BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

I'm sure if he's not vaccinated by now he's probably decided he's going to stay unvaccinated. 

Annoying.

Yeah, I expect so. Personally I wouldn’t be signing any player who took that stance.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, neophox said:

Would you been happy if we had bought Obafemi in august and sold Brereton? Just asking...

If we'd sold him last Jan wouldn't have been bothered, but he'd showed enough improvement second half of last season to keep him. 

His performances this season are by absolute miles the biggest leap I've seen a professional footballer make in 6 months. 

8 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Yeah, I expect so. Personally I wouldn’t be signing any player who took that stance.

Indeed. He’ll be missing every other week at this rate - like Dolan had to the other week. We should certainly only be signing loanees who have been vaccinated otherwise we’re paying a decent some for a limited period where they may be barely able to get on the pitch.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

If we'd sold him last Jan wouldn't have been bothered, but he'd showed enough improvement second half of last season to keep him. 

His performances this season are by absolute miles the biggest leap I've seen a professional footballer make in 6 months. 

His performances this season have obviously gone next level.

But his form was showing improvement after the football break.Beginning of last season he was decent

49 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not ideal. Zeefuik is not fully vaccinated so could well miss games through isolation.

Screenshot_20220113-140100_Twitter.jpg

Well, anecdotally he wasn't self isolating when he first arrived over here,  it's certainly a new one in the long line of excuses about why it wasn't possible to get deals over the line. Perhaps the posters who had Nyambe's bags packed for him had better go running after him and offer to unpack again Lol.

We may or may not have a bit of a war chest burning a hole in the manager's pocket and the Club may or may not be playing in coy in their pursuit of targets.

All we do know is we have the best chance of promotion in a decade and need a couple of really astute signings in. Thirteen days have already elapsed of the window and there's only eighteen days left without any real signs of incoming players so far. Ideally we could have done with any signings in before Saturdays game but as usual it appears it was beyond us to get our ducks in a row and our business done early.

The usual sob stories about how we had offers for players in all window but either no-one took us on or we got gazumped at the last minute won't cut it this time either I'm afraid.

17 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Has the consensus changed that Nyambe is probably staying till end of the season now?

Seems a mad situation - we'll have gone from potentially no right back to having three!

I wouldn't class the Irish lad as a serious option at this stage personally. Was there ever any real doubt that RN (and indeed the others) should stay until the end of the season regardless?

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Well, anecdotally he wasn't self isolating when he first arrived over here,  it's certainly a new one in the long line of excuses about why it wasn't possible to get deals over the line. Perhaps the posters who had Nyambe's bags packed for him had better go running after him and offer to unpack again Lol.

We may or may not have a bit of a war chest burning a hole in the manager's pocket and the Club may or may not be playing in coy in their pursuit of targets.

All we do know is we have the best chance of promotion in a decade and need a couple of really astute signings in. Thirteen days have already elapsed of the window and there's only eighteen days left without any real signs of incoming players so far. Ideally we could have done with any signings in before Saturdays game but as usual it appears it was beyond us to get our ducks in a row and our business done early.

The usual sob stories about how we had offers for players in all window but either no-one took us on or we got gazumped at the last minute won't cut it this time either I'm afraid.

Based on your previous defence of the owners, out of interest what sort of level of investment would you expect in this window to continue in that same wavelength, all things considered?

I am not one for excuses as to why player x and player y didnt join, I only judge on the players that do sign. Lots was made of Maja but even that signing would have been a loan deal, as confirmed. Everything done on the cheap.

There has never been any serious suggestion that Nyambe has been set to leave, for me it always seemed to be fans putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 to come to the conclusion that Zeefuik is replacing him, but Mowbray has always denied any bids for Nyambe, has never given the impression that he expects him to leave and it was mooted before the window that we needed a second right wing back.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If we are bringing a player or two in they need to be of the standard to go straight into the team and not just be here  to “ give the lads a lift “.

Who would you be looking to replace from our starting line up?

