BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

On the Roversfan MB this was posted:

" guy who claims to be in-the-know about Rovers at the golf club showed me a message yesterday evening from someone he knows at Rovers.
It claimed that Venky's are about to sell all or part of their share in the club to someone who owns / runs the Indian Premier League cricket."

15 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

On the Roversfan MB this was posted:

" guy who claims to be in-the-know about Rovers at the golf club showed me a message yesterday evening from someone he knows at Rovers.
It claimed that Venky's are about to sell all or part of their share in the club to someone who owns / runs the Indian Premier League cricket."

Blackburn Rovers Cricket Club 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Let’s hope it’s the Ambani family then😂😂 own Mumbai Indians and a personal worth of some £75billion US😂😂

Wouldn't that be a huge loss of face for them though - assuming they'd come in and run us like a professional outfit. 

25 minutes ago, Meesh said:

Wouldn't that have to be in a year's time? We've only just gone ahead with standard pitch refurbishments. Doesn't make sense to search for funding for that until next year I would have thought.

We have gone ahead with the standard refurbishment due to being unable to externally raise the £2 million required for a stitch pitch.

• Like 2

At least 3 years ago maybe more i posted something on here that had come from a chance conversation. Guy who told me knows next to nothing about Rovers but found himself talking to a guy who said he worked for a firm who did some work at Rovers ( PR i think it was 😏)

Anyway it went along the lines of someone wanted to buy one of the brothers shares because they'd had enough. The problem was the head V, whoever it is, Madame presumably was having non of it.  This person wanted to invest heavily to try for promotion.

That was the gist of it and the only reason i gave it any air time was the lad who told me wouldn't bother making anything up and wouldn't know some of the stuff he relayed unless he'd been told it.

It's possibly a similar thing to this and seems to pop up every few years. When it comes after a bad season and where now people are demanding big changes i think i'd write it off as just a stealthy PR stunt.  The Luca Toni / Ray Wilkins regular rumours probably had more legs.

Expect the usual back of a fag packet statement late summer that the owners are not looking to sell, remain in it for the long term. And are committed to returning the club to the Prem.

Bullshit all around basically.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

I was in the pub at Stoke away in 2019 when we won 2-1. I spoke to multiple well connected Rovers fans in there who were adamant that Venkys were selling to Eurogarages and that Gareth Ainsworth was lined up to take over as manager. 18 months on and here we are.

Venkys won't sell, or share.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I was in the pub at Stoke away in 2019 when we won 2-1. I spoke to multiple well connected Rovers fans in there who were adamant that Venkys were selling to Eurogarages and that Gareth Ainsworth was lined up to take over as manager. 18 months on and here we are.

Venkys won't sell, or share.

...especially to the Issa brothers 😉