BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

30 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I have no idea, I would scour Europe to which I can not claim to have a full picture and not remotely consider whether a candidate has a status from being an Everton player.

They have scour Europe time after time for managers and look at what they achieved, not very much. IMO, they need to take a step back and have a serious look at the recruitment, scouting and who is the manager is. For me, They need someone who knows the club and PL, will ignite the fans passion for the club again. for me, Only Wayne Rooney or Frank Lampard or Duncan Ferguson as next manager/head coach. Plus appointed a good director of football like Dan Ashworth or Michael Emanalo in that role. 

But the clubs need to sorted of the buying of players cos they have made so many poor signings is pathetic

Ferguson long-term would surely be a disaster, if they had him as caretaker until the end of the season then I’m sure he’d do just about okay and like last time after Silva left he’d probably get an instant reaction and pick up some results, as many caretakers do, through being a different voice if nothing else.

Long-term though I just don’t see him as managerial material and, while I’m sure cliches such as ‘he knows the club’ and ‘he just gets it’ would get wheeled out, let’s not forget he’s been on the coaching staff and part of the last few coaching set ups that have mainly failed or at least underperformed.

• Like 3

I'm suprised Hughes never gets a mention for the Everton job, I think hed be a pretty perfect fit, Very Similar managerial style to Moyes, plus he had a little spell with them as a player before signing for us. 

Duncan Ferguson even as caretaker would be terrible. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I'm suprised Hughes never gets a mention for the Everton job, I think hed be a pretty perfect fit, Very Similar managerial style to Moyes, plus he had a little spell with them as a player before signing for us. 

Hughes is getting into Curbishley territory of being out of the game too long to be considered anymore. It's been, what, roughly three and a bit years now since he last managed? 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DE. said:

Hughes is getting into Curbishley territory of being out of the game too long to be considered anymore. It's been, what, roughly three and a bit years now since he last managed? 

Yes, getting that way... Just depends what he's been doing with his time off! Ie. Has he been keeping up with latest training methods ect.. By visiting clubs and observing or has he just been on the golf course. Whenever I've seen him in interview the past year he has still seemed passionate and hungry for the game, I also think it's largely down to who he gets as has his number 2 if he gets a new gig because I think maybe his partnership with Mark Bowen isn't as fruitful as it once was

10 hours ago, DE. said:

He's saving himself for the summer and a Rovers return 😎👍

48 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Appointing Rooney will just carry on the pain, he'll take them down.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Appointing Rooney will just carry on the pain, he'll take them down.

No chance. Just look at the job he done at Derby in shocking circumstances 

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Getting someone in who "really understands the club" is a fairly meaningless platitude often trotted out when championing an ex player for a job.

Like at any club, the best way to please the fans is with wins. 

And who to say a former player who gets wins? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No chance. Just look at the job he done at Derby in shocking circumstances 

And who to say a former player who gets wins? 

That has been my point all along. Why would a former playing status have any relevance.

If a sole rationale for appointing Rooney was his managerial record, kudos to doing well in beyond difficult circumstances and then you are having a genuine debate on his managerial merits, for me its a small sample size from a unique situation and Everton could find better credentials if they searched Europe. But all the stuff about who Rooney is, who he played for, "understanding" the club, invoking passion, boosting the fans etc? Meaningless bollocks.

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

That has been my point all along. Why would a former playing status have any relevance.

If a sole rationale for appointing Rooney was his managerial record, kudos to doing well in beyond difficult circumstances and then you are having a genuine debate on his managerial merits, for me its a small sample size from a unique situation and Everton could find better credentials if they searched Europe. But all the stuff about who Rooney is, who he played for, "understanding" the club, invoking passion, boosting the fans etc? Meaningless bollocks.

Lampard got Derby to a playoff final then got his dream job at a club where he was a legend. He lasted how long before being cast aside for a genuine top notch manager in Tuchel? 18 months?  

Rooney has nothing to lose at Derby. He's playing with house money, thus less pressure. If they get relegated it's because of the point deductions. Stay up and he's a hero.

Adding 21 points to Derby's current total would have them sitting in 11th on 35 points. Hardly Alex Fergusonesque.

If you ask me Everton appointing Rooney would be a mistake, yet football owners are very good at going with sentiment rather than quality.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Lampard got Derby to a playoff final then got his dream job at a club where he was a legend. He lasted how long before being cast aside for a genuine top notch manager in Tuchel? 18 months?  

Rooney has nothing to lose at Derby. He's playing with house money, thus less pressure. If they get relegated it's because of the point deductions. Stay up and he's a hero.

Adding 21 points to Derby's current total would have them sitting in 11th on 35 points. Hardly Alex Fergusonesque.

If you ask me Everton appointing Rooney would be a mistake, yet football owners are very good at going with sentiment rather than quality.

I think Rooney or Lampard would be right appointment. They are appointed managers from Europe and gone nowhere

If his name wasn't Rooney, he would not be in the frame. Done a decent job this season but good enough to manage an established PL that just potted an established and successful manager in Benitez that has won 13 major trophies? What has Rooney done?

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

In time, when Rooney has more experience under his belt and things are a bit smoother down at Goodison then yeah, could be a good appointment.

But now, it’s far too much of a risk and they can’t afford to take risks right now!