BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

8 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Okay fine, don’t agree, but I was only trying to save you time in the queue….

No I don't agree with any of these measures being taken at all. It's BS. 

The GP Ticketapp should be enough prove needed of my vaccination status but it appears not. 

So did a trial run this morning and downloaded the NHS covid pass. No different to the GP ticket and in fact as less info on and no picture of myself. 

GP ticket seems to have disappeared altogether, NHS Covid pass up and running again. Presumably venues will need to have code reader to permit entry, including football grounds. Alternatively, use proof of a negative flo test, though these kits aren’t given out like confetti any longer so might run out!

• Moderation Lead
21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The GP Ticketapp should be enough prove needed of my vaccination status but it appears not. 

So did a trial run this morning and downloaded the NHS covid pass. No different to the GP ticket and in fact as less info on and no picture of myself. 

Right, it probably should be enough, but it isn’t, so I’ve told you what will be enough.

Glad we are in agreement.

• Like 2

The MyGP app may very well be better, easier to use, with more information. I don't know, I've never used it. 

But it's all irrelevant as it's not the app to use for your vaccination pass - you need the official NHS app or get yourself a paper version. Or ake an LFT if you're not vaccinated. Or better still get vaccinated now.

• Like 2

When Ive been travelling I’ve just downloaded the pass as a PDF to my phone from the NHS and then I can access it quickly and easily without going through the app. 

Chaddy - if they do it properly they will need to scan the QR code. See how Scotland works here.

Edited by Hasta

• Backroom
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Vaccination status isn't proof you don't have Covid-19.

Fyi (for everyone), to save the NHS app crashing for your pass, take a screenshot of it 👍

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 1

I was at Hearts last week where you need the covid passport to get in.  There was a queue but it literally took an extra 5 minutes to get in as everyone showed their pass to the stewards before going through the turnstile.  Wasn’t a big deal at all, and that was with a much bigger crowd than Rovers would usually get for a home game.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, McClarky said:

I was at Hearts last week where you need the covid passport to get in.  There was a queue but it literally took an extra 5 minutes to get in as everyone showed their pass to the stewards before going through the turnstile.  Wasn’t a big deal at all, and that was with a much bigger crowd than Rovers would usually get for a home game.  

Presumably that wasn't the first Hearts game with passes needed though? I can imagine that fans will fairly quickly get used to the extra procedure but that for the first game it could be very challenging, especially if there are a significant number who don't have the right paperwork.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, only2garners said:

The MyGP app may very well be better, easier to use, with more information. I don't know, I've never used it. 

Or ake an LFT if you're not vaccinated. Or better still get vaccinated now.

Well maybe its time your local GP surgery started using it given the practicalities and the ability to book appointments, order prescriptions check your medical records, etc

If people aren't vaccinated and don't want to be thats their personal choice and I ain't going to lecture people what to do

3 hours ago, Hasta said:

When Ive been travelling I’ve just downloaded the pass as a PDF to my phone from the NHS and then I can access it quickly and easily without going through the app. 

Thats what I did this morning when I did a trial run ready for next week home game

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Vaccination status isn't proof you don't have Covid-19.

Well Mike or your info I don't have Covid-19 and I would say I am very unlikely to catch it at the minute

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well maybe its time your local GP surgery started using it given the practicalities and the ability to book appointments, order prescriptions check your medical records, etc

I honestly don't know whether my practice uses the app or not. But I don't have any problems contacting them, seeing them if I need to, getting repeat prescriptions etc.

12 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I honestly don't know whether my practice uses the app or not. But I don't have any problems contacting them, seeing them if I need to, getting repeat prescriptions etc.

I don't have any problem but using an app to do basic stuff allow their staff to focus on other more important tasks

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't have any problem but using an app to do basic stuff allow their staff to focus on other more important tasks

The staff still have to act on whatever you do on the app - it doesn't write and sign prescriptions for them.

4 minutes ago, only2garners said:

The staff still have to act on whatever you do on the app - it doesn't write and sign prescriptions for them.

Its all done electronic by the Doctors so only need minimum staff on these issues allow staff to focus on other tasks than answering the phone to patients ordering prescriptions. After the prescription is issued is sent straight to the Pharmacy who then process the order and in my case deliver it for me. 

Edited by chaddyrovers