic handling of the Rothwell situation on our part.

Refusing to cash in.

He stays here.

Puts in some incredibly underwhelming performances.

We end up in laughable form, dropping out of the playoffs altogether.

He ends up at Bournemouth anyway for free. 

Rovers get nothing, not even a committed player for a few months.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, davulsukur said:

What a shambolic handling of the Rothwell situation on our part.

Refusing to cash in.

He stays here.

Puts in some incredibly underwhelming performances.

We end up in laughable form, dropping out of the playoffs altogether.

He ends up at Bournemouth anyway for free. 

Rovers get nothing, not even a committed player for a few months.

I'm not Rothwells biggest fan but none of the players have covered themselves in glory in this latest death spiral.

Imo the only 2 who have shown any consistency in this spell have been Van Hecke and Kaminski.

It was a no win situation whatever they decided to with Rothwell not saying you but are you telling me if we sold Rothwell in January brought a couple of others in and we still went on awful run and dropped out of the playoffs people wouldn't be saying " stupid owners our best chance in years and we go and sell one of our better performers this season to a direct rival in Bournemouth"

People can maybe rightly critise the owners for stepping in and interfering in a football decision but they had given the manager their decision and it should have been kept in house,instead we had the manager creating drama by going public trying to force their hand which was never going to work.

We were second at the time.What sort of message would it have sent out to the fan base selling him to a team at the time we were in direct competition for a place in the premier league

• Like 1

Does anyone still believe that Venkys actively intervened and refused the Rothwell sale to give us a better shot at promotion?

I'd have hoped that nonsense would have been consigned to the dustbin by now along with most other drivel that they come out with down there.

The reality is that we are such a dysfunctional shambles that even when presented with a lucrative offer that our manager wants to accept they can't get Venkys to answer the phone to sanction it and so the player stays. 

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

Does anyone still believe that Venkys actively intervened and refused the Rothwell sale to give us a better shot at promotion?

I'd have hoped that nonsense would have been consigned to the dustbin by now along with most other drivel that they come out with down there.

The reality is that we are such a dysfunctional shambles that even when presented with a lucrative offer that our manager wants to accept they can't get Venkys to answer the phone to sanction it and so the player stays. 

Complete guesswork.So why did the manager say they did say no?

You do not know if they did or didn't speak to the manager or tell whoever at the club Rothwell wasn't for sale but you are stating as fact they didn't. 

If the owners like you say have stopped all communication then who gave the go ahead for company to be set up in their name to buy the training ground and lodge 16.6 million into the club?Did Mowbray or Waggott forge their signatures?

Mowbray stated 2 days prior that Rothwell was definitely staying then changed it to Rothwell wanted to leave but the owners wouldn't sanction it.

You have absolutely no idea what communication the owners have with people at the club so why do you state your opinion backed up by no insider information as fact?

Edited by islander200