BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kit supplier and sponsor from 21/22

28 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Macron isn't bad IMO. Quite like some of the stuff they've done - Bristol Rovers would be a good one to look at given our design and colours.

Budget brand, dreadful quality. Sunday league standard.

• Like 3

Macron have been moving into the market more and more in recent years. Also in the Championship they sort Reading, Forest, Stoke and Millwall - I can't comment on the quality or fit but the designs I think are ok - for example the Millwall halved away shirt looked ok.

Looking around the Championship most clubs are made by one of a few companies:

Umbro - us, Luton, Brentford, Bournemouth, Derby, Huddersfield

Adidas - Birmingham, Cardiff

Hummel - Bristol City, Middlesbrough, Coventry

Errea - Norwich, QPR

Puma - Barnsley, Rotherham

Macron - Reading, Forest, Millwall, Stoke

Then Swansea (Joma), Watford (Kelme), Wycombe (O'Neills), Preston (Nike) and Sheff Wed (Elev8) are alone with theirs.

Ignoring the minor ones at the bottom I'd sooner give Macron a try and see what they come up with than stay with Umbro or go with Adidas or Errea. Puma probably similar.

Think Hummel would be the best option, Under Armour would be great but seems they don't go for Championship clubs.

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Macron have been moving into the market more and more in recent years. Also in the Championship they sort Reading, Forest, Stoke and Millwall - I can't comment on the quality or fit but the designs I think are ok - for example the Millwall halved away shirt looked ok.

Looking around the Championship most clubs are made by one of a few companies:

Umbro - us, Luton, Brentford, Bournemouth, Derby, Huddersfield

Adidas - Birmingham, Cardiff

Hummel - Bristol City, Middlesbrough, Coventry

Errea - Norwich, QPR

Puma - Barnsley, Rotherham

Macron - Reading, Forest, Millwall, Stoke

Then Swansea (Joma), Watford (Kelme), Wycombe (O'Neills), Preston (Nike) and Sheff Wed (Elev8) are alone with theirs.

Ignoring the minor ones at the bottom I'd sooner give Macron a try and see what they come up with than stay with Umbro or go with Adidas or Errea. Puma probably similar.

Think Hummel would be the best option, Under Armour would be great but seems they don't go for Championship clubs.

It's strange isn't it, in UK Under Armour is seen as quality but yet in The States, it's viewed as 'The Netto' of Sportswear!

• Like 1

Worth noting that Macron merchandise on Forest's club shop is much, much cheaper than ours.

For example, a thick winter bench jacket for them is currently £30. We don't even stock them but when we did they were up for £100. Tracksuit tops are £18 for adults, at the Rovers shop they are still charging £30 (that's after a £20 reduction) from an initial £50.

• Like 1

The new kit sponsor is Macron 100%, I know someone (not very well mind, but I know him) works at the club, it is 100% macron.

Additionally the owners have sanctioned £45k to be spent on the pitch, and that is it, they don't want to spend anymore, so expect a pretty sub-standard pitch.

No, I am not claiming to be an ITK, they are just 2 things I know to be correct in regards to the club.

Edited by Wovers
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Worth noting that Macron merchandise on Forest's club shop is much, much cheaper than ours.

For example, a thick winter bench jacket for them is currently £30. We don't even stock them but when we did they were up for £100. Tracksuit tops are £18 for adults, at the Rovers shop they are still charging £30 (that's after a £20 reduction) from an initial £50.

Waggott rubbing his hands with the mark up he can now rake in...

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Wovers said:

The new kit sponsor is Macron 100%, I know someone (not very well mind, but I know him) works at the club, it is 100% macron.

Additionally the owners have sanctioned £45k to be spent on the pitch, and that is it, they don't want to spend anymore, so expect a pretty sub-standard pitch.

No, I am not claiming to be an ITK, they are just 2 things I know to be correct in regards to the club.

£45,000!!! There are 4th and 5th division clubs spend more than that on their pitch and that's ignoring the problems we had this season due to a lack of investment in previous years.

Good job we have model owners who "never refuse a cheque". Also a good job we have a CEO that told us a £2 million replacement was being sorted. He can't possibly have lied, can he?

I've absolutely no doubt your information is genuine and correct. .The £45k figure tallies with what i have heard in previous years and is the reason the pitch ended up in the state is did this winter.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

£45,000!!! There are 4th and 5th division clubs spend more than that on their pitch and that's ignoring the problems we had this season due to a lack of investment in previous years.

Good job we have model owners who "never refuse a cheque". Also a good job we have a CEO that told us a £2 million replacement was being sorted. He can't possibly have lied, can he?

I've absolutely no doubt your information is genuine and correct. .The £45k figure tallies with what i have heard in previous years and is the reason the pitch ended up in the state is did this winter.

A couple of photos of a grass-less pitch and a machine or two on the surface released on social media in the summer will still do the trick even at £45k.

’More investment from the owners 👏’, ‘fair play to Venky’s’, ‘err Bolton’.

• Like 1

So Waggott claimed a new Ewood surface would cost £2 million.

