BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

The problem is the salary cap. Once it's in place you can't break it for one player, especially for a full back(regardless of how you rate him!)  because if you do then you'll have the agent of every senior player at the club demanding a pay raise the next day. 

But! the way I see it.... When the salary cap was put in place I don't believe anybody at the club thought we'd be looking at much more than a top half finish this season, So now the club needs to have a rethink and really should raise the cap by a few grand for regular 1st team players since we have a very good possibility of promotion(and the riches that brings) 

I'm quietly confident things will work out right, it's just as always with our owners nothing ever happens or changes with any sense of urgency, but if things can be sorted out in the next week thatvwould be greatvfor moral and hopefully we can hit the ground running again at our nect league game. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Pears not as much to blame on that one. But after the game he's had, half inclined to blame him anyway.

Commentator seems clueless to the fact that was clearly a cross that fluked in.

Did you go Bruce, we were right behind the goal. The first goal the defence/midfield should have closed him down BUT, Pears should have got a hand to it ash it went through his hands. The second was schoolboy goalkeeping. The third he was off his line and not in the centre. It was floated rather than hit with pace, any competent goalie would save it, pushing it over the bar. All the supporters around us were of one mind on Pears. 
If Mowbray wanted to rest Kiminski then Eastham would have been a better selection. The lad is out of his depth, he rode on the back of his father getting him into Middlesbrough, and his father’s mate scouting him and buying him for us!!! 

37 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Browne, Travis, Buckley, Magaloire, christ even TM could have done a better job. Feel for the lad.

Travis hasn't played there for years. Plus who replaces him in centre midfield? Johnson? Davenport couldn't due to coronavirus..

Magloire was shocking there last time. 

Could have moved Buckley there but he is playing there why move him. 

Browne isn't ready yet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

There's some morons on here that literally slag off Nyambe for his forward play. There's two sides to a wing back and the dude puts in a hell of a lot of work. As you can see, a typical winger/forward gets completely owned and taken out of the game (at league 1 level). it's not just about attacking prowess, you have to know how to defend - first and foremost!

All you Nyambe haters, hope you get what you wish for - a WB that destabilizes our defence. 

Fucking hell mate it’s Nyambe not Maldini. Everyone is replaceable and if Nyambe is sold/let go, watch who he ends up going to. He’s really not as good as you make out.

A year ago, U23 right back, Dan Pike was training with the first team and being talked up by Mowbray:  “I like Dan Pike, he’s an earthy footballer, a throwback full back who likes to tackle his winger. He likes to run up the pitch, he passes the ball forward and he’s hard to play against. He is someone I like. The bottom line is ‘when do you throw them in and expose them?"

Now, he's so desperate (or, perhaps the club are) to get away from the club that he didn't wait for the Jan transfer window to look for loan options, and instead, back in December, he headed out to National League North club AFC Fylde. one level below the conference league, for a another month - I think, until mid Jan or so.

In my estimation, the club have failed to plan for the RB/RWB spot, knowing that Nyambe was probably leaving and JRC rarely fit. Pike never looked impressive for me, albeit, in the very brief times I saw him play, being, seemingly, somewhat short on pace and not great on the ball and a back-up has long been needed. (That said, full backs have had good careers without both and Pike has time to develop). It looks like it's being rectified in this window but it's a bit late. 

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Travis hasn't played there for years. Plus who replaces him in centre midfield? Johnson? Davenport couldn't due to coronavirus..

Browne isn't ready yet

Sorry Chaddy that reads like our saying Dolan was the best choice there?

Saturday night smoke per chance?

• Like 4

Obviously some serious concerns regarding our fringe players after today. 

No way can we rely on Pears as No2. He's utterly dreadful and is just an accident waiting to happen. Like Jason Steele and Walton before him, you'll always be on edge when the ball is near our 18 yard box as you know a mistake is on the cards.

Right back is looking like a problem without Nyambe, Gallagher is still useless as a wide forward, Edun doesn't seem much cop at left back, Johnson isn't a centre half.

Not much we can do in January to address all these but reinforces that we need some better players for the squad.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Fucking hell mate it’s Nyambe not Maldini. Everyone is replaceable and if Nyambe is sold/let go, watch who he ends up going to. He’s really not as good as you make out.

He really is and imo if we don't see sense, and he is allowed to leave he'll go to a Club higher up in the pecking order than us.

Out of the 3 I'd be most tempted to play poker with Lenihan. Rothwell for me is somewhere in-between the other two, may or may not get a better move if someone is prepared to take a gamble on someone who fades out of the game for long periods in exchange for passages of brilliance.

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Browne isn't ready yet

“Browne isn’t ready yet” - based on your scouting of the Irish league no doubt 

He’s a right back whose played football all his life. He’s more ready to play a 3rd round fa cup tie against Wigan there than Dolan is at right wing back 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He really is and imo if we don't see sense, and he is allowed to leave he'll go to a Club higher up in the pecking order than us.

Out of the 3 I'd be most tempted to play poker with Lenihan. Rothwell for me is somewhere in-between the other two, may or may not get a better move if someone is prepared to take a gamble on someone who fades out of the game for long periods in exchange for passages of brilliance.

For Me, Lenihan and Rothwell are the priority not Nyambe 

3 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Are you defending it also? Or Chaddy?

Just asking the question.

A few seem to be slating the Dolan at Wb decision,  but also not offering there alternative , given the squad/ situation. 

At the end of the day it was a patchwork team with the League in mind / options available. 

If Pears didn't hopefully have the his worst day of his career,  it would have been a win and the questions over Dolan etc wouldn't be as prominent.

To be honest I'm glad we are out , full focus on the league and getting up 👍

• Like 1