BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

17 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

kean was a clueless chancer who drew considerable venom,mowbray is`nt an idiot,he knows what he`s doing and he`s hanging on to his considerable wages despite his time being up,i think he`ll be in for some terrible abuse as if expected we end up struggling,fans can see through him and the only way to get shut is to wound his considerable vanity,he gets sniffy if the telegraph dare to question him(rarely i may add) a couple of thousand irate fan bellowing at him will tip him over the edge,can`t do anything about the happy clappers,there are some fans who`d still be blindly content  if rovers sold the ground and shared turf moor

Ya, he gets ratty with local reporters, but then has his speil prepared for the soft balls when we are on sky. 

12 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Why are we losing so many backroom staff?

The Barr one really had me scratching my head, being part of the management team at Salford must be one of the least stable jobs in football. 

Then again if the people in charge at your club are trying to half the size of your training facility you may not feel too wanted!

• Like 1

Just got back from a sunny Yorkshire, didn’t see any of our 6 fingered cousins in their backyard. I’ve just read the last 6 or 7 pages. I’m not too worried about the backroom departures as this is a normal occurrence. I’d be more worried if Johnson packed his bags as I see him as the future when the three stooges have gone. I think there’s a lot of you who make 2+2=5 or 6. 

1 minute ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Just checking, Barr, head of recruitment, head of academy recruitment and head of physio all gone?

Also the small matter of losing lots of the first team squad and replacing them with literally nobody. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Just got back from a sunny Yorkshire, didn’t see any of our 6 fingered cousins in their backyard. I’ve just read the last 6 or 7 pages. I’m not too worried about the backroom departures as this is a normal occurrence. I’d be more worried if Johnson packed his bags as I see him as the future when the three stooges have gone. I think there’s a lot of you who make 2+2=5 or 6. 

losing your head physio,reserve team manager,head groundsman, academy recruitment chief all within a few months is`nt normal,unless there are plans to downsize or the club is on it`s last legs,the club doctor,the tea ladies,the laundry staff and the canteen chef will be next to decamp!!!soon there won`t be any half time oranges either

• Like 4

This harks back to the period after Venky's took over when the club's long-time accountants, solicitors, and others all left

There is obviously something going on at the club and things are not right

Off pitch problems usually mean problems on the pitch. It's looking ominous; it's going to be a difficult season

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

This harks back to the period after Venky's took over when the club's long-time accountants, solicitors, and others all left

There is obviously something going on at the club and things are not right

Off pitch problems usually mean problems on the pitch. It's looking ominous; it's going to be a difficult season

Somethings definitely not right.

I don't know what's going on but I am not looking forward to what shit show is around the corner.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

Total b0ll0cks.  When we were close to the bottom of old Division 3, Ken Furphy bought John McNamee who was about 31 and he turned out to be an inspirational signing.  There have been manu otherds as well.

I doubt we will see a penny of the Armstrong money when sold.

Consider this - 12 months to June 2020 we lost £22million.  Since then, there has been no gate money and commercial income will have fallen off a cliff.  If our losses for 12 months to June 2021 are not £30million then I'd be amazed.

I posted the other day I thought there was an 80% chance we'd be in administration before Christmas - I'll stick with that.

Not as we know it 'Jim' !

If Mowbray walks before end of August, I'd put every penny you have on Neil taking over!

I was told by a Preston fan several weeks ago , that Neil is Rovers next manager ....Time will tell , Mowbray won't reign long ...

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

losing your head physio,reserve team manager,head groundsman, academy recruitment chief all within a few months is`nt normal,unless there are plans to downsize or the club is on it`s last legs,the club doctor,the tea ladies,the laundry staff and the canteen chef will be next to decamp!!!soon there won`t be any half time oranges either

How do you know it’s not all coincidence, this happens in all industries. Poor performance by the “company’ results in some of the employees moving on. They obviously don’t believe the three stooges can turn it around. Why wouldn’t you move to avoid being trained as a failure.

We could do a lot worse than Neil as manager and he's one I'd be pretty happy with.

However, I'm struggling to believe there's any truth in the suggestion he's lined up or even been looked at by Rovers or that there is some plan in place on Mowbray. 

If they weren't going to remove him last season when he took us towards a relegation battle with that squad and not this summer when a new man might have a chance next season then why wait a few games this?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, cesus said:

The Barr one really had me scratching my head, being part of the management team at Salford must be one of the least stable jobs in football. 

Then again if the people in charge at your club are trying to half the size of your training facility you may not feel too wanted!

Might not be a bad thing that’s it’s not stable, if he’s on a decent contract which he will be for that level and our old pal GB gets the boot he’ll get a nice payout before going into another job. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We could do a lot worse than Neil as manager and he's one I'd be pretty happy with.

However, I'm struggling to believe there's any truth in the suggestion he's lined up or even been looked at by Rovers or that there is some plan in place on Mowbray. 

If they weren't going to remove him last season when he took us towards a relegation battle with that squad and not this summer when a new man might have a chance next season then why wait a few games this?

I'd have taken him like a shot at any point over the last 2 seasons to see what he could do with Mowbrays backing and squad.

Just what he might be left with if he did end up here is a worry now though.

• Like 1

I don't think they'll ever stick Rovers in admin they'll just slash it all back then leave us hanging.

They way they run things and who they employ needs 15 mill a year funding just to sit in the middle of the championship. If they want to halve that then are happy to keep chucking it in for another decade then we'll be the same club just an entire division below.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Administration by Christmas, Neil in as manager - not as crazy as some like @chaddyroversmay think.

Sadly, I think we are sinking like a stone.

I think 5 years of Mowbray & co have done for us.

You have said the same every year for 5 years .

I think they are downscaling it but I do not see them putting us into administration but maybe it will be 5th time lucky for you 

• Like 1

If as it's looking like all these departures of playing staff and other staff are down to urgent cost cutting. And the sale of a full training site is being pushed then these seem like steps to avoid admin.

Not much point going through all that if you are going to let it go bust before long. Plus any player worth anything would be being flogged quickly now.

I did wonder if there;d been some external borrowing to get through covid and now there;s a panic to pay that back.  I don't think Vs way of funding covers that kind of thing, certainly not in one big lump.

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I did wonder if there;d been some external borrowing to get through covid 

They pump money in directly from the group. They don't get a loan to do that, their overall group performance over the last 18 months has actually been phenomenal,  they make vaccines for fucks sake.

The losses will be moved across the group by a good accountant and off set against profit somewhere else.  Its not a problem for them to bung us 5m here and there....they are billionaires.  If we get up I bet they'd spend, but stupidly.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

They pump money in directly from the group. They don't get a loan to do that, their overall group performance over the last 18 months has actually been phenomenal,  they make vaccines for fucks sake.

The losses will be moved across the group by a good accountant and off set against profit somewhere else.  Its not a problem for them to bung us 5m here and there....they are billionaires.  If we get up I bet they'd spend, but stupidly.

I get that and agree but i'm on about borrowings this end just cast your mind back a few years.

Last time there was issues Rovers took out some short term high interest loans when the taps from India were turned off. I believe the sudden departure of Tom Cairney was to cover some of that.

Not beyond the realms of possibility they've had to take it upon themselves at this end to do similar.