BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

And it's never amazed myself how quick you jump to a conspiracy theory about everything.

Barr left for promotion job wise. His Rovers salary was near 1.5k a week here. 

Chris Rush left for family reasons

I'm.sure Simon Copper will lay out his reasons for leaving. 

Where's the conspiracy theory?

Fact: people are deciding to leave the club in their droves.

Option 1 is your view which is that everything is hunky dory and it just so happens all these people get better offers all at once or suddenly have 'family reasons' which lead them to work elsewhere.

Option 2 is my view which is that the club is a wreck and is falling apart and nobody wants to be a part of it any longer and these people are grasping an opportunity to work somewhere better.

No conspiracy theory, just uncomfortable and unpleasant reality IMO.

• Like 6

Crooke doesnt know what hes talking about but is probably echoing what the LT reported last week, which is why the embargo happened.

I still revert back to asking why we signed a player for a fee in January when we are so perilously on the line of FFP regulation breaking, or are been beyond that?! Or indeed why there isnt more urgency to get Armstrong sold.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Crooke doesnt know what hes talking about but is probably echoing what the LT reported last week, which is why the embargo happened.

I still revert back to asking why we signed a player for a fee in January when we are so perilously on the line of FFP regulation breaking, or are been beyond that?! Or indeed why there isnt more urgency to get Armstrong sold.

Because at that point we were not under an embargo, January was probably the last time for 12 months plus we will be able to sign someone. Infact if you knew you were likely to breach FFP you should have signed more players in January that you needed.

If you look through things, we are most probably breaching FFP by £2-3m a year, over 4 years we'll be £10-12m over it. So for Armstrong you have to hold out till the figure you want is hit otherwise no point in selling as you are already breaching by a large amount.

Next we don't actually know for sure if any club has actually made an official bid for Armstrong, just enquiries.

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Regarding Arma, I don't think anyone is willing to pay the £15-£20m we were expecting. Sounds like Watford have ended their pursuit him and Southampton haven't been back.

No doubts, he will be bundled out of the door last minute for a knockdown fee to someone. 

We already know we aren't getting any money to reinvest in the squad. 

8 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Regarding Arma, I don't think anyone is willing to pay the £15-£20m we were expecting. Sounds like Watford have ended their pursuit him and Southampton haven't been back.

No doubts, he will be bundled out of the door last minute for a knockdown fee to someone. 

We already know we aren't getting any money to reinvest in the squad. 

Southampton will come back with another bid when Ings gets his move 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Might have been Crooke, skim read twitter!

As an admin, should you not be a bit more careful with what you share here? 

Anyways, let's see,but if we are, it's not exactly fair with City on the cusp of spending the bones of £250 million on Grealish and Kane BEFORE wages. How's does that even work like 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Rich Sharpe confirms that we are either 'on the threshold' or 'breaking' FFP.

Mike Cheston said exactly that in the Fans Forum minutes of Jan 2020 - 'We are on the brink' I think were his words. We needed to sell Dack to avoid problems back then.

Things have not changed and we now need to sell Armstrong. I think it has been common knowledge for a long time.

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

As an admin, should you not be a bit more careful with what you share here? 

Anyways, let's see,but if we are, it's not exactly fair with City on the cusp of spending the bones of £250 million on Grealish and Kane BEFORE wages. How's does that even work like 

No. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well between numerous rumours and predictions that never happen and now saying we are under extreme risk of FFP without even knowing where you read it....

it does not take a genius to know we are likely to be at extreme risk of FFP, you can lose £40m over 4 seasons. We have lost in total £75m in those 4 seasons. Knock of what we can exclude and we are at about £52m of losses for those 4 seasons, so in breach by £12m.

How exactly do you think we are not close losing on average £18m a season each time we release our accounts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

He did say it might have been Crooke, and it was.

I and the majority of the board enjoy the rumours.

You can't speak for the majority of the board. I know you love a made up rumour and have been pulled on it a few times, so it doesn't surprise me you enjoy them.

Some of us get sick of them. Especially ones that are clearly BS. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phili said:

it does not take a genius to know we are likely to be at extreme risk of FFP, you can lose £40m over 4 seasons. We have lost in total £75m in those 4 seasons. Knock of what we can exclude and we are at about £52m of losses for those 4 seasons, so in breach by £12m.

How exactly do you think we are not close losing on average £18m a season each time we release our accounts.

I wasn't disputing we could be. Just the way it was communicated. Again, it's all speculation. There was a huge amount of fake news/misinformation posted about the first embargo, which lasted for a few weeks. People claiming to be ITK, without even understanding the situation. 

I don't understand your figures to be honest. Knock off what we can exclude? What does that even mean? Do you know what we can exclude or are you just guessing?

If we sell Armstrong , which we more than likely will, that will take a huge dent out of it. We all know clubs in the championship who it was said would end up in trouble with FFP and didn't and vice versa. 

Until it happens, it's just guess work. Correct? 

Just my view but I would rather spend this summer on the reinforcements we need to ensure we can at least survive in the Championship, and deal with any consequences of overspending next summer when we have assets on the books we can sell in a better climate than not spend anything under the guise of FFP rules, get relegated and then be really stuffed.

Forget about points deductions - they don't happen for overspending - see Derby, Reading, QPR. And before anyone says 'Sheffield Wednesday' their points deduction was for fiddling their accounts to try and avoid trouble.

This is of course assuming that FFP is the reason we aren't spending. I think it is more likely Venkys have just spent enough and are fed up again so nothing can happen.

If FFP is the issue then again I raise why Millwall, PNE, Barnsley, Luton and just about everyone else in this divison can compete, outperform us with much lower losses and avoid FFP trouble.

Mismanagement is the word. Does anyone pay the price for this and get sacked?

Edited by JHRover

16 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You can't speak for the majority of the board. I know you love a made up rumour and have been pulled on it a few times, so it doesn't surprise me you enjoy them.

Some of us get sick of them. Especially ones that are clearly BS. 

I've not made up one rumour.

You've specifically asked for a source on numerous occasions which is just a ridiculous question as no one would ever give their source surely? 😂

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I wasn't disputing we could be. Just the way it was communicated. Again, it's all speculation. There was a huge amount of fake news/misinformation posted about the first embargo, which lasted for a few weeks. People claiming to be ITK, without even understanding the situation. 

I don't understand your figures to be honest. Knock off what we can exclude? What does that even mean? Do you know what we can exclude or are you just guessing?

If we sell Armstrong , which we more than likely will, that will take a huge dent out of it. We all know clubs in the championship who it was said would end up in trouble with FFP and didn't and vice versa. 

Until it happens, it's just guess work. Correct? 

You can exclude, maintenance, academy, various other elements in regard to cap expense costs. I just removed these in there entirety from the figures based on what is in the accounts. If not all is covered then the amount we have breached will be higher.

So probably could be a breach range £10-18m quite conceivably.

1 minute ago, phili said:

You can exclude, maintenance, academy, various other elements in regard to cap expense costs. I just removed these in there entirety from the figures based on what is in the accounts. If not all is covered then the amount we have breached will be higher.

So probably could be a breach range £10-18m quite conceivably.

So, guess work, as I said.