BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

It doesnt work like that, if he played 38 Premier League games in full, the evidence doesnt say that you can extrapolate a short sample of goals within a series of predominantly sub appearances, add up the minutes and then expect that over a season.

Mind you, I suspect that we wont bring in a permanent striker at all.

Eh? 4 goals in under 900 minutes of premier league football?

I personally know from experience being a striker and coming off the bench is no comparison to starting a game.

The fact he's got 4 goals in the equivalent of under 900 minutes havinf played 38 odd games shows to me he's a goalscorer.

7 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

We need another 10 like we need a hole in the head 

It's mental.

Saying that, it's mental that we stick Gallagher outwide and put players like Dolan and Buckley in the middle.

I can only assume that Gallagher is played in that role because he'll run up and down. Literally the only reason I can think of.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

You aren't going to land a 25 goals striker unless we get lucky or spend loads. 

But we can bring in a striker who can 15 goals and other players like Brereton who got 3 goals in 4 games plus midfielders and defenders chip in plus conceded less. 

Who can we get that guarantees 15 goals?  That is the type of return we should expect from Gallagher based on what we paid for him.

26 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s not a centre back either,id`e bang him in a holding midfield role push travis further forward and put carter with ayala

am also a believer in the idea lenihan could do a job as a holding midfielder. very surprised tony's never dabbled with that one tbh; didn't he used to play there occasionally as a youth? defensive centre mid type?

2 minutes ago, nbdelboy said:

am also a believer in the idea lenihan could do a job as a holding midfielder. very surprised tony's never dabbled with that one tbh; didn't he used to play there occasionally as a youth? defensive centre mid type?

He played there when he broke through but he didnt stand out even amongst the dross of Akpan, Lowe etc.

His attributes are suited to being a centre back, he is brave and powerful in the air, we win more when he plays there, but he is really poor on the ball and ponderous.

• Like 4

Regarding Lenihan:

It is realistic (and hopeful) that today was his worst performance of the season. 

Against - realistically - the best team we'll play this season. Karlan Grant, Matt Phillips, Callum Robinson and Grady Diangana are a pretty unreal frontline for this league. Not to mention their bombardment tactics escalated by Mowbrays inept formation/tactics.

I would be thrilled to resign ANY of Nyambe, Lenihan, Rothwell and Brereton. All should already be locked in till 2023/2024. 

• Like 6

One player we are definitely better without is Elliott Bennett. Seems that he has not started well at Shrewsbury, 4 losses from 4 including a 3 nil home loss to Plymouth, Bennett looking all at sea for the third.

Wonder if Luton fans have changed their opinion on Bell after a 5 nil battering at home to Birmingham. Chong looks like a brilliant loan signing for them.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

One player we are definitely better without is Elliott Bennett. Seems that he has not started well at Shrewsbury, 4 losses from 4 including a 3 nil home loss to Shrewsbury, Bennett looking all at sea for the third.

Wonder if Luton fans have changed their opinion on Bell after a 5 nil battering at home to Birmingham. Chong looks like a brilliant loan signing for them.

Plymouth today... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BRFC_Polky said:

Ryan Gauld? He signed with Vancouver Whitecaps at the end of July.

No. Hedges I meant, but can't be him because he's just done his hammy.

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Ali McCann.  His name cropped up in a tenuous link  at some stage  at some stage this summer. 

Would be a very impressive addition. Looked at him after he got a chance with N.Ireland and did well. Can't see us going for it but would be a fan of that. St Johnstone done well winning the two cups in Scotland. Callum Davidson is a coach I would seriously consider too, former Rovers and plays some good stuff.

2 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

To be honest Rev, I've been far from impressed by Pickering as a defender. 

That's worrying.

I might disagree with some of your points of view but I appreciate your eye for a player.

For what it's worth and from what I've seen of him so far I think he's a run of the mill full back playing a level above his ability.