BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 19/1/22

JRC ain't gonna be playing (as a RB/WB anyway), he pretty much had to play as Nyambe got suspended. We brought Zeefuik in till the end of the season, minimum, it would be pretty pointless doing that if he wasn't going to be involved, just a question of who is first choice in him and Nyambe. 

JRC just becomes an easy scapegoat because of people's love for Nyambe. He wasn't fit at all the other night but the change was forced upon us by another nobhead ref giving a ridiculous red card out. He needs to get himself fit for once and play some football for the U23s because the constant lack of match fitness is becoming beyond frustrating with him.

Its amazing how some people still rate Gallagher. Sorry guys, for a big like him, to not be able to get into physical battles is concerning. 

After 10 to 15 mins, i would have hauled him off, because as a manager, you shouldnt be afraid to make those sort of changes, whether its 10 mins in or 50 mins in.. we got undone by poor officiating, but also undone by a strange team selection, and poor performances by the players. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Its amazing how some people still rate Gallagher. Sorry guys, for a big like him, to not be able to get into physical battles is concerning. 

After 10 to 15 mins, i would have hauled him off, because as a manager, you shouldnt be afraid to make those sort of changes, whether its 10 mins in or 50 mins in.. we got undone by poor officiating, but also undone by a strange team selection, and poor performances by the players. 

He was given a lesson in the dark arts of forward play by the slightly smaller (according to google) Tom Eaves.

• Like 2

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Ossydave said:

JRC ain't gonna be playing (as a RB/WB anyway), he pretty much had to play as Nyambe got suspended. We brought Zeefuik in till the end of the season, minimum, it would be pretty pointless doing that if he wasn't going to be involved, just a question of who is first choice in him and Nyambe. 

JRC just becomes an easy scapegoat because of people's love for Nyambe. He wasn't fit at all the other night but the change was forced upon us by another nobhead ref giving a ridiculous red card out. He needs to get himself fit for once and play some football for the U23s because the constant lack of match fitness is becoming beyond frustrating with him.

Whilst I appreciate JRC wasn't fit, his performance wasn't just about lacking match fitness. He looked like he hadn't kicked a ball in years. He could barely control the ball, he couldn't tackle properly, I counted at least three times where he miskicked an attempted pass/cross completely, and he was positioning himself like he'd never played right back or indeed 11-a-side before. 

Now in fairness he has not been anywhere close to that bad in previous outings, so I'm not going to say that was normal for him, but it was still an atrocious performance and impossible to ignore. Probably a one off, but even so, I'd agree that he needs some serious injury-free time in the u23's before being recalled to the first team.

• Like 2

We all know from what we've seen in the past JRC is too flimsy for RB/RWB.  

We all know Gallagher in this seasons squad should not really be starting or be first choice to bring on over more creative players.

We also all know from the past 5 years evidence that our manager will keep trying things with the same players and positions that have never really worked. Despite having moved away from that for the first time ever this first half a season it'll come back to haunt.

Old habits die hard and it's a worry.

• Like 1

- I think it was ultimately just bad timing that we needed someone to fill in at RB when all of JRC, Zeefuik, and Brown apparently weren't up to speed (and Nyambe's two yellows were ridiculous in the first place, but I'm trying not to dwell on officiating too much...). Totally understand the frustration with JRC's lack of fitness, and his performance against Hull, but I think some are sleeping on him a bit given he's been out so long. He's got talent, but hopefully that game was also a wake up call for him.

- I certainly wouldn't start him at RB/RWB, keep him as the right-sided CB, but one thing I've liked about the back 3 is it has allowed Lenihan a lot more freedom to venture forward in an overlapping CB-esque fashion. He hasn't looked out of place supporting attacks down the wing. He can also challenge attackers high up knowing van Hecke and Wharton are hanging back as cover. Lenihan's generally quite good cutting off attacks, but his weakest moments can be exacerbated in a back 4 when he's too rash in the challenge, either picking up a yellow or exposing a lone CB behind him.

- Similarly, I wasn't so bothered about Dolan being the 'RWB' against Wigan (which was similarly bad timing on who we had available). I don't recall that looking too poor defensively (partly because Wigan were shit going forward) as Lenihan was giving him lots of support up and down the wing. More that Dolan just had an awful game trying to create anything on offence (and van Hecke struggled to fill Lenihan's role after he went off).

- Assuming Nyambe sticks around, I think we should ultimately be fine at RB with Zeefuik's arrival, maybe Brown impresses, and hopefully JRC gradually gets back up to speed.

I have an update on the postponed game for anybody that is interested.

