BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Johnson is absolutely woeful.

Talk about stuck in the mud. I think my 14.5 stone ass could move about quicker than he does. Strange we gave him a new deal but I suppose he’s a good experienced head to have in a very young squad. 

Saw on a bbc article about newcastle spending that they've been linked with Solanke with the Howe link (sorry if this has already been mentioned previously). That would be a perfect signing!

Edited by BRFC4EVA
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Even at the end of the month, there will still be many games left even if at that point 3 or 4 of our main centre backs are fit and well, that could easily change and we dont want to have to resort to players out of position.

I would be tempted to loan him out depending on what the situation is. Not sure there is point him sitting around us not playing. 

59 minutes ago, islander200 said:

My point isnt regarding the quality of the player.

It relates to the fact that after bringing in 15 million for Armstrong and having the fall back of a Brererton sale in the summer then we shouldnt be struggling to find 1.7 million for a league one player if the management want him.

Who says we are struggling to pay 1.7 million? 

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Ah that would make sense. Otherwise Carter leaving just seems a bit odd. He's shown he's decent enough, and would suit our back 3 approach. As someone mentioned losing 2 or more CBs at a time is well within the realms of possibility.

I don't think Johnson and Nyambe are really suited to being effective in a back three. You need to be able to head a ball properly (not Nyambes forte) and be very positionally aware (not Johnson's).

Nyambe's greatest asset is his speed up and down the right flank. A central position would rob us of this asset.

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I would be tempted to loan him out depending on what the situation is. Not sure there is point him sitting around us not playing. 

Because we are 2 injuries/suspensions/covid absences from having to then play players out of position in a season when every point is crucial in a fight for promotion!

Id be surprised if we spend 1.7m in this window. That particular link is just gossip but I cant see Venkys funding fees like that. 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The sun article 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/17304888/blackburn-matt-oriley-mk-dons-transfer/

Edited by islander200

If these reports are true and we really are looking at O'Riley and are open to including a player in a swap then maybe Davenport?

At his age surely he will want to start playing more regulary than he has done here and with his injury record and limited playing time i dont see him currently getting a transfer to another Championship team 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Because we are 2 injuries/suspensions/covid absences from having to then play players out of position in a season when every point is crucial in a fight for promotion!

True. But I think Nyambe would be fairly good in right centre back role in a back 3. 

Johnson shouldnt play centre back again

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Butty said:

Talk about stuck in the mud. I think my 14.5 stone ass could move about quicker than he does. Strange we gave him a new deal but I suppose he’s a good experienced head to have in a very young squad. 

I think the thought process behind Johnson was an experienced head as you say, but also the fact he 'could' cover at centre half if needed, he had to last season. We're better equipped right now though so it shouldn't even be a consideration to play him there. Unfortunately not playing matches means at his age he's always gonna be rusty if called upon. It'll definitely be his last season at this level.

BBD may miss two games now due to our matches being moved for Sky coverage: https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19842887.blackburn-rovers-set-without-ben-brereton-two-matches/

We surely need to bring in another option up top irrespective of this news.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

BBD may miss two games now due to our matches being moved for Sky coverage.

We surely need to bring in another option up top?

We definitely do, bring in Maja.

Typical of the management and owners that we're 13 days in and not 1 signing yet, wheres the planning, wheres the ambition?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Typical of the management and owners that we're 13 days in and not 1 signing yet, wheres the planning, wheres the ambition?

Signed 2 right backs to be fair.

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

A couple of our rivals at least (Boro & WBA) - there’s probably more - have added firepower. We need to do the same. 

And like you I really hope we’re not planning to do the majority of our business on the last day like we typically tend to do (and also usually fail at!). 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1