BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

5 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I'd hope he could challenge Nyambe. Capable of starting in the bundesliga so you would think he is coming here to compete for a first team place. 

Whether the club admit it or not, he’s here to replace Nyambe when he leaves for free in summer.

25 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Chaddy won't be happy. He said we should only sign people if they're fully match fit and raring to go.

In truth it's just that he's a bit off the pace having had a break - it shouldn't be too long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not sure that's a good move. We need a couple of additional bodies overall, not to be losing them.

No point having him around as sixth choice. Much more beneficial to follow Wharton's path, developing on loan with regular game time and come back when he is ready for this level.

In a real crisis there options like Sam Barnes who pretty much the same level as Carter. Young Phillips might also be an option.

If against the odds, Lenihan leaves the club would probably bring someone in to replace him.

11 minutes ago, briansol said:

No point having him around as sixth choice. Much more beneficial to follow Wharton's path, developing on loan with regular game time and come back when he is ready for this level.

In a real crisis there options like Sam Barnes who pretty much the same level as Carter. Young Phillips might also be an option.

If against the odds, Lenihan leaves the club would probably bring someone in to replace him.

He would be 5th choice and needed if only 2 of 4 centre backs are absent which considering Ayala's injury record and Lenihan's disciplinary concerns, plus the imminent threat of covid, is certainly not far-fetched.

Barnes and Phillips have never kicked a senior ball, Carter has had a good loan spell in League 1 so is a more ready made replacement. Considering where we are in the table and the way of the world with covid, we more than ever need to have the quality in depth to sustain us throughout the season. If we had to consider the likes of Magloire or the 2 rookie kids you mention, we would struggle to continue getting results.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He would be 5th choice and needed if only 2 of 4 centre backs are absent which considering Ayala's injury record and Lenihan's disciplinary concerns, plus the imminent threat of covid, is certainly not far-fetched.

Barnes and Phillips have never kicked a senior ball, Carter has had a good loan spell in League 1 so is a more ready made replacement. Considering where we are in the table and the way of the world with covid, we more than ever need to have the quality in depth to sustain us throughout the season. If we had to consider the likes of Magloire or the 2 rookie kids you mention, we would struggle to continue getting results.

Tony and co will see Nyambe as 5th choice CB I'd imagine. 

53 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Whether the club admit it or not, he’s here to replace Nyambe when he leaves for free in summer.

For 3 million or so? If we stay down, I doubt it. Maybe the BBD funds have been earmarked for it, but that's a large chunk of the likely income, when we may also need to replace DL and JR. And BBD.

14 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

For 3 million or so? If we stay down, I doubt it. Maybe the BBD funds have been earmarked for it, but that's a large chunk of the likely income, when we may also need to replace DL and JR. And BBD.

That's excluding sign on fee and wages.

Nyambe we could literally pay higher wages by a bit and still make a huge saving? 

It makes zero commercial sense - unless this guy is way way better.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

More likely he's here as back up and both he and Nyambe will be leaving in summer IF we can't agree a deal for RN I'd have thought.

If we're baulking at £3m for an Armstrong replacement, what's the chances we'd pay £3m for a right back?

It would surely be way way cheaper to just  give Nyambe what he wants.  As someone else has just said the deal makes zero commercial sense on a commercial basis.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

As someone mentioned, Johnson can play as a make-shift centre-back, and Nyambe can probably do a job centrally in a crisis.

Yes I agree that Carter probably is the better option, but in my opinion it will far more beneficial for him and the club to allow him to go on loan. He has outgrown U23 and if he plays there he is only stands in the way of the next batch, but that is the only way for him to have some match fitness.

We kept all the youngster from going on loan in august, which they suffered from a development standpoint. The only option left after the transfer deadline was Non-League loans.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

How do you know this?

Wouldn’t listen to that really. Neo’s track record on here with rumours is awful and that’s putting it mildly 😂 maybe this is the first time he’ll get one right. Hopefully, Dembele is a talent. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, briansol said:

As someone mentioned, Johnson can play as a make-shift centre-back, and Nyambe can probably do a job centrally in a crisis.

Yes I agree that Carter probably is the better option, but in my opinion it will far more beneficial for him and the club to allow him to go on loan. He has outgrown U23 and if he plays there he is only stands in the way of the next batch, but that is the only way for him to have some match fitness.

We kept all the youngster from going on loan in august, which they suffered from a development standpoint. The only option left after the transfer deadline was Non-League loans.

I reckon Nyambe could do a good job on the right hand side of the three. Ayala and Van Hecke both look like they can only play in the middle. Fingers crossed we can keep the established back 5 together as much as possible though.

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

That's excluding sign on fee and wages.

Nyambe we could literally pay higher wages by a bit and still make a huge saving? 

It makes zero commercial sense - unless this guy is way way better.

Rovers dont do signing on fees they use contract agreement and loyalty based payments at the end of conracts!

6 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Seen our man Zeefuik getting a covid test at The Avenue in Brockhall this morning. No idea what for or why, maybe integrating with the group today?

Probably having his 6th or 7th day covid tesr after his 5 days of lsolating

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Seems very risky loaning him out leaving us with 4 centre backs for 3 spots. Surely we must get another centre back

Who would want to come here and be 5th choice? Surely the priority is another centre midfielder and attacker 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, briansol said:

Agree with this. It's a bit of a risk, but one worth taking for his development. 12 months without football at his age when he's good enough for L1 isn't acceptable if we see him as a prospect. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Probably having his 6th or 7th day covid tesr after his 5 days of lsolating

Who would want to come here and be 5th choice? Surely the priority is another centre midfielder and attacker 

It would be a struggle to convince someone to be 5th choice so I would keep Carter rather than potentially be under prepared for a key half to the season. I would put the clubs critical need before Carters development just for 5 months and loan him out in the summer.

2 hours ago, briansol said:

It might be better for him but with such a critical half season ahead, we have to be fully prepared. Injuries, suspension and covid mean that it is far from remarkable to expect that at some point, that 2 from 4 will be unavailable. The club needs to come before Carter for 5 months.

Johnson could do a job perhaps, Nyambe likewise or it could be left to a no hoper like Magloire or an untested kid, either way these are all solutions that significantly weaken us and could jeapordise our chance of collecting points if and when they occur. As you say Carter is a better option.

It is different with some of the others in that none of them were close to and indeed in the main had never played prior for the first team.

• Like 2