BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

AFC Fylde vs Rovers (Pre-Season 21/22)

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

One of Pears, Eastham and Stergiakis were going to miss out. 

Was Johnson's injury more of a game injury and do we know what he came off with? 

But why take a risk with any players who might have a slight injury problem in the first friendly game?

I didn't suggest that we take risks, I said quite the opposite and that was not the suggestion or point that I was making, indeed what I was saying was a point that has clearly evaded you.

Johnson injured his hamstring according to Mowbray.

24 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

What a moron Mowbray is:  we didn’t play our senior players because they weren’t fir enough.  Bloody hell, you Mowbray, organised a pre season friendly and then can’t get players fit enough for that game.

Another bloody excuse, we the fans are being taken for a ride and taken for granted.   This man and the management team around him are absolutely the worst  that could be imagined.

Time for the lot of them to go, and tomorrow would be just about early enough.

no friendlies for 2 weeks then 3 in a week!!!!!!!!!i would trust mowbray to get my sunday paper,he`s a mess

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

no friendlies for 2 weeks then 3 in a week!!!!!!!!!i would trust mowbray to get my sunday paper,he`s a mess

I spotted that awful schedule.

Mind you they can play with themselves down Brockhall Holiday Camp for the next 2 weeks.

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

A very strange schedule. I thought for sure they would add in a 5th friendly between Fylde and Bradford games, but it doesn't seem as though that is going to be the case.

7 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

A very strange schedule. I thought for sure they would add in a 5th friendly between Fylde and Bradford games, but it doesn't seem as though that is going to be the case.

A Rovers XI is facing Gateshead next Saturday 11111111.jpg.9ac274266a52756820670c6abd10a533.jpg2222222.jpg.6dc3e6de8c5ed0dfa235889d999ef82b.jpg

• Backroom
6 hours ago, Gumbi said:

Sheffield Wednesday, who also announced a deal with Macron, are using temporary kits too.

At least theirs looks like a Sheffield Wednesday kit though 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

Fylde normally play in white shirts at home but today they wore yellow without any numbers on them. I have been told that the only kit Rovers could get from Macron was the white one so there were frantic phone calls between the clubs yesterday with Fylde generously offering to play in yellow but couldn't get numbers on in time.

Good grief. Remind me which club is the non league club. Us or Fylde. We’ll be loaning the team bus off afc Darwen if the Punatics are here for another decade. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Tom said:

At least theirs looks like a Sheffield Wednesday kit though 

I would guess that Macron probably have blue and white striped teamwear kits available as it's a very common design, whereas they may not make blue and white halved teamwear kits.

• Like 1

I was in the stand today, along the pitch and the one thing I did notice (that hasn't been mentioned) is how some players seemed to be subtly negative toward the coaching methods of David Lowe - messers Rothwell & Travis in particular had body language which was less than ideal.

I was impressed with the backline in the first half - Pike, Barnes, Cater and Pickering who seemed organised, communicated well with the full backs offering an attacking threat.

In the second half, I thought that Butterworth and McBride showed glimpses of promise with the later taking his goal very well.

Overall it was the sort of game you'd expect first up in pre-season.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

Fylde normally play in white shirts at home but today they wore yellow without any numbers on them. I have been told that the only kit Rovers could get from Macron was the white one so there were frantic phone calls between the clubs yesterday with Fylde generously offering to play in yellow but couldn't get numbers on in time.

We are an absolute amateur outfit, wearing amateur outfits, (not) supplied by an amateur outfit.

If Macron couldn’t supply we should have gone to a local kit manufacturer and made Macron pay for the kits and the embarrassment.

”Macron only had white” - fucking hell!

Dealing with Macron we can expect supply issues for the foreseeable future.

Get them old kits on people.

Thought Butterworth was man of the match (or the half) but shout out to Stergiakis who made some very tidy stops. He’s also now been donned “Jesus”.

Bog average kit suppliers, bog average manager and team. Just a bog average championship club there just to make up the numbers and not get above our station these days.

All whilst flushing 20 million a season of Indian money through the pipes with seemingly happy billionaire owners.

No wonder not many of them look like they give much of a toss on the sidelines. It's just a wage.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What an absolute shit show.

Having to be bailed out by a non League side. We're meant to be a professional Club in the second tier of English football.

So:

Extortionate match day prices

Season ticket prices raised during a pandemic

The Brockhall fiasco

New pitch promised which never came to fruition

Edit: Young fans excluded from a Club mural

No kit to play in

The list of fiascos gets longer and longer.

Come on Venky's - sort this rabble down at Ewood out! 

Please!

Why are they going to sort it out now Rev? It's been ten years and counting.  The names change from time to time - Shebby, Hunt, Senior, Shaw etc/ Kean, Berg, Appleton, Coyle - but club continues it's never ending downward spiral.  To change things they have to be interested and that's something they haven't shown since they bought the club.

As for the today the main plus for me was being able to go to a football game with friends and enjoy a social occasion.  As for the game I thought Barnes and Carter looked good at the back, whilst Butterworth and McBride showed promise up front.  The predictable was Johnson and Vale coming off injured. 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, LScotty2706 said:

A Rovers XI is facing Gateshead next Saturday 11111111.jpg.9ac274266a52756820670c6abd10a533.jpg2222222.jpg.6dc3e6de8c5ed0dfa235889d999ef82b.jpg

Isn't that just a "reserve" freindly  similar to the one we played at Darwen yesterday?

Can't imagine Kaminski, Armstrong, etc lining up in that one.

11 hours ago, rigger said:

I think I did, it just fell on deaf ears. Well at least I got a little bit of satisfaction out of it. The Fylde fans around me, thought I was a bit weird, and I got plenty of social distancing. If in your world you believe you called it right, dream on . 

Didn’t you get thrown out during king rats time for doing exactly this @rigger ?

I seem to recall you relocating to JW Lower for the afternoon 😃

Edited by Gav

7 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Isn't that just a "reserve" freindly  similar to the one we played at Darwen yesterday?

Can't imagine Kaminski, Armstrong, etc lining up in that one.

Yes (was probably already scheduled but nobody was interested until the ridiculous planning was mentioned on here 🤔😂)

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

The kit issue is purely down to Macron. Sheff Weds also have a “pre-season kit” from Macron.

I think the anger is compounded by the fact that Sheff Weds temporary shirt resembled a football shirt. Ours looked like something homemade on a cheap "fruit of the loom" knockoff...

Edited by Roverthechimp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

The kit issue is purely down to Macron. Sheff Weds also have a “pre-season kit” from Macron.

It is Ian but the wider question for me is have we got into a deal with a poor supplier. I did lots of supplier contracts and we always insisted on penalty clauses for late delivery. I don't know the details of this particular deal but if Macron promised delivery dates and didn't meet them then the club should be hammering them.

• Like 4

It happens here every season, I.e going into the first friendly with no new kit for the players, never mind on sale.

Though usually goes fairly unnoticed as we’d been with Umbro for years so they’d just trot out in a shirt from the previous campaign.

All part of the slapdash operation down there.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, rigger said:

What i noted from the game was : The first half team, which was the stronger side, had more possession and drew 0-0. The second half team, which was weaker, had less possession but won 0-1.

I wouldn't worry to much, we were playing the dog and duck

• Like 1