BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

44 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Anybody else feel that we kind of need to go up 2nd as we would buckle in the playoffs? I don’t see us holding up to the pressure of that personally.

who do you fear up the top?

for me Bournemouth with Parker in charge, I don’t see them getting too 2. West Brom seem to be lacking too. So for me I fear boro, forest and qpr seem to be grinding out results with lots of late winners, hopefully that bubble bursts but they seem to be able to keep it going 

I personally felt Middlesbrough was a bit of a pressure game and after that performance I would have some confidence in the playoffs games. 

Only Fulham , just based on our last experience but they should get automatic.

• Backroom
4 hours ago, rigger said:

No Brum away.

Oh bloody hell, still think that Hughes last game when we capitulated there was the start of a slow downfall for us.

Missed out on Europe, then Hughes left and Ince came in 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Why does that discredit the players? 

Basically saying that we are poor footballers of limited ability and how mowbray is distraught because of these limited players he has that he can’t do his sexy possession football that sky comms always seem to think he plays , which Iv never seen here 

29 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

What the championship needs are decent referees because the standard is absolutely appalling with many refs bordering on being incompetent buffoons and unfit to referee, much like the inept linos!

It's not much better in the Premier League imo and the officials operating the VAR are even worse. 

What about that penalty Liverpool were awarded Sunday?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

What the championship needs are decent referees because the standard is absolutely appalling with many refs bordering on being incompetent buffoons and unfit to referee, much like the inept linos!

Where does this influx of quality referees suddenly come from? The only way to see an noticeable increase in accuracy (by no means does it make it perfect either) is to bring in VAR to help the referees. Take the Hull game, we get a penalty and the second doesnt count.

46 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Basically saying that we are poor footballers of limited ability and how mowbray is distraught because of these limited players he has that he can’t do his sexy possession football that sky comms always seem to think he plays , which Iv never seen here 

Lots of hyperbole there, but it focuses on the assumption that possession football means good footballers. Our players in general aren't the most technically gifted group in the league in the main, but the best doesnt just mean the technically best. Brereton technically isnt standout, Rothwell and Khadra arent best suited to possession football, even a more technically gifted player like Buckley's best asset is arguably his ability to pinch the ball. I dont think thats an insult, obviously we arent awful "footballers" but I think its easy to misread such a suggestion.

59 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Where does this influx of quality referees suddenly come from? The only way to see an noticeable increase in accuracy (by no means does it make it perfect either) is to bring in VAR to help the referees. Take the Hull game, we get a penalty and the second doesnt count.

Lots of hyperbole there, but it focuses on the assumption that possession football means good footballers. Our players in general aren't the most technically gifted group in the league in the main, but the best doesnt just mean the technically best. Brereton technically isnt standout, Rothwell and Khadra arent best suited to possession football, even a more technically gifted player like Buckley's best asset is arguably his ability to pinch the ball. I dont think thats an insult, obviously we arent awful "footballers" but I think its easy to misread such a suggestion.

If you watched the game and heard the commentators it certainly wasn’t meant as a compliment 

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

By making them professional and ACCOUNTABLE!

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

By making them professional and ACCOUNTABLE!

They are professional and accountable although it's not an accountability that I think you mean. I prefer the word transparency in the context I think you mean. Select Group One was formed in 2000 and with one exception they were all given contracts as full time employees of the newly former Professional Game Match Officials Ltd. This group operated primarily on the Premier League. Four of five seasons ago Select Group Two came into being and this group are effectively exclusive to the Championship. They also are full time employees of the PGMO. I was only speaking about this at the weekend to a friend still involved in full time refereeing and my gripe is that after two decades of full time referees is the standard any better than it was when refereeing was effectively part time. I believe it's worse now despite millions being thrown at it. I would use the same argument for Select Group Two. So where has it gone wrong is the real question. I don't think the quality has been coming through for a long time now. Too many referees are pretty much fast tracked through the system because they are young but, as has showed many times they can't operate on a big stage. 

Refereeing standards have always been a big debating point but I believe that the general standard in the Championship is the worst in my lifetime, even the time I had as an active official.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, West Yorks Rover said:

The danger man Adebayo scored the winner for Luton but he limped off at the end helped by 2 physios.

Here's hoping for Saturday.

I like Adebayo and was dreading him against us. I think at a better team he'd be scoring 20+ goals.