BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

28 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Mmm missed he wigan game cos ???? hamstring.

I heard Mowbray on Radio Lancashire as I was driving back from Wigan and he was asked specifically about Nyambe. The gone of his voice changed as he said Nyambe went to him at the end of training on Friday and said there was a tightness in the top of his hamstring. I got the distinct impression that Mowbray didn't believe him.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Gav said:

Its a £20m deal, that was the point.

He's also made 15 appearances already this season, it doesn't matter if they're from the bench which most are not. 

£5m(minus 40%)of which we highly likely won't see unless he develops into a top Premier league striker. I can't see it, he was and is a flat track bully. He'll be back in the championship soon. That's his level. 

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Great is a stretch, but the sale itself was good business.

Allowing him to reach the stage of his contract where that became good business though, was terrible business. After which we have learnt nothing and gone on to let it happen to more players.

“Allowing him to reach the stage of his contract” is a phrase I’ve heard loads recently that makes no sense.

The player has to sign the contract. If they’re being advised to keep their options open, how is it the club or manager “allowing” this?

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I heard Mowbray on Radio Lancashire as I was driving back from Wigan and he was asked specifically about Nyambe. The gone of his voice changed as he said Nyambe went to him at the end of training on Friday and said there was a tightness in the top of his hamstring. I got the distinct impression that Mowbray didn't believe him.

Different coach to one who I spoke to yesterday, suggested that Nyambe had “chucked it in” Friday after training with no issue all week.

When I heard the same TM quotes, I also got the impression he was careful about what he said but made no effort to hide what had happened.

13 minutes ago, neophox said:

Why is the deal with Zeefuick stalling?? Should had been completed now.... covid or other issues? Looks like it will be tight if he can be ready for Cardiff.

He is waiting for work permit so it will done when they issue it

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Even if he does sign before the weekend, there is no way that he should start ahead of Nyambe assuming that the latter is fit.

Not sure cryptic and speculative criticisms from various mystery coaches help either way.

Why wouldn't Zeefuik given that he played in the last games for Hertha Berlin before their winter break? 

52 minutes ago, JBiz said:

“Allowing him to reach the stage of his contract” is a phrase I’ve heard loads recently that makes no sense.

The player has to sign the contract. If they’re being advised to keep their options open, how is it the club or manager “allowing” this?

Makes plenty of sense. Sell them at 18 months if they won't sign. Not BBD obviously, we are in a promotion chase. If we weren't I'd say maximise the sale.

The other shocking option is to give them competitive contract offers so they actually sign. Sometimes there's no way around it but usually there is. And get them on proper contract lengths in the first place, what Nyambe was given last time was a joke.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Makes plenty of sense. Sell them at 18 months if they won't sign. Not BBD obviously, we are in a promotion chase. If we weren't I'd say maximise the sale.

The other shocking option is to give them competitive contract offers so they actually sign. Sometimes there's no way around it but usually there is. And get them on proper contract lengths in the first place, what Nyambe was given last time was a joke.

I had no idea that his contract offer was public knowledge?

What constitutes a “competitive offer” btw? Do you mean in relation to this division? We can’t offer players the same as anyone on parachute payments.

Also RN has 6 months left and has been in discussions for over a year, and AA had 12 months despite (according to TM) being offered a “very generous” deal? 

Who have we sold with 18 left?

56 minutes ago, neophox said:

Why is the deal with Zeefuick stalling?? Should had been completed now.... covid or other issues? Looks like it will be tight if he can be ready for Cardiff.

Always takes an ice age for us to get deals over the line. We seem to know about them via journo's for days before they sign.

2 hours ago, Russ said:

Just had a look at Matt O'Riley as I don't know anything about him, looks a really talented player.

Usual disclaimer, I know it's only highlight reels, anyone can look good.... etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC8BWylvqKc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTjcD9JHsY8

I've only watched a couple of 'EFL player of the month' highlights videos, but I would suggest you couldn't make reel that impressive over 5 years of a Corry Evans for example, yet all in only one month for O'Riley.

Wand of a left foot, playmaker from deep but also gets forward, nicks the ball off players, skillfull, composed, takes set pieces, scores a few, seems to have it all.

Only 21 and was at Fulham previously, offered a 3 year deal with option of a fourth. Turned it down to leave for first team football in a lower league which you have to respect. Same as Tayo.

Obviously would expect the club to do more scouting than my 5mins, but I can see why there seems to be a bit interest in him.

Scot Twine is the one to get from Mk Dons

19 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nyambe has been performing well.He doesnt deserved to be dropped.

Zeefuik should have to earn his spot in the team

So is it a player who wants to play for the club or a player that wants to move on that gets the shirt?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JBiz said:

I had no idea that his contract offer was public knowledge?

What constitutes a “competitive offer” btw? Do you mean in relation to this division? We can’t offer players the same as anyone on parachute payments.

Also RN has 6 months left and has been in discussions for over a year, and AA had 12 months despite (according to TM) being offered a “very generous” deal? 

Who have we sold with 18 left?

I'm not going to argue with you. You're not for persuading anyway, and quite frankly on this neither am I unless those contract offers and wages do become public which they won't. I'm very confident we could make them offers that they'd sign and which would give us more in asset value than they would cost, and that we are just being cheap whilst costing ourselves money as Waggott has shown repeatedly he is a short term financial thinker. I've no intention of having the board's 1,000th circular argument on this topic unless there's a prize on offer for the milestone.

Edited by bluebruce

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

So is it a player who wants to play for the club or a player that wants to move on that gets the shirt?

Absolutely no proper suggestion that Nyambe doesnt want to play for the shirt. He certainly has shown that he very much is playing for the shirt. 

I presume that Lenihan and Rothwell also need to be dropped as they wont commit? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Do we drop Lenihen and Rothwell aswell.What about Khedra and Van Hecke?

While all 3 are here then they are Rovers players.

Nyambe has performed well the shirt should be his for the tike being

• Like 3

1 minute ago, darrenrover said:

Just to throw it out for consideration: I've heard that Rovers are interested in signing Morgan Gibbs-White.

I know nothing about him other than he's a midfielder. Whether he's any good or not, I've no idea either.

Hes already on loan at Sheffield United. Brilliant player at this level but dont see how that could possibly work.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'm not going to argue with you. You're not for persuading anyway, and quite frankly on this neither am I unless those contract offers and wages do become public which they won't. I'm very confident we could make them offers that they'd sign and which would give us more in asset value than they would cost, and that we are just being cheap whilst costing ourselves money as Waggott has shown repeatedly he is a short term financial thinker. I've no intention of having the board's 1,000th circular argument on this topic unless there's a prize on offer for the milestone.

If you don’t want a discussion, don’t post opinions. I’ve not made my mind up either, so always open to “persuasion” or having my eyes opened more.

I agree to an extent, that there is a propensity for us to be attempting to “low ball” some of these contracts, but I’m not claiming that (or the opposite) as fact. 

Millers input about academy graduates being on an agreed ladder seems entirely possible as I’ve heard many examples of this in football and other sports in the past.

We have no idea what these players are being offered though. Thus any assumption to base an opinion is open to question.

As I said, AA was made a “very generous offer” to quote either TM or SW. 

What makes you so convinced Rothwell, Lenihan and RN haven’t been given similar deals?

Have you considered our very top wage is potentially half of what Fulham / Bournemouth can offer?

Wouldnt you maximise possible career earnings, as a footballer? I would.