Actually the price for a Desso pitch would be significantly less than that, but still over £1 million.

Venkys are permitting £45,000.

And we were supposed to believe this lot were going to sell Brockhall, reinvest the proceeds to a state of the art facility AND cough up extra?

Con men the lot of em.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Wovers said:

To add credence to your information I heard similar about it although the figure I was told was £30k. I'm not splitting hairs but merely supporting your point that they are scrimping once again on an important area of the football side of the club despite what Waggott said in February.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19124191.rovers-ceo-outlines-2m-ewood-park-pitch-renovations-plans/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gareth Devlin said:

Looked through brochure clinging to to the hope of finding any positives. Horrendous, will spend my money elsewhere. 

Have a lot of experience  with Macron over the years......its cheap but functional in a Sunday league kid of way.

Sizes are always iffy and the style is always tight and clingy.....One for the dad bods 💪

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

To add credence to your information I heard similar about it although the figure I was told was £30k. I'm not splitting hairs but merely supporting your point that they are scrimping once again on an important area of the football side of the club despite what Waggott said in February.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19124191.rovers-ceo-outlines-2m-ewood-park-pitch-renovations-plans/

That's not good news to say the least! 

I was hoping @Wovers post was tongue in cheek as a bit of a dig at comments made by others about Mowbray getting the boot the other week.

Edited by windymiller7

There was never ever going to be a stitch pitch. Hopefully not one single person ever believed it.

Sharpe needs to ask about it and publish their excuses. I'm going for "on hold" until we understand the covid rules and the ST sales forecast. (guilt trip fans routine).

No new pitch.

Transfer Embargo.

Mowbray staying.

Boohoo.com new kits.

Regressive journey.

FOV

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

There was never ever going to be a stitch pitch. Hopefully not one single person ever believed it.

Sharpe needs to ask about it and publish their excuses. I'm going for "on hold" until we understand the covid rules and the ST sales forecast. (guilt trip fans routine).

No new pitch.

Transfer Embargo.

Mowbray staying.

Boohoo.com new kits.

Regressive journey.

FOV

Think Sharpe should go and try to find out who from Rovers went running to Sky Sports before the Middlesbrough match in January and told them we had arranged for a £2 million pitch replacement.

A lesson for anyone who listens to those at the club - don't - they couldn't lie straight in bed.

They'll tell people anything to keep them quiet, promises of x, y and z at a future date, it won't materialise.

Especially important lesson in view of the training ground con.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

To be fair, that article doesn't really say there'll definitely be a £2m stitch pitch it's Waggott saying he's going to try and obtain the finance for one.

Looks like he's failed in that task and it's yet another addition to his rapidly growing catalogue of failures since joining the Club.

He also said that if all else failed he could maybe ask the owners but was trying not to. Can we even know for certain if he has asked them?

Fairly illuminating that Cheston was telling the Fans Forum that finance could be arranged for the new training centre to be built yet we apparently can't raise the relatively much more modest sum of £2m for a new pitch.

I think that says everything about what the likelihood of a new training centre of any decent specification would have been.

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

To be fair, that article doesn't really say there'll definitely be a £2m stitch pitch it's Waggott saying he's going to try and obtain the finance for one.

Looks like he's failed in that task and it's yet another addition to his rapidly growing catalogue of failures since joining the Club.

He also said that if all else failed he could maybe ask the owners but was trying not to. Can we even know for certain if he has asked them?

Fairly illuminating that Cheston was telling the Fans Forum that finance could be arranged for the new training centre to be built yet we apparently can't raise the relatively much more modest sum of £2m for a new pitch.

I think that says everything about what the likelihood of a new training centre of any decent specification would have been.

Pleasington encore anyone?

coventrio need fucking off period, they are not fit for purpose and couldn't care two hoots (or two hats?) for BRFC!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I do wonder sometimes how much, if anything, actually gets sent back to the owners.

For people seemingly content to chuck £20 million a year into this black hole you do have to wonder why they would baulk at a much needed pitch replacement, or a lick of paint around Ewood, the costs of which would be insignificant in the scheme of things.

There's a theory that Waggott is here because it reduces the hassle to the owners and they can leave things be year to year without needing to bother themselves with the mundane requirements of running a football club. Waggott has presumably sold himself and his salary to them on the basis he can handle it all and will save them money, so I imagine running to them cap in hand with a request for another couple of million cash to rip the pitch up might not be something he wants to do or bring attention on himself for, even if the owners might well approve it if asked.

Then again it is equally plausible that the owners, clueless as they are, don't understand the importance of having a decent playing surface or the risks of neglecting this, and so don't see it as essential expenditure.

I've said for a while we have two levels to this club. The operation down at Ewood, which includes the facilities and pitch, and the first team which includes Mowbray and his spending. It's an insane way to do business but on it goes. 

I do wonder what else gets put forward or suggested at the Blackburn end but then doesn't end up ever seeing the light of day in India, or maybe vice versa. Where there is such a void and such various interests and agendas it makes me very suspicious.

• Like 2