BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

Seen our man Zeefuik getting a covid test at The Avenue in Brockhall this morning. No idea what for or why, maybe integrating with the group today?

11 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The campaign to discredit him is frankly baffling.

Note Forest have bought in two acquisitions already with more on the way.

What is it our recruitment department actually do?

I thought forest were close to breaking ffp rules in the summer so unless they are gambling on promotion  it might come back on they next season

11 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

I thought forest were close to breaking ffp rules in the summer so unless they are gambling on promotion  it might come back on they next season

They've been seeing off 12 million bids from brentford and other PL teams for that Brennan Johnson. Perhaps they think they have him in the bank if they need to balance books at some point. They want minimum 15 for him.

Edited by JacknOry

32 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

They can sell Brennan Johnson or Worral in the summer.Both have Premier league interest

11 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Tbh...and of course it's just highlights...reminds me of Buckley from those clips. Nicks the ball well and has a great range of passing. Physically sturdier than him though.

As ever the question is, can he do the stuff on the highlights with any consistency (them all being from one month is promising though) and can he step up a level and do it against better players? For the right price though, wouldn't mind a punt. Hard to see how he gets past Dack to compete for that Buckley role, but perhaps capable of operating deeper.

I agree, I did think of Buckley in the first one where he kept nicking it off the players toes. A little of Cairney too with the left foot and range of passing.

I would rather take a (relatively) cheap punt on players like this, in hope we can bring them up to the level needed, rather than spend money on loans like Clarkson who never looked like he'd be physically up to the job.

It's then up to the player to force his way into the team ahead of others.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Seen our man Zeefuik getting a covid test at The Avenue in Brockhall this morning. No idea what for or why, maybe integrating with the group today?

Can only imagine signing will be announced today then, will meet with the squad and and get his pictures taken.  

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Would expect most of the squad to be off today. Quite often are on a Wednesday. 

You’re right, was told by one of the bar staff just before that it’s his first training session in 3 weeks tomorrow. Hardly insider sources we all know he’s signing but good to know there’s been no hiccups in the deal. Also not likely he’ll be in for the Cardiff game if he hasn’t trained in 3 weeks I wouldn’t have thought.

Edited by Mellor Rover

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Seems very risky loaning him out leaving us with 4 centre backs for 3 spots. Surely we must get another centre back.

Nyambe could play right side of the 3 if push comes to shove or we may have another in under 23 who the management feel isnt too far behind Carter.

Another centre half would be nice but It will be extremely difficult to bring in a centre half of any stature (with our budget)when they will most likely be 5th choice and clubs .Its been ages since Carter was even on the bench 

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nyambe could play right side of the 3 if push comes to shove or we may have another in under 23 who the management feel isnt too far behind Carter.

Another centre half would be nice but It will be extremely difficult to bring in a centre half of any stature (with our budget)when they will most likely be 5th choice and clubs .Its been ages since Carter was even on the bench 

I just think that with such a critical half season amidst covid times as well as injury proneness amidst the centre backs, that we should play it safe and keep Carter. Loan him out for the whole of next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

You’re right, was told by one of the bar staff just before that it’s his first training session in 3 weeks tomorrow. Hardly insider sources we all know he’s signing but good to know there’s been no hiccups in the deal. Also not likely he’ll be in for the Cardiff game if he hasn’t trained in 3 weeks I wouldn’t have thought.

Sounds about right, they don't play over Xmas in Germany so not sure what goes on with the training schedules......He last played on 18th December.

7 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Sounds about right, they don't play over Xmas in Germany so not sure what goes on with the training schedules......He last played on 18th December.

I've been told that he is not fully match fit yet because of the German winter break.