BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

25 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Gutted we seemed to have missed out on maja,  I really do think he will tear up this league 

We need a striker before deadline we really do, someone that can chip in a fair few goals 

I fancy he's more likely to tear a hamstring. Assuming he doesn't do his back first. I can't say I'm overly bothered about missing out on this one. 

• Like 1

Saw an article before that said Bournemouth have agreed a fee for Dembele, rumoured by some to be our Rothwell replacement. Don't they already have quite a lot of attackers?

If that's true, I don't think Bournemouth are really interested in Joe Rothwell at all, they just wanted to unsettle us.

Previously I just wanted to get promoted and didn't have any feelings one way or the other about who else went up. Now I really hope Bournemouth stay down here for the foreseeable. Fuck them.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Rothwell about to go down as one of the great villains.

I could understand the desire to go to a premier league team (which he could if he waited 6 months) but to Bournemouth. Nah that's a snake move.

Problem is I wouldn't sell him to Bournemouth for anything. Venkys don't want to sell but mowbray is taking the pragmatic view. Really hard to see a way back for him if his move doesn't go through.

Agree to disagree. He's not deliberately getting sent off and scoring own goals.

It's unsavory, but it's football - they're all commodities at the end of the day. He has no loyalty to the club and we have no loyalty to him - he's securing himself a pay rise. 

Obviously I hope he has a miserable time in Bournemouth, but it is what it is.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Saw an article before that said Bournemouth have agreed a fee for Dembele, rumoured by some to be our Rothwell replacement. Don't they already have quite a lot of attackers?

If that's true, I don't think Bournemouth are really interested in Joe Rothwell at all, they just wanted to unsettle us.

Previously I just wanted to get promoted and didn't have any feelings one way or the other about who else went up. Now I really hope Bournemouth stay down here for the foreseeable. Fuck them.

Dembele is nothing at all like Rothwell, different position for a start.

29 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

This Wolves kid a full back? Does that mean we aren't expecting Pickering or Edun to be back anytime soon?

Edit: looks like he's a midfielder 

He's a WB I think.

Edun looks out of place at WB, so maybe it's a replacement for him - shifting Edun inside to CM.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

So this would have happened had Rothwell signed a new deal and been under contract for the next 3 years?

Rothwell didn’t do enough to earn a new contract. He spent 18 months not getting picked. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

So this would have happened had Rothwell signed a new deal and been under contract for the next 3 years?

The club has literally been in talks with Rothwell for the last 18months.

They have seemingly financially done what they could to convince him to stay. Fair enough Rothwell wants to explore his options, however he should never be pushing for a move in the last days of the window to our main promotion rival. The club cants stop that - that’s on him. 

• Like 8

Think I will book the flights now for that Bournemouth game at home. It has a Newcastley feeling about it, ala 94/95. Perhaps it will be Diaz that rises like a salmon at the end the of the box this time.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

If it really is Bournemouth, Rothwell can foxtrot oscar, then when he arrives at his destination, he can foxtrot oscar again.

Utter madness from him to leave us for them at this time. Also madness for the club to even consider selling to a promotion rival too, no matter what the money. 

If this is true, it’s little wonder Mowbray was fuming yesterday when asked.

All Rovers has to do is say no.

The buck stops firmly with them 

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's a WB I think.

Edun looks out of place at WB, so maybe it's a replacement for him - shifting Edun inside to CM.

In fairness, I think that's a good patch-up job. Would hope we sign another though.

I'd like Freeman, although I can't recall where that particular £0.5m rumour came from earlier.

Rule No 1: You don't sell one of your best players to one of your promotion rivals. You just don't

Rule No 2: see rule No 1

Even if Rothwell has burnt his bridges with the club I can't believe Rovers are contemplating this. 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 5

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Think I will book the flights now for that Bournemouth game at home. It has a Newcastley feeling about it, ala 94/95. Perhaps it will be Diaz that rises like a salmon at the end he of the box

I love this phrase, because it implies a complete lack grace, flapping about, but ultimately determined and successful.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Your dislike of Mowbray is throwing any balanced opinions out of the window. He went into detail about Rothwell and how he totally understands the situation, it can lead to a huge pay rise, there are family reasons and he quadrupled his wages as a player with a transfer so showed empathy. He has not hung Rothwell out to dry.

The owners should place total trust in the manager. If he thinks the best thing to do is to sell and bring 2 in, they should trust him, if they don't trust him which wouldn't make sense based on this season, then they should employ someone who can be trusted. They should not allow their own petty stubbornness to overrule the manager.

I'd say the exact opposite how can the manager even contemplate a sale to our nearest rivals for automatic promotion.

If he is doing so I refuse to believe anyone could be that stupid, I could only assume he's doing it to get back at the Club as they haven't offered him a new deal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Luke Freeman wouldn't make much sense. He is more of a number 10 or a winger, which is not the most pressing concern, he has an injury I think and is reportedly on high wages.

The fee quoted for him when we were linked with him last time was £4m. His stock must have dropped dramatically.

Wouldn't mind him as back up in midfield but a Rothwell replacement?

20 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Wouldn't it be nice to beat them in the play-off final.

• Like 1