BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kit supplier and sponsor from 21/22

10 hours ago, alex l said:

Am I right in thinking Umbro's deal ends this season? If so would explain the buy one get one half price deal expertly sold by Dacky and Breo in the latest video. 

With Recoverite also being an initial one year deal the Commercial dept best get a move on

The Recoverite deal was an initial two year deal. https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/august/rovers-secure-ground-breaking-shirt-sponsorship-with-recoverite-compression/

The Umbro deal is due to end this season. I would have thought a deal with a new suppiler would have been done by now as kit designs are usually agreed on about 10-11 months before release. Unless of course we've signed a deal with Adidas, Nike or Puma, in which case it will be straight out of the teamwear catalogue (probably with a plain back if it's Adidas) with a badge and sponsor slapped on it.

I'm guessing an extension to the Umbro deal can be ruled out as they would have been able to announce it as soon as it was signed.

I'm hoping it's either Hummel, Macron or Kappa but I fear it will be a shitty teamwear deal with Adidas.

I hope we get a deal with Kappa, Hummel, Under Armour, Macron or maybe Puma. Adidas, Nike and Umbro are as dull as anything.

Last decade we seem to have just followed Umbro around - going right back to 2007 with only a couple of seasons with Nike (who inherited the Umbro deal when they bought them out).

About time we go and get a manufacturer that makes more of an effort and provides a good range of stuff at some sort of reasonable price.

• Like 1

On 18/01/2021 at 00:26, JHRover said:

I hope we get a deal with Kappa, Hummel, Under Armour, Macron or maybe Puma. Adidas, Nike and Umbro are as dull as anything.

Last decade we seem to have just followed Umbro around - going right back to 2007 with only a couple of seasons with Nike (who inherited the Umbro deal when they bought them out).

About time we go and get a manufacturer that makes more of an effort and provides a good range of stuff at some sort of reasonable price.

which clubs have kits made by Kappa, Hummel, Macron and Puma currently? are their kits much more to your likely?

On 23/01/2021 at 19:07, Lucimo said:

Wouldn't surprise me if it's Fugati. Danny Graham would probably give us a dirt cheap deal to give his brand a boost and Venkys would be all over that. 

I'd actually be all for that. At least we would get something bespoke & Danny would be all over it to make sure it was bang on if he was showing off his brand to the world on a bigger scale.

I could see a situation where 2 or 3 were put to the fans for a vote - have I dreamt it or did we once do that?

We may actually get them on sale before the start of the season too 😲

• Like 1

On 23/01/2021 at 18:53, chaddyrovers said:

which clubs have kits made by Kappa, Hummel, Macron and Puma currently? are their kits much more to your likely?

I think Kappa have all but disappeared from English football at present. I know they did Leeds a couple of years ago and Portsmouth and they were nice kits, think Villa have them now but that's about it.

Hummel have significantly increased their club and operation over the last 3-4 years and now do quite a few clubs - Everton, Middlesbrough, Coventry, Bristol City, Cambridge, Southend - I think they've really pushed the boat out on effort in their designs - Coventry have had some really nice ones especially. 

Macron do Forest, Bolton, Bristol Rovers, Reading - quite nice - the Italian manufacturers tend to be good.

Always liked the Southampton Under Armour ones but they don't seem to have much of a foothold in England at the moment. 

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think Kappa have all but disappeared from English football at present. I know they did Leeds a couple of years ago and Portsmouth and they were nice kits, think Villa have them now but that's about it.

Hummel have significantly increased their club and operation over the last 3-4 years and now do quite a few clubs - Everton, Middlesbrough, Coventry, Bristol City, Cambridge, Southend - I think they've really pushed the boat out on effort in their designs - Coventry have had some really nice ones especially. 

Macron do Forest, Bolton, Bristol Rovers, Reading - quite nice - the Italian manufacturers tend to be good.

Always liked the Southampton Under Armour ones but they don't seem to have much of a foothold in England at the moment. 

Southampton are switching to Hummel next season after mutually agreeing to end the deal with Under Armour early. This is due to Under Armour changing their marketing strategies, so we can rule them out as our next kit manufacturer.

Edited by Gumbi

9 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Hmm. I was curious so just had a quick look.

It's probably going to divide opinion, but I actually quite like this. It's traditional but with a twist:

image.png.2a28a6ba6247efa2fcabe1cafc754e4f.png

I think this is awful. If they start diddling about with our proper design it will be the beginning of the end.

• Like 2

Dont want puma they are like nike and umbro lazy catalogue policy even hummel are getting like that 

Kapoa do villa atm their stuff is brilliant so would like them or someone more unique like mentioned above danby grahams brand, least he will supply great stuff cayse the effort will be put in

End of the day I wanna see tradition, dont want shit we've seen from nike and umbro Green and grey stuff we aint Celtic, wanna see red and black, navy and yellow colours 

23 minutes ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Dont want puma they are like nike and umbro lazy catalogue policy even hummel are getting like that 

Kapoa do villa atm their stuff is brilliant so would like them or someone more unique like mentioned above danby grahams brand, least he will supply great stuff cayse the effort will be put in

End of the day I wanna see tradition, dont want shit we've seen from nike and umbro Green and grey stuff we aint Celtic, wanna see red and black, navy and yellow colours 

Umbro are far from lazy catalogue policy. All their kits are unique (bar having the same pattern on the sleeves/cuffs). Even the collars on each kit are rarely used on another teams kit. You mention wanting Kappa, but they use pretty much the same template for every single one of their teams (they just change the collar on some of them).

Also, the club have the final say on the kits we use, so if we end up with a grey away kit, that's down to the club choosing it from the selection of designs shown to them.

On 25/01/2021 at 21:27, IrelandsRover said:

Anything to be said for a bit of Asics. I know they’ve focused on Running the last few years rather than football. Not sure if they’re doing any teams anymore. 

Check out this beauty for sale on eBay at the moment. Looks like Player issue 93/94

D5C57202-F59A-400F-9BD9-E29327ED85BB.jpeg

12036D45-7170-49DF-86DD-56A72DD17BA8.jpeg

DCDC95A2-190E-42F2-B7FC-22705131F1AC.jpeg

I kept an eye on this - ended up going for over 450 quid!

• Like 1