At the minute every player in the first 11 is worth their place.The squad could do with a few more but in terms of first 11 i dont see an obvious weak link at the minute

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I wouldn't class the Irish lad as a serious option at this stage personally. Was there ever any real doubt that RN (and indeed the others) should stay until the end of the season regardless?

More I just thought he was defo going this window as we were singing replacements. Seems a surprise he is actually staying, but obviously we are stronger if he does (as the new guys are going to need a timeline to get up to speed even if they are as good/better) so it is welcome.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Based on your previous defence of the owners, out of interest what sort of level of investment would you expect in this window to continue in that same wavelength, all things considered?

I am not one for excuses as to why player x and player y didnt join, I only judge on the players that do sign. Lots was made of Maja but even that signing would have been a loan deal, as confirmed. Everything done on the cheap.

On the investment front, it's difficult to say on the amount until after the event. A couple of really brilliant loan signings to try and give us a bit of extra swagger and pizazz to get us over the line would probably be better than loading up with lots of career journeymen like Hedges on a permanent basis at this stage.

Second paragraph, agree entirely. For once we need results, not hard luck stories missed targets.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Who would you be looking to replace from our starting line up?

At the minute every player in the first 11 is worth their place.The squad could do with a few more but in terms of first 11 i dont see an obvious weak link at the minute

Arguable whether he is "first X1" but Gallagher is the obvious weak link at the moment.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

4 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Sharpe reckons ‘indications are we won’t be spending £2m in this window’ (talking about O’Riley). Guessing he means in total here as well.

Some ambition if true! 
Apologies @roversfan99you had beaten me to it.

I think the only time the lancashire telegraph is used by the club is as a mouthpiece to downplay how much we have in the way of funding, presumably to try and seek a better deal for our targets 

50 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Same. It's not just his own potential unavailability due to his stance, but the potential to pass it on to other players and have them miss out too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Arguable whether he is "first X1" but Gallagher is the obvious weak link at the moment.

He isnt first 11 and imo he has contributed this season with  5 goals.Im not his biggest fan either but as an option on the bench still feel he can contribute.

Whatever forward we do sign(if it happens) will have work to do to displace Khedra or Brererton 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I wouldn’t be turning down Ronaldo if he wasn’t fully vaccinated. Nyambe is still here to play this weekend anyway so it’s not going to be an issue. We can add Nyambe “saying his goodbyes” at Brockhall to the long list of Rovers rumours that is a load of rubbish. Can’t remember the last time we had one that turned out to be genuine 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

How do you come to these assertions?

I was under the impression - probably a false one, that Balaji was the main family member involved?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall a single occasion that the manager has flown around the world to meet with Balaji. 

I've no doubt he has a more 'hands on' role than the others in terms of interest in the club but when it comes to cold hard cash and funding it is clear that managers have always needed to get through to Mr and Mrs Desai.

Snake Kean worked out quickly where the power lies.

No visit to India since 2019 puts Mowbray on thin ice and no coincidence that since then buys have been low cost (if anything) and sales have started.

All my opinion and belief based on what we've seen over the last 10 years. Some might call it a conspiracy theory but I think it makes perfect sense and until Mowbray can get around a table with them cash will be very limited, as will new contracts.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Budget is less than a couple of million pounds which is a fraction even of the sales made this season amidst a genuine promotion push. If anyone was in doubt that Venkys are not the problem then there for me is proof that they dont really care.

Screenshot_20220113-105350_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20220113-105350_Twitter.jpg

Does Sharpe know this for sure? Who knows what Mowbray's budget is? I remember the summer when we signed Brereton that we werent meant to have much money then. Lets wait and see who we signed and what deal?

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Not ideal. Zeefuik is not fully vaccinated so could well miss games through isolation.

Screenshot_20220113-140100_Twitter.jpg

has he has his 1st dose?

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

We shouldn't be judging players on their vaccination stance or status. Also surely has a personal choice to make first. They might have been a medical reason why he hasn't been fully jab

• Like 1

So to move away from vaccines and covid related talk... let's recap Mr Sharpe's groundbreaking information, any articles anyone has seen that links us to any player is wrong and we are skint.