BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bumley in purgatory

32 minutes ago, 47er said:

And now want you to pay the rest. The word for it is racketeering! 

On a smaller scale the same happened at Bolton. the had a trip to the fourth tier on the back of their sale to a questionable individual, that of course the powers that deemed to be fit and proper.

Some people may feel the deserved it, but put all rivalries aside, even our friends down the M65 when thinking of this, as it is a total disgrace.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

It’s a difficult one with Burnley, I’ve a lot of mates that support them and some of their fans are absolutely obsessed with us and were quick to dance on our grave and enjoy every second of our demise, so, for me, those fans can go fornicate themselves.

With that being said, I wouldn’t want fans of any football club to suffer fundamentally, as we are all football fans, we just follow different teams.

Agree. Its not about Burnley, they just happen to be the latest victims. There'll be more.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

It’s a difficult one with Burnley, I’ve a lot of mates that support them and some of their fans are absolutely obsessed with us and were quick to dance on our grave and enjoy every second of our demise, so, for me, those fans can go fornicate themselves.

With that being said, I wouldn’t want fans of any football club to suffer fundamentally, as we are all football fans, we just follow different teams.

After 1987 when every Rovers fan was praying and ready to dance on their grave hoping that Burnley would not beat Leyton Orient and slip out of the football league and  probably never  recover you really cant blame them K-Hod!

Chuck in the 'staying down forever banner ' in 1991 ..we ll never ever get any sympathy for our predicament off Burnley fans...they simply despise us!

What goes around ..comes around ..

3 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

After 1987 when every Rovers fan was praying and ready to dance on their grave hoping that Burnley would not beat Leyton Orient and slip out of the football league and  probably never  recover you really cant blame them K-Hod!

Chuck in the 'staying down forever banner ' in 1991 ..we ll never ever get any sympathy for our predicament off Burnley fans...they simply despise us!

As it goes I often, through gritted teeth, pointed down the M65 as the model for how we needed to run our club in the days pre venky's. We found our own way of doing it and did it well but ultimately the Premier League riches turned the heads of our "owners who are fans" and they took the money.

Whilst I of course have enjoyed some of your troubles under Venky's and the associated hangers on - as pointed out '87, '91 etc and a scary chase on my BMX from some Rovers fans in '82, I was on my BMX not the Rovers fans - I would never want you to go bump. Like it or not the local rivalries are a large part of why we bother so I want you to continue, just at least one division below us for another few decades.

I guess the simple reality now for us (Burnley) is we will survive as long as we can stay in the PL, perhaps a single season in the Championship. For all you trilas under Venky's they continue it seems to be happy to keep you afloat with no expectation of getting their cash back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HowieFive0 said:

I didn’t want them to go out of the league. Where’s the fun in that ?

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

@longsiders1882, what do you think of the start to the season? on Dyche, has any changes been made since the take over happen? have the new owners change any boardroom staff around?

Well in terms of the season, poor start but we’ve added a couple of players and Dyche you’d imagine will slowly turn it around - no guarantee of course but he’s our best shot.

The changes are happening around the club. It’s all becoming more ‘corporate’. Yes this means better organised but with each step forward it feels like a little of the soul is lost. They have and continue to change staff and bring in new processes and procedures to make us a modern company. Trouble is that makes me feel like a customer rather than a part of the club. I know it is just the modern world and I’m just an old b*****d railing against the dying of the light but even my youngest son (19) is getting a little disillusioned by it all.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Well in terms of the season, poor start but we’ve added a couple of players and Dyche you’d imagine will slowly turn it around - no guarantee of course but he’s our best shot.

The changes are happening around the club. It’s all becoming more ‘corporate’. Yes this means better organised but with each step forward it feels like a little of the soul is lost. They have and continue to change staff and bring in new processes and procedures to make us a modern company. Trouble is that makes me feel like a customer rather than a part of the club. I know it is just the modern world and I’m just an old b*****d railing against the dying of the light but even my youngest son (19) is getting a little disillusioned by it all.

Football isn’t what it was. Too much possession based nothingness.  If they put the goals at the sides of the pitch instead of at either end it would be more exciting.

• Like 5

On 24/09/2021 at 10:29, longsiders1882 said:

Someone mentioned different rules for us plebs - outside of Burnley noone will care over much if the carcass is discarded once the money men have had their feed - just as they didn't with Bury, Bolton and all the rest. Don't worry I don't expect sympathy on here but football in this country was built upon the foundation of lots of "town" teams and the money from the pockets of hard working families. Our pyramid and its strength in depth is what made our football, for me, the most exciting to watch. Maybe not the technical best but usually the most enthralling. It's all a bit stale now for me. I'm actually contemplating giving up the season ticket and taking in more non league games at Nelson or Colne with just the odd game at the turf or even away from home.

Sad when you consider the amount of effort given to clubs by previous owners/executives to gain some success.

The real problems start when the current management/executives decide they've had enough or in our case get sacked and the vultures circle. Agents, businessmen looking for a easy £££'s, tv pundits, crap old players looking for a last payday. It's been an absolute nightmare for Rovers. They can smell decline from their ivory towers.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, booth said:

Sadly they are playing bottom of the league Norwich next. A good chance to kickstart their season.

Marks the start of a big month for the Dingles. Four league games, three of which are against Norwich, Southampton and Brentford. They haven't been cut adrift so far, but if they don't get start picking up points now then they soon will be. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/09/2021 at 21:29, longsiders1882 said:

How does this sit with you?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58799369

On the surface it appears to be a bit of a non story, an attempt to tidy up or "be fair" however I think if they we able to purchase these shares that would take them to over 90%. I have a dim memory of a change in rights if/when you get above 90% - like you can force any remaining shareholders to sell etc but I'm no expert. I don't own any shares but the idea of a cash and store credit offer wouldn't appeal to me - feels like trying to get them on the cheap.

They currently have around 84% so in terms of control and direction it probably doesn't make much difference as far as I could imagine but I'm no expert in company law and I don't know what the companies articles etc might say that might make this more significant than it initially appears.

Edited by longsiders1882
  • Like 1

tbh i hope they don't go down! unless it's us replacing them!! Purely because I want to see as many lancashire town teams especially (but also northern clubs in general) up there as possible, aside from the Liverpool and manchester clubs there's non, such a contrast to how it was 15/20 years ago when northern teamsmade up around half the Premier league

On 24/09/2021 at 14:53, Sparks Rover said:

Was it like the BMX chase on ET? 

😁

Sorry I missed this post. Sadly it was much less entertaining. At the time they seemed like huge angry aggresive men who planned to beat up a kid but looking back they were just slightly pissed lads having a bit of a laugh - seeing me pedal away furiously close to pooing my pants was undoubtedly very funny - I'm sure the win was more enjoyable though 😡

• Like 3