BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

6 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Think we will get a promising young striker with resale value in by the end of the window 

British based player or foreign based? what league does he play?

53 minutes ago, Gav said:

The Blackburn Rovers of old would have moved on by now, he's clearly not interested, its desperate stuff.

Move on Mowbray, next target please. 

Gav, I said last week that Mowbray has wasted more of enough time chasing Obafemi now and to be honest I'm getting bored of us chasing a player who isn't interested in coming here. Time to move on and bring in a permanent signing aswell as other players we need to be competitive this seaon

42 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

I see the lad at Leeds we are interested in, is now in advanced talks with Sunderland.

This new recruitment guy is really earning his keep.

Maybe cos he was a target for us before Stuart Harvey moved to Sunderland. 

• Like 1

I think it speaks to the chaos at the club, given the transfer window is open from June 9 and closes on August 31, that we make our first signing on the 16th of August and the manager thinks we will sign another 6/7 on loan and permanently in a two week period. It just doesn't add up in any way 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It adds up to panic signings and bodies for the sake of it. For the manager to then spend the next 8 months trying to work out what to do with most of them.

Planning it isn't.

The best journeys are those that are unplanned 😂😂😂

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

I think it speaks to the chaos at the club, given the transfer window is open from June 9 and closes on August 31, that we make our first signing on the 16th of August and the manager thinks we will sign another 6/7 on loan and permanently in a two week period. It just doesn't add up in any way 

I get where your coming from but we hadnt sold a player for 15 million earlier in the window.

It's only since Armstrong has been sold that we have had any mention of permanent signings.

If relying on loans from Premier League acadamies then it was always going to be later rather than sooner to get them in as the clubs keep them around.

He sounded surprised when he first mentioned the possibility of a permanent player or 2 coming in when he first mentioned it when Armstrong was close to the move to Southampton.If he now has more money than expected then he will be targetting a better standard of player.

It's not a one of here anyway,last season the majority of our signings were made late,only Kaminski arrived early 

55 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It adds up to panic signings and bodies for the sake of it. For the manager to then spend the next 8 months trying to work out what to do with most of them.

Planning it isn't.

For me it adds up to our lack of finances. TBH if I was manager I would probably have to follow a similar path - having to play a bit of brinkmanship to get in the best players for the money we have available.

1 hour ago, CambridgeRover said:

While no doubt we have left it late we only recently sold arma plus prem teams are just now releasing their players due to friendly fixtures and things we quite obviously had the Clarkson deal sorted and were waiting on Liverpool likewise the Brighton boy has just been delayed due to treatment.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Think we will get a promising young striker with resale value in by the end of the window 

Could be Ellis Simms ..it was a name I heard a couple of weeks back but came from  “a mate who knows a mate who does some decorating for X Y & Z” etc so discounted it plus we also appeared to be down the line with Obafemi at the time 

3 minutes ago, AJW said:

Could be Ellis Simms ..it was a name I heard a couple of weeks back but came from  “a mate who knows a mate who does some decorating for X Y & Z” etc so discounted it plus we also appeared to be down the line with Obafemi at the time 

I believe Simms is injured, has missed all of pre-season and will be out for at least another month.