BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

AFC Fylde vs Rovers (Pre-Season 21/22)

27 minutes ago, rigger said:

What i noted from the game was : The first half team, which was the stronger side, had more possession and drew 0-0. The second half team, which was weaker, had less possession but won 0-1.

i bet the second half team got a roasting off tony for not keeping the possesion levels up!!!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I wouldn't worry to much, we were playing the dog and duck

It wasn't a case of worry, I was trying to point out that whoever you are playing, possession doesn't equate to winning.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 3

Just now, rigger said:

It wasn't a case of worry, I was trying to point out that whoever you are playing, posession doesn't equate to winning.

True.

It's a worry isn't it, 2 fresh teams at the beginning of each half. Should have bashed teams like this 5 or 6 at least...we are 3 weeks away from starting.

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

True.

It's a worry isn't it, 2 fresh teams at the beginning of each half. Should have bashed teams like this 5 or 6 at least...we are 3 weeks away from starting.

To tell the truth I am more worried by the fact that at Half time Mowbray spent all his time talking to the Fylde staff and none talking to the U23s he was about to throw on. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

It is Ian but the wider question for me is have we got into a deal with a poor supplier. I did lots of supplier contracts and we always insisted on penalty clauses for late delivery. I don't know the details of this particular deal but if Macron promised delivery dates and didn't meet them then the club should be hammering them.

...& they may well be for all I know. 🤷‍♂️
Covid & Brexit has impacted upon loads of supply chains.

2 hours ago, Roverthechimp said:

I think the anger is compounded by the fact that Sheff Weds temporary shirt resembled a football shirt. Ours looked like something homemade on a cheap "fruit of the loom" knockoff...

I suspect it’s just luck of the draw as to what team wear Macron could get their hands on.

4 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

...& they may well be for all I know. 🤷‍♂️
Covid & Brexit has impacted upon loads of supply chains.

I was also told that the kit only arrived in Blackburn on Thursday and was completely unbranded except for the Macron logo.

If all the teams they supply are in a similar position then Macron are going to have an exceptionally busy few weeks to get enough stock in to satisfy demand.

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

I was also told that the kit only arrived in Blackburn on Thursday and was completely unbranded except for the Macron logo.

I’m reminded of a time when my u15 team was awaiting delivery of a kit to a shop in Rochdale & got it on the morning of our 1st game.

When unboxed pre-match, the stripes on the sleeves had been sewn on upside down 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Herbie6590 said:

I’m reminded of a time when my u15 team was awaiting delivery of a kit to a shop in Rochdale & got it on the morning of our 1st game.

When unboxed pre-match, the stripes on the sleeves had been sewn on upside down 🤦‍♂️

Similarly Ian when I was an active referee the PGMOL secured a lucrative deal with Emirates but there wasn't enough time to get their badges on the shirt sleeves so they sent us the badges out separately the day before the season started. Vague instructions were supplied on how to affix the badges and the next day pitches up and down were littered with Emirates badges which had fallen off 😁😁. I took mine to a local dry cleaner and they applied them with their best presser.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

I played in a brand new “ Blackpool “ kit for one amateur club back in the day. It rained throughout the game and when we took the shirts off in the changing rooms the dye had run really badly and we all looked like we’d been “ Tango-ed “.

Maybe I’m missing something here but how can a stripe be upside down Herbie ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, renrag said:

I don’t understand why they couldn’t have used last seasons shirts. Obviously there is no respect for the club’s tradition

course they can't use last seasons, umbro deal ended June 30th.

If we were with macron last year I'm sure this would've happened

6 minutes ago, IrelandsRover said:

course they can't use last seasons, umbro deal ended June 30th.

Don't see why not.

MACRON are in breach of their supply agreement before the relationship has even got off the ground.

We should have given them the choice of either allowing us to use last season's kit until the new one is ready to use or we hammer them with a penalty clause.

If Waggott bothered to insist on one that is.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

If all the teams they supply are in a similar position then Macron are going to have an exceptionally busy few weeks to get enough stock in to satisfy demand.

Is that normal?

Should it not arrive completely ready to go?

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Is that normal?

The Rovers badge and sponsors logo usually comes with the shirt from the supplier. Names and numbers are done in house.

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The Rovers badge and sponsors logo usually comes with the shirt from the supplier. Names and numbers are done in house.

Yes I would have thought that should be the case. 

In latest news, Mickey Mouse spotted wearing a Macron Shirt.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rigger said:

It wasn't a case of worry, I was trying to point out that whoever you are playing, possession doesn't equate to winning.

The stats have backed that up for last season but it doesn't seem to get pushed like the possession stats. Where some continue to try and say it does work sometimes so it might be justified.

Unfortunately the wise old book end in charge will continue with it. Theory is turning those 0-1's into 1-0's and we'll progress.

Doesn't work like that in practice though it's just as likely they'll turn into 0-2's instead. 

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Is that normal?

I guess it was the temporary kit came unbranded and not the kit that we we actually use next season.

• J*B unpinned this topic
42 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Gateshead cancelled.

I was hoping for something to happen with the club this weekend…maybe an incoming transfer? 

Yeah; apparently due to various "operational and internal problems, Rovers are unable to fulfil this fixture."

What IS going on at this once-Great Club Of Ours? "Do they not want any support?", asks the man who was going to the Geordie Shore to tick another ground where I've seen a Rovers team play. Yes, I know; sad, isn't it?

Just as well as it was part of a 'Friends and football' weekend in the North East. At least I've still got me mates to see on the Sunday and Monday.

Edited by m1st
  • Like 2