BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I’m basing mine on how horrific he was when called upon last season, as well as Saturdays debacle. In the previous games this season there were some worrying moments caused by his poor positioning. Fortunately he was very well protected by our superb first choice back 5.

I said as much after those clean sheets and got pelters. He had little to do, and thank god for that. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Did he get a chance and who (Mowbray or Benson or both) made the call he wasn't for us?

What bits I saw of Fisher at Rovers as he worked his way through the ranks made me think the lad had a chance.  Thought he had the attributes needed - was calm, brave, decisive and agile.  Borne out by the bits I've seen of him on tv whilst at MKD and he looked pretty useful with the ball at his feet!

Someone like @chaddyrovers must surely be able to find some of his highlights.   

Played in pre-season and looked shaky. Was decent for the U23. Another reason for letting him was go was Eastham who is a better prospect.

There is also the Greek guy who is a bit of a wild card, big Joe Hilton currently at loan in Scotland, Dowling who played Last U23. In addition Goddard for the U18 is supposwd to be promising. 

For me Eastham looks better than Pears, quite similar to Raya as a keeper. However needs a loan to adapt to senior football. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

None of that alters the fact Pears isn't good enough.

What's the Greek lad like? Can't be any worse surely. I remember people getting quite excited when he arrived - a couple for our European scouting network apparently.

Again on the basis of errrrr....... a few You Tube clips

He seems to have dropped off the radar.

For what it's worth I would keep Nyambe no matter what until the end of the season. I have been a massive fan throughout his career. Rock solid. Even going forward I don't think he is as bad as some are saying. I'd put him up there with the best right backs in the league. A top coach could turn him into a top top player. He has all the attributes. 

I would say the same about Rothwell. I haven't seen a player like him in this league. Top player but I know he can underwhelm at times.

Lenihan is having a great season and no one wants to lose their captain but I rate the others higher. 

It's a very strange situation to be in. All 3 massive parts of the team. I'm struggling to think where they would go at this current time. To warm the bench in the PL at best?

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Anyone seen much of Josh Bowler? The goals and assists columns don't scream out "standout Championship star" for a winger.

Looked quality whenever ive seen him. Think was on loan to Hull when i first saw him and he looked good then. Was taken aback when Blackpool managed to sign him..would have been good for us. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

Those clubs will offer him a competitive salary and a 4 year deal. We aren't offering him a competitive salary and probably not close to 4 years.

Quote?

If not, you seem to know exactly how players think? How do you manage that?

I would be gutted if RN leaves but in no way similar to Shearer or Duff. The difference you’ve also ignored is we’re seemingly replaced him before him leaving - isn’t that even worth a mention? Or is it only problems we discuss these days?

To quote a coach (who has an A license and a stunning CV, including working for Rovers) who I know “RN is an animal but technically he is limited, I’m surprised he’s made it this far”

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Funny, but I don’t remember anybody raving about Fisher when he was here, or up in arms when he left. 
Like I say, funny that.

Don’t you? I can remember a few tbf.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JBiz said:

To quote a coach (who has an A license and a stunning CV, including working for Rovers) who I know “RN is an animal but technically he is limited, I’m surprised he’s made it this far”

As RN has only just turned 24, is growing in stature all the time and we are 3rd in the table I'm not surprised you're loathe to name said coach as that would tend to suggest he actually knows the square root of naff all.

I'd be embarrassed by a revelation like that.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, briansol said:

Played in pre-season and looked shaky. Was decent for the U23. Another reason for letting him was go was Eastham who is a better prospect.

There is also the Greek guy who is a bit of a wild card, big Joe Hilton currently at loan in Scotland, Dowling who played Last U23. In addition Goddard for the U18 is supposwd to be promising. 

For me Eastham looks better than Pears, quite similar to Raya as a keeper. However needs a loan to adapt to senior football. 

Anyone know how Hilton is going on? I saw him once and thought he looked to have all the basics.

You look at Pears and he immediately makes you feel nervous notwithstanding when has gone on to have a passable game. He just doesn't fill you with any confidence.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

As RN has only just turned 24, is growing in stature all the time and we are 3rd in the table I'm not surprised you're loathe to name said coach as that would tend to suggest he actually knows the square root of naff all.

