BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bumley in purgatory

So they’re stuck. Strong enough to hold on, but too weak to climb, playing largely just for investment capitalists to protect their money. This isn’t what football should be and it is hard to believe Sean Dyche thinks it is either. But this is where we are, where he is, for four more long years. Surely it fills no-one with joy.

• Like 2

I went on the dingle site just to see what their feelings were regarding “ Fever Pitch “, the history of the early days of the Premier League. Guess what - this excellent programme doesn’t even get one mention. As far as the dingles are concerned it doesn’t exist. There’s plenty of chat about tonight’s “ Panorama “ programme about young players but “ Fever Pitch “ ? Not a flicker.

Rovers winning the big one must still rankle over there.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

The logic in regards to them is they'll fall away the min he walks out the door but the miserable ginger twohat doesn't really belong anywhere else. I'd probably much rather see them finally fade away with him at the helm boring and kicking their way out the Prem.

I know they are a division above but god it must be boring being a Burnley fan, people don't even buy into the small club punching above its weight line with them. 

Do they still take ten thousand to every away game and still need to terrace Pendle Hill ?

• Like 2

Thats sort of where we were with Sam.

Survival first football. But not fun.

Our new owners opted for entertaining football, Kean & Ronaldinho.

It's an example in the textbook of how to fuck up your club.

Also no coincidence they said the same about Sam never getting a crack at top jobs.

When it came he fucked that up.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I went on the dingle site just to see what their feelings were regarding “ Fever Pitch “, the history of the early days of the Premier League. Guess what - this excellent programme doesn’t even get one mention. As far as the dingles are concerned it doesn’t exist. There’s plenty of chat about tonight’s “ Panorama “ programme about young players but “ Fever Pitch “ ? Not a flicker.

Rovers winning the big one must still rankle over there.

Which forum Tyrone?

Definitely on their main forum UTC Tyrone ,has its own thread but way down the topic board. Although some posts do come with a Health  Warning that the second episode contains footage of those bastids down the M65...so avoid !

Fever Pitch... The Rise of the Premier League - (uptheclarets.com)   Page 7

Another topic that caught my eye was reluctance of clubs reluctant to  announcing gate attendances in the PL. Under instruction from Sky maybe as football attendances seem to be falling ?

Edited by HowieFive0

4 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

Which forum Tyrone?

Definitely on their main forum UTC Tyrone ,has its own thread but way down the topic board. Although some posts do come with a Health  Warning that the second episode contains footage of those bastids down the M65...so avoid !

Fever Pitch... The Rise of the Premier League - (uptheclarets.com)   Page 7

Another topic that caught my eye was reluctance of clubs reluctant to  announcing gate attendances in the PL. Under instruction from Sky maybe as football attendances seem to be falling ?

I went on one called “ The Bee Hole End “. Last night there wasn’t a mention of the series and we’re on episode 3.

14 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

So they’re stuck. Strong enough to hold on, but too weak to climb, playing largely just for investment capitalists to protect their money. This isn’t what football should be and it is hard to believe Sean Dyche thinks it is either. But this is where we are, where he is, for four more long years. Surely it fills no-one with joy.

I am Surprised Dyche signed a new contract this season but guess he knows he won't get a better job or club. Thought Palace might have come in for him but didn't. 

Will be interesting season this them cos I think they one of 3 poorest teams in the league this season 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am Surprised Dyche signed a new contract this season but guess he knows he won't get a better job or club. Thought Palace might have come in for him but didn't. 

Will be interesting season this them cos I think they one of 3 poorest teams in the league this season 

Quite. In a previous era he would have been long gone to Everton, Palace or Villa etc.

He's probably got a get-out clause anyway....

5 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Quite. In a previous era he would have been long gone to Everton, Palace or Villa etc.

He's probably got a get-out clause anyway....

I think he quit next summer anyway  and take some time out. I don't see another PL club wanting him so which clubs would be interested in here? Maybe replace Warnock at Boro? 

47 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Would swap places with Burnley in a heartbeat...financially stable,owners who are pro-active with the fans and a Manager who appears to get the best out of a limited side.

Never thought I'd ever say that.

Think Burnley are a car crash waiting to happen following their takeover tbh SG.

That's not to say I'm happy with our current situation either though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Would swap places with Burnley in a heartbeat...financially stable,owners who are pro-active with the fans and a Manager who appears to get the best out of a limited side.

Never thought I'd ever say that.

Their owners borrowed money against the club and the PL TV money. What happens when they go down? 

Own debt is owed by Venkys

• Like 2

It's only a matter of time before they go down. Probably this season or next. You just know that before long the fans will turn on Dyche, and once and for all they will kill the goose that laid the golden egg. 

Never again will they get so effective an operator, and never again at any other club will he achieve this level of success.

Parting company will be disastrous for both parties, but all too soon the die will be cast and the slow motion train wreck of a journey towards the Championship, with a poorer manager, will commence.

burnleys current problems are all of dyches doing imo,they hav`nt moved on from the safety first,hard to beat side that he got promoted,they still play the same way,eventually it will grind you down and the opposition will find you out,we managed to survive 10 seasons in the premier league because we had bright managers,souness,hughes and big sam who refreshed the side ever year,santa cruz,mccarthy,nzonzi,samba,givet etc  were all excellent additions who gave the side extra dimensions,we`de most likely still be in it if venkys had`nt shown their faces,i don`t think dyche has been very good in the transfer market,he`s bought players that don`t give you anything different,hence,they`ll probably go down this year

16 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

burnleys current problems are all of dyches doing imo,they hav`nt moved on from the safety first,hard to beat side that he got promoted,they still play the same way,eventually it will grind you down and the opposition will find you out,we managed to survive 10 seasons in the premier league because we had bright managers,souness,hughes and big sam who refreshed the side ever year,santa cruz,mccarthy,nzonzi,samba,givet etc  were all excellent additions who gave the side extra dimensions,we`de most likely still be in it if venkys had`nt shown their faces,i don`t think dyche has been very good in the transfer market,he`s bought players that don`t give you anything different,hence,they`ll probably go down this year

Hope your right 👍 but I think SD is a bit hamstrung, Give him a bigger budget/challenge? Who knows? Think he's a good tactiction. Burnley twat! To renew my allegiance 🙄

From the article:-

Playing different teams in a different league with the chance of winning a lot of games and aiming for something other than 17th position, surely sounds far superior to the current situation

This only makes sense if you are going to be challenging for promotion. If you're not then it could be the same kind of season except your losses are against Luton and Millwall instead of Liverpool and Man City.

Last year we lost 41% of the games we played in the Championship.

Burnley lost 39% of the games they played in the Premier League.

• Like 1