BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

13 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I totally agree that we have to focus on our own game. We can't affect the results of other matches.

If we don't win on Monday though, in this latest round of games 5 of our rivals will have gained 2 or 3 points on us, coupled with the fact that we'd then have won one in 4.

A glass half empty view perhaps!

We’ll all drive ourselves insane if we do this over the course of the next 20 games. 😅

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Can’t see us getting anything on Monday in all honesty…the thought of Relying on Sam Gallagher scoring is just making me sick…hope he proves me wrong…

IMO it will be a scrap for 6th come the end of the season…Between us & Forest. Boro will be above us along with QPR & West Brom

Why does it have to be Gallagher who scores.If we show the level of defending we did prior to the Hull game, then just the 1 goal could win it.

Boro ain't a freescoring side

Really strong mentality and never-give-up attitude. Some times you dont need quality, u just need to know how not to give up. of course to be in a position to do that, QPR needed to keep themselves in the game to be able to get late winners. impressed with QPR to be honest.

v Cov (88th winner)
v West Brom (89th winner)
v Rotterdam (115th equaliser) - FA Cup
v Bristol (93rd winner)
v Derby (90th winner)
v Hudds (81st winner)
v ROVERS 🌹 (83rd winner)
v Preston (74th winner)
v Barnsely (91st equaliser)
v Boro (76th winner)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Really strong mentality and never-give-up attitude. Some times you dont need quality, u just need to know how not to give up. of course to be in a position to do that, QPR needed to keep themselves in the game to be able to get late winners. impressed with QPR to be honest.

v Cov (88th winner)
v West Brom (89th winner)
v Rotterdam (115th equaliser) - FA Cup
v Bristol (93rd winner)
v Derby (90th winner)
v Hudds (81st winner)
v ROVERS 🌹 (83rd winner)
v Preston (74th winner)
v Barnsely (91st equaliser)
v Boro (76th winner)

Good teams score near the death. They have the right mentality.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Absolutely. You saw it with Man Utd all the time when they were in their prime. People called it luck, blamed it on bias referees, suggested match fixing, but it's nothing to do with any of that. It's having a will to win which persists until the very last second of the match. It starts from the manager but requires every player to buy in and contribute. Seems QPR have that at the moment. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Good teams score near the death. They have the right mentality.

And as you said yesterday, experience (Gray, Austin etc). I don’t think we have enough of that in our side - particularly for the run in.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

On 22/01/2022 at 18:24, BankEnd Rover said:

Can’t see us getting anything on Monday in all honesty…the thought of Relying on Sam Gallagher scoring is just making me sick…hope he proves me wrong…

IMO it will be a scrap for 6th come the end of the season…Between us & Forest. Boro will be above us along with QPR & West Brom

Thank God he proved many of us wrong. 

• Backroom

Another huge game on Saturday, beat Luton (Bournemouth play Barnsley) then we have another game before Bournemouth as they are in cup action so would give us an opportunity to create some distance and put the pressure on them 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tom said:

Another huge game on Saturday, beat Luton (Bournemouth play Barnsley) then we have another game before Bournemouth as they are in cup action so would give us an opportunity to create some distance and put the pressure on them 

Have to say, given our injury situation, being out of the cup is looking like more of  a bonus with each passing league game. 

February is such a massive month. If we can hold Forest and WBA then I think we can really start to believe. Whatever happens from here, it’s been a phenomenal effort.

Just been looking. Average points for 2nd place since the mid 90s is 87 and average for 6th spot is 74. We're on 52 with 18 to play. 

I'm confident of 6th spot  the wheels will have to well and truly come off for us not to get that and after last night I don't think that is going to happen. 2nd is a big ask with how stretched the squad. Couple of good bodies through the door will help this massively. 

Bournemouth aren't the biggest worry for me at the moment  but QPR seem to be quietly chipping away. Let's hope Swansea can do us a favour tonight because if they win their 2 games over us they go 2nd

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Just been looking. Average points for 2nd place since the mid 90s is 87 and average for 6th spot is 74. We're on 52 with 18 to play. 

I'm confident of 6th spot  the wheels will have to well and truly come off for us not to get that and after last night I don't think that is going to happen. 2nd is a big ask with how stretched the squad. Couple of good bodies through the door will help this massively. 

Bournemouth aren't the biggest worry for me at the moment  but QPR seem to be quietly chipping away. Let's hope Swansea can do us a favour tonight because if they win their 2 games over us they go 2nd

QPR have always been the team I've worried about but Bournemouth have the easiest game of the weekend on paper. Be great if both of them got beat and we could do Luton.

Just now, booth said:

QPR have always been the team I've worried about but Bournemouth have the easiest game of the weekend on paper. Be great if both of them got beat and we could do Luton.

I’m torn on QPR as I’ve said in this thread. Part of me thinks, ‘good teams win matches late, they’ll not be going away’. But then the stats and viewpoints from their fans would suggest they’re getting very lucky to pick up the recent wins that they have, so the bubble may well burst. Concerningly though, they do have a pretty great set of fixtures coming up apart from Boro at home.

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I’m torn on QPR as I’ve said in this thread. Part of me thinks, ‘good teams win matches late, they’ll not be going away’. But then the stats and viewpoints from their fans would suggest they’re getting very lucky to pick up the recent wins that they have, so the bubble may well burst. Concerningly though, they do have a pretty great set of fixtures coming up apart from Boro at home.

It's great results that count, not great fixtures.

3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

They are without a couple of players tonight. Chair and Gray on international duty I believe.