BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Brentford were outstanding yesterday. Watched the full game on Sky last night. 

Looks more and more likely Burnley, Watford and Norwich are going down this season to the championship

Them 3 do seem destined for the drop but then again, Everton are trying theor best to go down. Frank Lampard is the "perfect fit," do you still stand by that nonsense?! And what is the Dele Alli signing about?

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Them 3 do seem destined for the drop but then again, Everton are trying theor best to go down. Frank Lampard is the "perfect fit," do you still stand by that nonsense?! And what is the Dele Alli signing about?

I do stand by that Comment and I think Everton will need a massive clear out this summer and let Lampard build his own squad. Plus I think he will proved his worth over the coming seasons. 

I'm not surprised by the form of Everton and this is problem similar to Manchester United where the squad has far too many egos and need a clear out. 

Could they have got better appointment cos if you do then I look forward to hearing a few names from you? Would Vitor Pereira done better? Not convinced at all he would have done. 

Ali signing about? 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I do stand by that Comment and I think Everton will need a massive clear out this summer and let Lampard build his own squad. Plus I think he will proved his worth over the coming seasons. 

I'm not surprised by the form of Everton and this is problem similar to Manchester United where the squad has far too many egos and need a clear out. 

Could they have got better appointment cos if you do then I look forward to hearing a few names from you? Would Vitor Pereira done better? Not convinced at all he would have done. 

Ali signing about? 

I have no idea who Vitor Pereira is. I also don't have a list of potential managerial appointments. All I know is that Lampard wouldn't have got that job if he didn't have his playing reputation, the two jobs he has previously done are average to be generous. He has done a shit job so far and they seem to have got worse under him.

Yes, he made a big fuss about signing Ali and never plays him. Shocking signing. Also, you talk about egos, he added another big one who seemingly is not considered for selection.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I have no idea who Vitor Pereira is. I also don't have a list of potential managerial appointments. All I know is that Lampard wouldn't have got that job if he didn't have his playing reputation, the two jobs he has previously done are average to be generous

Pereria was the man they were going to appoint before the backlash from Bill Kenwright and The fans. Average in previous job. really? Did a very good job at Chelsea under the transfer embargo and brought through players like Reece James, Mason Mount into being key players for the club. 

You are looking at the Lampard amd Everton situation with a very biased view cos you dislike Lampard for some reason. 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Yes, he made a big fuss about signing Ali and never plays him. Shocking signing. Also, you talk about egos, he added another big one who seemingly is not considered for selection.

Give him time blimey. Time to judge Ali is next season. He is lacking proper fitness and isn't the same player from a couple of seasons ago. Need a proper pre season and hopefully we see a player back to best and playing for England 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pereria was the man they were going to appoint before the backlash from Bill Kenwright and The fans. Average in previous job. really? Did a very good job at Chelsea under the transfer embargo and brought through players like Reece James, Mason Mount into being key players for the club. 

You are looking at the Lampard amd Everton situation with a very biased view cos you dislike Lampard for some reason. 

Give him time blimey. Time to judge Ali is next season. He is lacking proper fitness and isn't the same player from a couple of seasons ago. Need a proper pre season and hopefully we see a player back to best and playing for England 

Utter rubbish. I can honestly say that I dont have a strong personal opinion of Lampard either way. I just think quite justifiably that his managerial CV is below average, that the signing of Ali has been crap, that Everton have got worse since his appointment and that he wouldnt have got the job had he not enjoyed the playing career that he did.

Just watching Sky Sports today, is the host called Dave Jones? His presenting has been shocking, David Ginola has been on and he has at times made some very valid points, for example saying that Newcastle need their own identity. Jones just laughed, compared it to the entertainers and dismissed "ripping up the whole team" to the point that Ginola looked like he wanted to hit him. Not conducive to good debate. Defoe offers nothing as a pundit either.

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Just watching Sky Sports today, is the host called Dave Jones? His presenting has been shocking, David Ginola has been on and he has at times made some very valid points, for example saying that Newcastle need their own identity. Jones just laughed, compared it to the entertainers and dismissed "ripping up the whole team" to the point that Ginola looked like he wanted to hit him. Not conducive to good debate. Defoe offers nothing as a pundit either.

Yeah, I've just seen a clip of it. I thought it was very unprofessional of Dave Jones as Ginola was trying to make a serious point. The way he laughed at him was how any of us would laugh at a mate who said something silly. Ginola wasn't impressed at all and rightly so.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Utter rubbish. I can honestly say that I dont have a strong personal opinion of Lampard either way. I just think quite justifiably that his managerial CV is below average, that the signing of Ali has been crap, that Everton have got worse since his appointment and that he wouldnt have got the job had he not enjoyed the playing career that he did.

You are far too judgemental and so quick to judge. 

Below average? you are massive downplaying his 18 months at Chelsea where for most of that They were in Transfer embargo. They finish in the top 4 so that was good achievement while bringing through players like Mount and James into becoming key Chelsea players

Ali has only been for 2 months and was short of fitness before he join, so why be judgemental on it. Tell to judge is not season. 

You keep saying that he wouldn't have got the job had he not enjoyed the playing career that he did but you can't come up with any alternative name who they should have appointed or seem to forget that The Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright wanted him as well as the fans wanted him

I watched the West Ham V Everton game yesterday and I have to say even a poor Everton side looks light years ahead of anything I've seen this season in Championship. The speed of the passing, the fitness levels, just streets ahead of this division in my opinion. 

If we managed to scrape up through the playoffs we'd need a complete overhaul of this side and we all know Venkys would never fund such an adventure.....

The best we could hope for is they take the sky money and run.

Edited by Gav

Man U continue to drift along aimlessly. Only the ref changing his mind (correctly, if you ask me) after looking at VAR saved them from another loss. 

I watched a bit of West Ham-Everton. In some ways Everton were unlucky. They played pretty well and could have been up at half time. 

However, an awful pass from Iwobi led to a Wet Ham goal, and a stupid tackle by Keane leading to his second booking cost them.

I still think that they will stay up, and I still think that Lampard is the wrong man for the job. 

29 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Everton will win comfortably on Wednesday. We have no fight in us and we can’t score. IMO the current bottom 3 will go down baring divine intervention.

If there is "Devine Intervention", Then Burnley will definately be relegated.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Everton will win comfortably on Wednesday. We have no fight in us and we can’t score. IMO the current bottom 3 will go down baring divine intervention.

if you can`t outbattle everton then you might as well turn it in,there is simply no fight in them,i thought burnley were renown for their combative qualities,especially at turd moor

Vieira's doing a good job at Palace. He's quietly putting a good side together. They deservedly beat Arsenal tonight and held City recently too. It's becoming a tough place to go, Selhurst Park. Can't help but look at some of these sides troubling the big guns and think "that used to be us".

Most refreshing part of the night as a neutral was the following from Arteta post match:

"We were poor, especially in the first half. I apologise to our supporters. We didn't have the presence today or the composure to dominate the situation so that is what I'm most annoyed with".

If Arteta is man enough to hold his hands up, and Klopp and Pep have done it in the past too, why the frigging heck is it too much for Mr Honest to do the same?

• Like 8

A really strange decision to appoint a manager, who's teams concede a lot goals, when you're trying to avoid relegation.

And, here they are, needing 3 goals at least to win against a relegation rival in what has to be classed as a must win.

They've got goals in them, so could easily get another 1 or 2 and win but damn this is a risky appointment.