BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

30 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

AND if Sharpe is to be believed, we then want another striker too! Gotta hope to God BBD is here until the summer at least. 

Butterworth will surely be out on loan. Hard to see Dolan getting much of a kick too.

Worry about Dolan. If he's frozen out, plenty will come for him.Doesn't deserve it really.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Gav said:

I cannot believe anyone would even contemplate selling the clubs leading goal scorer in the middle of a promotion push, for any price! If we lose Brereton in January you can wave goodbye to promotion, even reinvesting some of the money brings no guarantees, look at the dingles with £25m burring a hole in the pocket with nobody to buy. 

These owners couldn't care less about the club losing money, they've had 10yrs to put it right and we still lose money hand over fist, the transfer fee is no good to us, we want promotion and this is the best opportunity we've had in 10yrs and it may never come again.

Selling Brereton......I need a lie down......

No one in their right mind would advocate selling him now.

Makes me laugh when i see the old 'i'd' take x amount now for y or z, it's not our money lol. We wouldn't see it and neither would the team i can't believe nothing has been learned yet. It just goes into the black hole on the balance sheet and we might, if madame gets out the right side of the bed, get a few million in summer. That's it !

Lets just put everything into keeping what we have now and having a real go at it, i'd prefer to keep BBD now till summer even if it costs 'us' 10 or 20 million.

It might deliver the club 150 million.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

Maja fits those criteria. Imagine he's still under consideration. 

One thing which has taken me by surprise if we do get Markandy over the line is that will be two first team additions secured relatively early in the window. I was expecting any incomings to be touch and go before the deadline.

Yes it makes a nice change getting some in before the last day . Looking like a good window so far .... wonder if we will sell someone. 

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

AND if Sharpe is to be believed, we then want another striker too! Gotta hope to God BBD is here until the summer at least. 

Butterworth will surely be out on loan. Hard to see Dolan getting much of a kick too.

Dolan has done well and I think he will develop further but I don't think he'll be a player for a Championship team at the top end of the table.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Worry about Dolan. If he's frozen out, plenty will come for him.Doesn't deserve it really.

Love his enthusing and work ethic, I've just not seen much end product from him, reminds me a bit of a Mat Derbyshire type, plus since he's been out of the statting 11 we've not stopped winning in the league. 

Like him a lot though and hope he gets another chance soon and comes good

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Anyone heard anything about a player called Dante Vanzeir?

Apparently looking at a European forward on a loan to buy.

Was watching a thing about his club and how they have come from the second division and are leading the Belgian league by 7 points at the moment. He has just been capped by Belgium I'd imagine he would cost a bit. But the way they play with the high press he would fit the mould.

22 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Love hos enthusing and work ethic, I've just not seen much end product from him, rem8ndsme a bit of a Mat Derbyshire type, plus since he's been out of the statting 11 we've not stopped winning in the league. 

Like him a lot though and hope he gets another chance soon and comes good

He's one for the future surely? in the meantime we have to keep him interested.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Anyone heard anything about a player called Dante Vanzeir?

Apparently looking at a European forward on a loan to buy.

Yeah if we have a spare 30 mil knocking about.

2 hours ago, AJW said:

Would like to see another centre forward brought in whether that’s Maja or a.n.other as we are short in that area , centre midfield isnt too bad in terms of numbers but I am sure we can improve on  the choices of Johnson Davenport and Edun as back up 

Please explain how we are short up front? There are 2 spots in the current formation. They're contested by BBD, Khadra, Gallagher, Dolan, Markanday (if he signs, and I'm guessing you meant as well as him) and even Butterworth. That's 6 players for 2 spots. Markanday isn't leaving Spurs (who he supports) due to not playing there in order to not play here.

Midfield I agree, and then a reliable backup goalie who won't chuck the ball in our own net.

12 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’ve been told they want that Rhys Healey fella as the striker above Maja. 

He just doesn't appeal to me. Sounds like a French second tier Rhodes, which isn't the sort of player that this side needs. But hey, I've not seen him, it could be a roaring success. As I've just said though it doesn't seem an area we need another player after Markanday.