BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

Just now, JBiz said:

Yea, shit man management turned a league one signing into a hot property,

Do you ever think before speaking?

He was always talented, mis managed to death. Then we let him go for nowt when he shows signs of flourishing....very shit management...especially as we sit 2nd 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

But even ignoring the Rothwell situation I don't think the business we have done so far is sufficient in view of the absences and lack of depth we have - the bench yesterday was the weakest I can remember and this is at the back end of a transfer window sitting in a position of strength.

What's your plan when Rothwell, Dack, Dolan, Brereton, Markanday, Poveda and Pickering are injured?

You can't just go signing players because you have a wage budget to adhere to and those players will come back at some point. 

Giles is a massive upgrade for us - if we can start nicking some goals from his set pieces with Wharton / Ayala / Van Hecke and continue to keep clean sheets we'll be there or there abouts with how well this defence is playing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He just drifted past them and scores without thinking about it....nobody else can do that in this league.....mogadon and his shit man management 

he cant drift past that many with a career average of a goal every 13 games

• Like 3

Tony Mowbray has been in this game for decades, he understands football better than the any welder, teacher, accountant and butcher that posts on this site.

This business seems bonkers to me, mind blowing even, but I trust the manager, look at our league position for proof.

Rothwell is a first class w****r for forcing this through, we can all agree on that, but trust the manager, get behind the team and let’s push on.

Tony has an ace up his sleeve, I wonder who it is?

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, J*B said:

It’s done. Medical first thing in the morning. Transfer won’t be announced until we’ve signed replacements but there’s a verbal agreement and Joe will arrive in Bournemouth in a couple of hours. 

Shocking decision by the club. Weaken us, strengthen them for a small fee. Very poor. What does this say about our ambitions to go up? 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

Is money everything. How empty are you. If I had £200 a week yes I would because it provides for my families needs. If I was on £10000 per week I have a choice. I am always at a loss by men who would sell themselves for money. Particularly when they have more thanthey will ever need. If you really believe that the definition of success is defined by money and that every individual can be bought by it then you really don’t appreciate that there are much more important things that define an individual than pounds. 
I don’t know Rothwell so can’t answer for him individually but if his search is for money at the expensive of the less quantifiable moral characteristics  then he will eventually find its an empty chase

Finally before you come back with the club would not be loyal argument you make your own decision on what you want to be not on what others would do.

He will probably have gone from 28k per month to 80k....so an extra 52k per month plus probably a half million signing fee....

I'd say that would get your attention.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He's been in our best 3 players all.season and we are.2nd.  End of discussion. Venkys can fuck off for me, well they always could...now they can even more....

Really? I can think of 3 players off the top of my head I'd rather have on the team sheet.

Kaminski

Wharton

Lenihan

Van Hecke

Travis

Buckley

Brereton Diaz (preferably Diaz)

He wouldn't be in my top 5.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Tony Mowbray has been in this game for decades, he understands football better than the any welder, teacher, accountant and butcher that posts on this site.

We are still allowed our opinions Gav....cheers anyway.🙄 let's be fair, he's had a decent 6 months in the last 3 seasons....now he's a sage

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Must be Mowbray's fault...You'll be blaming him for Prince Andrew next! 😀

Why is is not Mowbray's fault then Len?

1) Rothwell goes nowhere this month without the Club's say so.

2) By his own admission he had to talk the owners into letting him sell Rothwell.

Please explain.

• Like 2

Just now, booth said:

Really? I can think of 3 players off the top of my head I'd rather have on the team sheet.

Kaminski

Wharton

Lenihan

Van Hecke

Travis

Buckley

Brereton Diaz (preferably Diaz)

He wouldn't be in my top 5.

All this narrative on this board tonight is very surprising...

Rothwell has been in our top 3 players this season.....

Now he's shit🤣

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

He will probably have gone from 28k per month to 80k....so an extra 52k per month plus probably a half million signing fee....

I'd say that would get your attention.

And if he walked into my dressing room tomorrow on that premise after letting down his own team mates to help the rival I know what I would think of him. I know the answer footballers think differently because there special 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Shocking decision by the club. Weaken us, strengthen them for a small fee. Very poor. What does this say about our ambitions to go up? 

Mowbray: Im not "DAFT",.... he will only go if we have a equal replacement in,...

2 minutes ago, Roboftherovers82 said:

Found this while looking for transfer news according to this they are after Tony 

https://www.givemesport.com/1830430-next-west-brom-manager-58-yo-emerges-as-top-choice-to-replace-valerien-ismael

that is an incredibly poor piece, no mention of the fact that he got them promoted to the

Premier League.

Shocking journalism.

Mind you he was way out of his league once he got them up, straight back down with a very poor points total.

Just now, Boroblue said:

And if he walked into my dressing room tomorrow on that premise after letting down his own team mates to help the rival I know what I would think of him. I know the answer footballers think differently because there special 

It's business mate.  🤷‍♂️

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

All this narrative on this board tonight is very surprising...

Rothwell has been in our top 3 players this season.....

Now he's shit🤣

Where did I say he's shit? I just don't think we're reliant on him as some think we are, considering he can spend 80 minutes of a match jogging about, then go on a few mazy runs that lead to sweet fuck all.

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So it looks to be another window with a net transfer profit not requiring the owners to sanction additional funds - all our business will be covered with interest by the Rothwell fee

This is relevant because I had wondered at the start of the month if we would see evidence of the owners 'going for it' this month with the prize of promotion within reach and unless something drastic happens in the next 24 hours we can safely say that hasn't happened. 

3 incomings so far - a loan and two cheap deals for players out of contract at the end of the season, soon to be another multi-million sale. 

Whatever business is now done will be covered by the outgoings.

Without trawling through Mowbray's interviews again how many incomings do we need now? I seem to remember Sharpe saying he expected 2-3 to be done and that was before the Rothwell development and then Mowbray seemed to be saying he wanted a couple of proven signings to replace him.

He said last week that "permanent and loan deals are being looked at and should Rovers get deals over the line following positive talks this week, the squad would be looking strong for the final 18 games"

OK so Hedges is one of those. 

Other lesson is to not take what Mowbray says seriously. Only this week he declared in the Telegraph that Rothwell wouldn't be leaving and that Hedges wouldn't be joining this window.

Yesterday he said that the owners were adamant he wasn't being sold implying the only way he would be was if we could add two talented players in his place.

Looks to me like on those numbers we should be expecting 4 to arrive yet I have no confidence it will happen.

Hope I am wrong but this has 'monumental f*ck up' written all over it and could torpedo our season.

I don't trust them to reinvest because they didn't reinvest after selling Rhodes, Gestede, Cairney, Armstrong, Raya.

But even ignoring the Rothwell situation I don't think the business we have done so far is sufficient in view of the absences and lack of depth we have - the bench yesterday was the weakest I can remember and this is at the back end of a transfer window sitting in a position of strength.

I think last week, Hedges was a summer purchase and Rothwell was staying.

Since then Rothwell wants to leave, and Markanday is injured (for whom Hedges has come in).

I'd say we can take Tony seriously in a fast-moving situation.

• Like 1