BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Seems very risky loaning him out leaving us with 4 centre backs for 3 spots. Surely we must get another centre back.

Especially with Ayala's record of injury. I can't see MacGloire stepping up and Philips surely isn't ready?

• Like 1

Carter and especially Magloire both seem pretty gash at this level(and Magloire doesn't look like he'd be much at any level!) and niether look like they have much improvement in them, I can see them both leaving permanently sooner or later, especially if the youngster Ash Philips is as promising as is being made out

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, briansol said:

As someone mentioned, Johnson can play as a make-shift centre-back, and Nyambe can probably do a job centrally in a crisis.

Yes I agree that Carter probably is the better option, but in my opinion it will far more beneficial for him and the club to allow him to go on loan. He has outgrown U23 and if he plays there he is only stands in the way of the next batch, but that is the only way for him to have some match fitness.

We kept all the youngster from going on loan in august, which they suffered from a development standpoint. The only option left after the transfer deadline was Non-League loans.

Surely it will be better for us if we go up! We're third, not first or second and if we stay in the 6 its still a lottery in the play-offs and you're happy with a make-shift Johnson? He's always injured anyway.

"Nyambe can probably do a job centrally in a crisis'? Bloody hell! do we want promotion or not?

Edited by 47er
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Rovers dont do signing on fees they use contract agreement and loyalty based payments at the end of conracts!

Hence the likes of Smallwood, Bennett, Evans, Mulgrew hanging on till the bitter end and holding us back.

Not necessarily a smart way of doing things.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, briansol said:

As someone mentioned, Johnson can play as a make-shift centre-back, and Nyambe can probably do a job centrally in a crisis.

Yes I agree that Carter probably is the better option, but in my opinion it will far more beneficial for him and the club to allow him to go on loan. He has outgrown U23 and if he plays there he is only stands in the way of the next batch, but that is the only way for him to have some match fitness.

We kept all the youngster from going on loan in august, which they suffered from a development standpoint. The only option left after the transfer deadline was Non-League loans.

Johnson center half NOOOOO. He was shit at Wigan. His time is up, I hope he’s not got another season after this one.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Carter and especially Magloire both seem pretty gash at this level(and Magloire doesn't look like he'd be much at any level!) and niether look like they have much improvement in them, I can see them both leaving permanently sooner or later, especially if the youngster Ash Philips is as promising as is being made out

I like Carter. I think he will definitely make it. Needs a loan to play regular football.

Magloire, to me, is a non-league footballer and should be let go.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, EwoodGlory said:

This been posted yet? 

Blackburn trying to land MK Dons star Matt O’Riley in £1.7m transfer and could offer player-swap as part of deal

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/17304888/blackburn-matt-oriley-mk-dons-transf  

Its a poor showing by the owners if we are struggling to find 1.7 million 

Il judge at the end of the window but after recieving 15 million for Armstrong and with an asset in Brererton worth a similar amount then we shouldnt have to be going to a league 1 club with a begging bowl to try sing one of their players if that article is correct

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Il judge at the end of the window but after recieving 15 million for Armstrong and with an asset in Brererton worth a similar amount then we shouldnt have to be going to a league 1 club with a begging bowl to try sing one of their players if that article is correct

Was just about to post similar. Sell the training ground and Arma for a combined £30m (less N'Castles slice) and we can't even cobble £1.7m together. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, roversinmyblood said:

Maybe it means Souttar is coming, although the Scottish papers are saying he’s going to Rangers. 

Ah that would make sense. Otherwise Carter leaving just seems a bit odd. He's shown he's decent enough, and would suit our back 3 approach. As someone mentioned losing 2 or more CBs at a time is well within the realms of possibility.

I don't think Johnson and Nyambe are really suited to being effective in a back three. You need to be able to head a ball properly (not Nyambes forte) and be very positionally aware (not Johnson's).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Poor showing by the owners lol......

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Ah that would make sense. Otherwise Carter leaving just seems a bit odd. He's shown he's decent enough, and would suit our back 3 approach.

Can't agree, if there's one thing I agree with Tony on and it's to get this lad out somewhere.. doesn't have the pace or technical ability to play in a 3, he'd need a full back at the side of him...

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Rovers will be negotiating and trying to get the best deal possible for Rovers. 

Do you know much about the player?

2 hours ago, EwoodGlory said:

This been posted yet? 

Blackburn trying to land MK Dons star Matt O’Riley in £1.7m transfer and could offer player-swap as part of deal

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/17304888/blackburn-matt-oriley-mk-dons-transf  

Doesn't say what player would be swapped. Seems a dubious one. I guess Chapman maybe?

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

It would be a struggle to convince someone to be 5th choice so I would keep Carter rather than potentially be under prepared for a key half to the season. I would put the clubs critical need before Carters development just for 5 months and loan him out in the summer

I would see how the rest of the month and maybe loan him out depending on circumstances 

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Doesn't say what player would be swapped. Seems a dubious one. I guess Chapman maybe?

Chapman wouldnt be able to play for anyone besides us and Burton until next season.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I would see how the rest of the month and maybe loan him out depending on circumstances 

Even at the end of the month, there will still be many games left even if at that point 3 or 4 of our main centre backs are fit and well, that could easily change and we dont want to have to resort to players out of position.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers will be negotiating and trying to get the best deal possible for Rovers. 

Do you know much about the player?

My point isnt regarding the quality of the player.

It relates to the fact that after bringing in 15 million for Armstrong and having the fall back of a Brererton sale in the summer then we shouldnt be struggling to find 1.7 million for a league one player if the management want him.

Funnily enough Chaddy having a full time job ,kids and supporting Rovers i dont have the spare time on my hands to watch Mk Dons matches.I know what is in the public domain about him and if other clubs are after him which they reportedly are and we feel he will add to our squad then we should just pay the money.Its 1.7 million which is nothing in todays market

• Like 3

Just now, islander200 said:

My point isnt regarding the quality of the player.

It relates to the fact that after bringing in 15 million for Armstrong and having the fall back of a Brererton sale in the summer then we shouldnt be struggling to find 1.7 million for a league one player if the management want him.

Funnily enough Chaddy having a full time job ,kids and supporting Rovers i dont have the spare time on my hands to watch Mk Dons matches.I know what is in the public domain about him and if other clubs are after him which they reportedly are and we feel he will add to our squad then we should just pay the money.Its 1.7 million which is nothing in todays market

Everything what you say plus also not just finding 1.7m in the circumstances you suggest but at a point in which we are 3rd in the league!

• Like 3