BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

AFC Fylde vs Rovers (Pre-Season 21/22)

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Was it @riggerwho was going to give it to Mogadon today......?  Am I to assume it's happy clapping as normal Riggy?

No I tried my best from Area C in the main stand. But Mowbray basically sat down most of the game, except to get up and clap for the young lad who died.  Mowbray has thicker skin than a lot of people think. Never Assume it will make an Ass of U +me. Did you go today?

Edited by rigger

48 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Speedie was just before my time. But Butterworth seems to be of number 10 type of player who has skill and some pace but we need him to stay injury free if possible

Speedie was a very direct player who only knew one way towards goal. 110% effort in every game. What worries me is the long spell Butterworth has had out with a back injury. Speaking from personal experience a chronic back injury is just what you don’t want as a footballer.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Do you think even if he goes we will spend money on permanent transfers this summer?I don't 

The reason for no signings yet is because the premier league clubs won't let their kids out on loan to they have numbers back .

Not at all. A mixture of kids on loan, freebies and the likes of Davenport and Chapman again "being like new signings."

Is it not a worry that so many first teamers either weren't fit enough to participate or indeed came off? Kaminski, Brereton and Lenihan are all explained, but no Armstrong, Dolan, Gallagher, Pears or Ayala, as well as Johnson limping off, so half a dozen that went to Scotland are already not right.

Totally on board with taking precautions in pre-season, but why are so many unfit?

Also, Mowbray is already coming across as crabby and miserable post match. Maybe he is fed up with things above his head, all pointing towards a long slog of a season.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is it not a worry that so many first teamers either weren't fit enough to participate or indeed came off? Kaminski, Brereton and Lenihan are all explained, but no Armstrong, Dolan, Gallagher, Pears or Ayala, as well as Johnson limping off, so half a dozen that went to Scotland are already not right.

Totally on board with taking precautions in pre-season, but why are so many unfit?

Also, Mowbray is already coming across as crabby and miserable post match. Maybe he is fed up with things above his head, all pointing towards a long slog of a season.

It certainly doesn't look like it will be anything else. Unless you're the most Rosey of rose tinted spectacle wearer. 

I wonder would Mr "never a burden" quit if he isn't somewhat backed on transfers 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Fylde normally play in white shirts at home but today they wore yellow without any numbers on them. I have been told that the only kit Rovers could get from Macron was the white one so there were frantic phone calls between the clubs yesterday with Fylde generously offering to play in yellow but couldn't get numbers on in time.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

but no Armstrong, Dolan, Gallagher, Pears or Ayala, as well as Johnson limping off, so half a dozen that went to Scotland are already not right.

Have you seen the videos I posted in the pre season thread in the training camp? Both featured heavily in the clips. 

Haven't Dolan and Gallagher pick up slight knocks in the training camp? 

Surely it's right not to take a risk in the first pre season game? 

We have 4 keepers in the squad. So 2 were always going to miss out? 

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

And so it begins, the whole "support the team" rhetoric. How is the atmosphere according to anyone there?

For what its worth, I dont agree with anyone not attending trying to lecture those who do attend either way. Ive not attended today and would never tell those who have to either give stick or dont. 

Screenshot_20210710-161254_Twitter.jpg

Ahhh, our favourite screen shotter is back with another dose of cowardice. 
Also, is it even true? Swear nobody even said that was their plan, if anyone could link me to a post matching that description, that would be great, as I may well be wrong!

Otherwise, it’s just ‘lies for likes’.

Embarrassing for someone of that vintage, but not surprising in the slightest.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Have you seen the videos I posted in the pre season thread in the training camp? Both featured heavily in the clips. 

I said that precautions are understandable, but just that I found it a little alarming that as many as 6 players were unable to either participate today or indeed in Johnson's case came off early, on the back of the training camp.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

imagine coming into training,looking forward to a new season and seeing your team mates and the first person you meet is tony,with that miserable look on his face,lecturing you about possesion,stats and what you got upto over the summer!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Let’s be honest, Armstrong was never going to be involved today.

Yes, he’s been training, but that’s far more low risk than playing, and a level of fitness is also obviously in the interests of any potential new club.

I expect the likes of Johnson and Ayala to be enjoying the sanctuary of the physio department at regular intervals throughout the season.

Good work, if you can get it.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Fylde normally play in white shirts at home but today they wore yellow without any numbers on them. I have been told that the only kit Rovers could get from Macron was the white one so there were frantic phone calls between the clubs yesterday with Fylde generously offering to play in yellow but couldn't get numbers on in time.

What an absolute embarrassment 

59 minutes ago, rigger said:

No I tried my best from Area C in the main stand. But Mowbray basically sat down most of the game, except to get up and clap for the young lad who died.  Mowbray has thicker skin than a lot of people think. Never Assume it will make an Ass of U +me. Did you go today?

No, but you said you'd be giving him pelters.

I called it right.👏👏

2 hours ago, matt83 said:

No Mowbray out chants yet. Slightly disappointing. I still think the next death spiral will be his last. It never really got going but I did like someone’s effort of “tell me lies, tell me lies, tell me Steve waggott lies.” To Fleetwood Mac song.

It did get going. Was a great laugh!

Younger lot in the centre had a great laugh with some of the slightly older lot on the left with a lot of humorous back-and-forths. Really fun atmosphere. Game was terrible, both teams just looked tired. That’s pre-season I suppose. But fans return made up for it.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I think he'll be wrapping them in cotton wool pre season. Understandably.

You just know though that a month or so into the season we'll be on the wrong end of several key players injured again.  The excuses will fly even thicker and faster than before.

As for Mowbray unless he performs a few miracles he's pretty much on a hiding to nothing this season. 

He's made his own bed though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Sorry, missed all this, what were you going to do?

You went specifically to shout as much abuse at the man as you could?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I said that precautions are understandable, but just that I found it a little alarming that as many as 6 players were unable to either participate today or indeed in Johnson's case came off early, on the back of the training camp.

One of Pears, Eastham and Stergiakis were going to miss out. 

Was Johnson's injury more of a game injury and do we know what he came off with? 

But why take a risk with any players who might have a slight injury problem in the first friendly game?

2 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Of all Mowbrays sins from last year, the biggest damnation was not finding any time for the youngsters in the four dead rubber games at the end of last year. McBride should have been played in every game. Just a disgraceful pursuit of self preservation. 

Indeed.

For a club now set on putting so much into relying on youth that was quite pathetic. No surprise whatsoever though as arse covering was in full flow by then.

• Like 2

What a moron Mowbray is:  we didn’t play our senior players because they weren’t fir enough.  Bloody hell, you Mowbray, organised a pre season friendly and then can’t get players fit enough for that game.

Another bloody excuse, we the fans are being taken for a ride and taken for granted.   This man and the management team around him are absolutely the worst  that could be imagined.

Time for the lot of them to go, and tomorrow would be just about early enough.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

No, but you said you'd be giving him pelters.

I called it right.👏👏

I think I did, it just fell on deaf ears. Well at least I got a little bit of satisfaction out of it. The Fylde fans around me, thought I was a bit weird, and I got plenty of social distancing. If in your world you believe you called it right, dream on .