BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

AFC Fylde vs Rovers (Pre-Season 21/22)

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Will be ignored or loaned out as soon as the serious action starts and we have bought another four or five loanees in then.

sadly i think your right,butterworth was always highly though of,terribly unlucky with injuries,if he`s driving forward at every opportunity then it`s nailed on he`ll be ignored,anyone in the squad who dares to pass or go forward is branded flighty and unreliable

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You could just about put up with the new  kits not being ready to be put on general sale by the opening game but for there not to be at least a set available for the first team is an absolute joke.

Wonder if there's any other Club in the football League in that embarrassing position.

Exactly Rev, exactly!

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

sadly i think your right,butterworth was always highly though of,terribly unlucky with injuries,if he`s driving forward at every opportunity then it`s nailed on he`ll be ignored,anyone in the squad who dares to pass or go forward is branded flighty and unreliable

Think it was Paul Mani who said at least 12 months ago he was rated behind the scenes as the best of the youngsters. Seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth since then.

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Will be ignored or loaned out as soon as the serious action starts and we have bought another four or five loanees in then.

Well I hope not. Do feel he has something to the first team squad this season if he can stay fit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If that actually is the view from his house he doesn't need to close the curtains, he can't see it for the trees!

I've just had a word with him Rev, he doesn't have any bloody curtains, his reply started in F and ended in F.........😃

0E550B0D-DF6A-4BE1-A4A9-2060261C8E0A.thumb.jpeg.8a681f97c69d881900dd6548a85f514a.jpeg

• Like 1

Of all Mowbrays sins from last year, the biggest damnation was not finding any time for the youngsters in the four dead rubber games at the end of last year. McBride should have been played in every game. Just a disgraceful pursuit of self preservation. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

First time I saw him play I thought - a young David Speedie.

Speedie was just before my time. But Butterworth seems to be of number 10 type of player who has skill and some pace but we need him to stay injury free if possible

The worste thing for me was, Mowbray came out with the young team for the second half. The players looked like they didn't know what to do. Instead of giving our team some instuction he spent 10 minutes talking to Fyldes staff. He then spent the rest of the second half sat down. I tried my best to give him shit, but it fell on deaf ears. We have got a reasonable squad, but poorly managed. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Terrible looking shirt, even if it is just the training top or whatever.

Looks like a piss poor version of a Bury FC shirt.

Chalk another one into the embarrassing/tin pot column.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Roverthechimp said:

Pulled pudd for a fiver....

"....and Adam just felt a bit stiff after the work he has put in so it wasn't worth bringing Adam when there are some Under-23s players who I wanted to have a look at." (TM in LET)

🤣 Where do i pick up my winnings?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

"Warm applause" according to the LT. Not a "Mowbray Out" to be heard. Happy Clappers and Kids in borrowed shirts... what a mess.

Yeap. It was "Tony, Tony give us a wave". And he did but sadly not the wave goodbye that many of us want.

No Mowbray out chants yet. Slightly disappointing. I still think the next death spiral will be his last. It never really got going but I did like someone’s effort of “tell me lies, tell me lies, tell me Steve waggott lies.” To Fleetwood Mac song.

• Like 5

Just now, Roverthechimp said:

"....and Adam just felt a bit stiff after the work he has put in so it wasn't worth bringing Adam when there are some Under-23s players who I wanted to have a look at." (TM in LET)

🤣 Where do i pick up my winnings?

Tony can't even be bothered to think of an injury. 

The scene is set for a season of "senior players" enjoying time off, as we embark on our journey up sh*t creek.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Maybe we are keeping away any risk of Armstrong jeopardising a transfer away by pulling up. Maybe we wont sign anyone until he goes.

Do you think even if he goes we will spend money on permanent transfers this summer?I don't 

The reason for no signings yet is because the premier league clubs won't let their kids out on loan to they have numbers back .

It was a pretty attritional game. Was interesting to see some of the younger lads play who I’d not seen before. The standout performers being Brennan, Pike, Saadi and Butterworth. The latter looks a top player if he can stay fit. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, matt83 said:

No Mowbray out chants yet. Slightly disappointing. I still think the next death spiral will be his last. It never really got going but I did like someone’s effort of “tell me lies, tell me lies, tell me Steve waggott lies.” To Fleetwood Mac song.

patience will snap when the season begins and after 5 matches we start having  75% possesion but still lose them all😯