I'd be embarrassed by a revelation like that.

As if I’m going to publicly put a name on here of someone who works in football! 

I also agreed with that assertion, to an extent - compared to the Nyambe who initially got into the team, he has improved massively however his technical ability is nowhere near someone like Rothwell or Buckley.

Physically though, he is probably the strongest in the squad, one of the fastest and probably nearly the fittest. Might also explain why he has regular hamstring pulls, because he plays at full throttle.

I would say we missed Pickering just as much at the weekend, but no doubt that would be spun into some “pivot” rather than how much I actually rate both our current fullbacks.

2 hours ago, BigBar said:

For what it's worth I would keep Nyambe no matter what until the end of the season. I have been a massive fan throughout his career. Rock solid. Even going forward I don't think he is as bad as some are saying. I'd put him up there with the best right backs in the league. A top coach could turn him into a top top player. He has all the attributes. 

I would say the same about Rothwell. I haven't seen a player like him in this league. Top player but I know he can underwhelm at times.

Lenihan is having a great season and no one wants to lose their captain but I rate the others higher. 

It's a very strange situation to be in. All 3 massive parts of the team. I'm struggling to think where they would go at this current time. To warm the bench in the PL at best?

I agree with your respective assessments of all three players. If we went up I'd be delighted if all three signed, I don't think we'd do a lot better in our position at that stage.

• Like 1

Pears wont improve by sitting on our bench.If the management genuinly feel that he has something and will develop into a decent keeper then they should be looking for an older steady eddie who will be ok with being number 2.Get Pears a loan move if anyone will have him after that horror show

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Pears wont improve by sitting on our bench.If the management genuinly feel that he has something and will develop into a decent keeper then they should be looking for an older steady eddie who will be ok with being number 2.Get Pears a loan move if anyone will have him after that horror show

declan rudd from preston has seemingly lost his place,he`d be a great understudy,though not sure if he`d come here as a no 2 tbh,frankly,id`e jettison pears,if you can make 3 basic mistakes in one match there is no future for you at this level

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I agree but there doesn't seem many of those about these days that will sit there for less than 10k pwk.

They had mentioned sorting out a loan for Pears before Tommy K got his strain and Pears did ok. Now though i'd suggest would be a really god time for Tony to do the best for his mates boy and farm him out.  His stock won't be too high after Saturday now though so takers with game time on offer might be harder to come by.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

declan rudd from preston has seemingly lost his place,he`d be a great understudy,though not sure if he`d come here as a no 2 tbh,frankly,id`e jettison pears,if you can make 3 basic mistakes in one match there is no future for you at this level

He made more than the three mistakes. There was also a missed punch when Wigan hit the bar.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I agree with your respective assessments of all three players. If we went up I'd be delighted if all three signed, I don't think we'd do a lot better in our position at that stage.

That's it, Nyambe can play PL football if you ask me, he's a beast and can defi step up. Rothwell may not find it as easy to step up but would definitely be useful in the squad.

Lenihan is one I wouldn't be sure of, reminds me of a Ciaran Clark or Grant Hanley. Fine in the champ but wouldn't be confident of them playing PL football at all. Sometimes you just need players good enough to get you out this division and upgrade once you do.

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Would Burke be a player that in your opinion we should buy? Or are you just mirroring and putting a slant on the signings we are rumoured to sign?

TBH, I'm undecided. I like the fact he has pace and can press from the him. But I would like to see a permanent attacker signing tho in January and not a loan. Plus I don't know the finances involved and whether it would be worth it overall. I do think they is a good player in there just feel that he has made some poor moves in his career already and needs to play for a manager/head coach that with suit his game. 

You are being pedantic about numbers, 3 v 4/5, will that one or two extra players totally destroy the morale?

Who knows but are a couple of extra signings needed. IMO no. 

We havent had an outbreak of covid yet, we may do with such high levels of infection. We have been fairly lucky with injuries, we might not always be, when we have had one or two too many we lost 2 away games before an international break allowed us to patch people back up.

Its all if's buts and maybe's tbh.

Covid numbers are going down and the self isolation period is likely to be cut to 5 days shortly. meaning less of an impact.