After several emails to the EFL in which they refused to answer my questions they suggested I write to Rovers as they clearly weren't interested. I wrote to Lynsey Talbot who wrote back and said she had forwarded it to the Head of Communications. Within an hour I got a reply from the recently appointed Commercial Manager. To say I was disappointed with his response is an understatement so I wrote again telling him so. Several days later I hadn't had the courtesy of a reply so I wrote directly to Steve Waggott and included the communications I have had with the EFL and Rovers. I sent that email at 11.20 today and got a call from him at 13.45. The gist of the conversation was that there is an on going investigation with the EFL which has now got as far as their Legal Department who are now involved. He said he will keep us updated as and when there is some news. What he did say was that the game wasn't officially called off until 13.45 and his questions he wants answering are essentially the ones I have asked. These are:

What time were the Hull players tested?

What time the EFL were informed of the results?

What time the game was called off?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

After several emails to the EFL in which they refused to answer my questions they suggested I write to Rovers as they clearly weren't interested. I wrote to Lynsey Talbot who wrote back and said she had forwarded it to the Head of Communications. Within an hour I got a reply from the recently appointed Commercial Manager. To say I was disappointed with his response is an understatement so I wrote again telling him so. Several days later I hadn't had the courtesy of a reply so I wrote directly to Steve Waggott and included the communications I have had with the EFL and Rovers. I sent that email at 11.20 today and got a call from him at 13.45. The gist of the conversation was that there is an on going investigation with the EFL which has now got as far as their Legal Department who are now involved. He said he will keep us updated as and when there is some news. What he did say was that the game wasn't officially called off until 13.45 and his questions he wants answering are essentially the ones I have asked. These are:

Thanks Tony. Blimey if I were a Rovers player and I knew all that I would have come out of the traps a bit quicker than our lads did on Wednesday!

• Like 3

• Backroom
1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Can he add the refereeing performance from Wednesday's match to the complaint? It was bad enough to be illegal. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DE. said:

Can he add the refereeing performance from Wednesday's match to the complaint? It was bad enough to be illegal. 

We actually chatted about the three big decisions and it's probably the first time I've been in agreement with him. 😆😆

He was actually keen to seek my views as he is aware of my background and also the refereeing standards in general. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Called off too late to even cancel my hotel booking. A couple of hours earlier would have saved me the cost of the room at least.

22 minutes ago, arbitro said:

We actually chatted about the three big decisions and it's probably the first time I've been in agreement with him. 😆😆

He was actually keen to seek my views as he is aware of my background and also the refereeing standards in general. 

Fair play to him for calling back and confirming what we already knew, we were shafted.

3 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

Called off too late to even cancel my hotel booking. A couple of hours earlier would have saved me the cost of the room at least.

Was it you who had a reservation for your family? I actually mentioned to Waggott that somebody posted on BRFCS that the  postponement was too late to cancel a hotel reservation for himself and his family.

On 20/01/2022 at 10:00, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I believe I read somewhere last night that JRC’s pass completion rate was an appalling 50%. 

To be honest I am surprised it was that high! Needs to spend a few weeks in the under 23s as he was like a rabbit caught in headlights last night. My concern is that TM loves him - he always used to pick him over Nyambe - so I really wouldn’t be surprised to see him back in on Monday somewhere in the eleven.

Don’t just read it somewhere… view it for yourself here: https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/football/match/717077/hull-city-blackburn?tab=stats

F198ACDD-BC28-4B00-9197-BF9663134999.jpeg

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, J*B said:

Don’t just read it somewhere… view it for yourself here: https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/football/match/717077/hull-city-blackburn?tab=stats

F198ACDD-BC28-4B00-9197-BF9663134999.jpeg

Just read Gallagher's stats, fuck me.

41% pass completion. 0 key passes. 0 dribbles. 0 tackles. 0 blocks. 0 interceptions. 0 shots. 0 assists. 0 goals. 0 fouls. 0 fouled. 0 offside. 

Seriously, if that's accurate he might as well have not been on the pitch at all. An absolute non-entity.

• Like 2

• J*B unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, DE. said:

41% pass completion. 0 key passes. 0 dribbles. 0 tackles. 0 blocks. 0 interceptions. 0 shots. 0 assists. 0 goals. 0 fouls. 0 fouled. 0 offside. 

Seriously, if that's accurate he might as well have not been on the pitch at all. An absolute non-entity.

It was clear to anyone watching that we were playing with ten men.

2 hours ago, DE. said:

Bloody hell, getting stats like that is nearly impossible in a game of football.

19 hours ago, arbitro said:

Was it you who had a reservation for your family? I actually mentioned to Waggott that somebody posted on BRFCS that the  postponement was too late to cancel a hotel reservation for himself and his family.

We had 1 room booked but we met quite a few groups in the hotel who were in the same boat. Some went home but some stayed the night anyway. Some Hull fans travelling from down south were also affected.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

For anybody still interested I emailed Waggott again yesterday for an update after he told me on January 21st that the club's complaint was with the EFL Legal Department. He said he would keep me informed but I heard nothing. The reply I got (not from him) was:

Please be informed that I have forwarded your email to Steve. He his currently chasing the EFL’s response.

Frankly I don't believe for one second he is currently chasing the EFL but I am determined to get a response from him.

• Like 3