BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys Support for Promotion?

39 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm pretty sure (again not certain as I haven't had chance to check the rules) that you can't just decide to offer massive bonuses mid-season beyond what is set into the contracts. Also bonuses have to be declared to the authorities. 

I don't know for certain but I'd have thought we can offer our players whatever we  want whenever we want. However if we subsequently run into FFP problems further down the line as a result that's our bad.

As regards this latest story again I'm surmising but if true I'd have thought the players would already have had bonuses of some sort written into their contracts but these are vastly improved sums being offered in an attempt to get the soon to be out of contract trio to stay and just to give everyone that little bit of extra incentive bearing in mind this looks to be our best chance in over ten years.

32 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't know for certain but I'd have thought we can offer our players whatever we  want whenever we want. However if we subsequently run into FFP problems further down the line as a result that's our bad.

As regards this latest story again I'm surmising but if true I'd have thought the players would already have had bonuses of some sort written into their contracts but these are vastly improved sums being offered in an attempt to get the soon to be out of contract trio to stay and just to give everyone that little bit of extra incentive bearing in mind this looks to be our best chance in over ten years.

Correct we can offer players whatever we want and there is nothing stopping the owners offering the players £1 million a piece for promotion if they want it desperately enough.

What I'm getting at is that bonuses have to be declared and above board. There will be bonuses in their contracts - so it isn't as simple as saying that because we are doing well they will give them another bucket load of cash on top of that - they would have to insert that as a term into their contracts either by amending their contracts or by giving them new ones. That would be a complex job.

Otherwise what are the players relying on? Waggott's word? Some people on here might be daft enough to take what he says as the truth and not question it but I doubt players and their agents would do that - they would want this bonus system in writing and watertight which is where the contract comes in. 

These things can't be written on the back of a fag packet - there will have to be tight provisions for how much they get, when it gets paid, how long the Club have to cough up, differing amounts for different appearances etc. 

More likely of course is that all this is already in their existing contracts and will have been provided for when signed years ago. 

Perhaps Venkys offered substantial bonuses at that stage in comparison to other clubs.

I think the suggestion something has recently changed and that Balaji has suddenly dangled a big carrot for the players given their good position is unlikely.

• Like 2

Unlikely, but this is the bling world of the Raos. A sudden ostentatious gesture purely because the glamorous world of PL is on the horizon after a decade of not taking the remotest interest isn’t that much of a stretch when it comes to this lot… 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

I don't think so. I don't think you can just decide to insert new bonuses into deals half way through them. For this to be above board they would have to agree new deals with the players. The Football League have stringent rules on bonuses and what you can do. 

The likelihood is that promotion bonuses were inserted into all the players deals back when they signed them and therefore IF we ever get promoted we will have to pay a lot out money. That incentive has always been there and will be in just about every players contract at every club.

There is no way these bonuses are in the playing contracts already. 

2 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

If they can offer so much as a bonuses, surely they could tie down RN, DL and JR?

The money is for promotion, at which point the club earns 180m+ even with relegation after one season.

If you offered a similar amount now and stayed in the division, there’s potential of being hit with point dedications and transfer bans.

I’d obviously rather keep all those lads but I think the best way is promotion

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, El Tombro said:

There seem to be similar articles about a £10m bonus for Norwich from a couple of years ago. Is there really anything to see, here? Just seems like a non-story to me, and promotion bonuses for any squad are par for the course.

Under Lambert the Norwich squad unanimously decided that they would forsake individual game bonuses in favour of a much bigger bonus for promotion. It was win/win. The club were in the money and the players were too.

But the agreement was made before a ball was kicked.

Edited by arbitro

21 minutes ago, El Tombro said:

When you sign players on Football Manager (FM), don't you add in promotion bonus clauses? The real world will be more complicated than FM, but the principle of agreeing the financial incentives usually starts with the contract, doesn't it? That's not to say that an added bonus package is being included, or contracts are amended, mind.

I will Nicko on the bonus article and lets see what he says

42 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Under Lambert the Norwich squad unanimously decided that they would forsake individual game bonuses in favour of a much bigger bonus for promotion. It was win/win. The club were in the money and the players were too.

But the agreement was made before a ball was kicked.

Looks like the Norwich players may be after a similar deal next season! They are hellbent on relegation in this, I wonder if there is a rinse and repeat bonus?

• Like 1

It would go some way to explaining the huge upturn in form and effort suddenly this season. The players are like men possessed and even the manager and coaching staff look like they have blood pumping through their veins again.

Show me the moneeee ! 

• Like 2

On 27/12/2021 at 14:02, Bad Boy said:

This sounds like an excellent incentive to tie some of our want to be out wannabes.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/17145803/blackburn-venky-spromotion-bonus-premier-league-championship

risky business if it is how it says in the article, you can end up having players get dropped simply because theyre 1 or 2 games of trigering a big cash windfall, thats the kind of situation that led to a lot of trouble during the early venky years isnt it

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

risky business if the it is how it says in the article, you can end up having players get dropped simply because theyre 1 or 2 games of trigering a big cash windfall, thats the kind of situation that led to a lot of trouble during the early venky years isnt it

the crook anderson was basically running the club in the early venkys era,he wanted big sams players out and kentaro`s in,giving him a massive commision obviously,think thats were the issues of contract bonus caused the trouble,he did`nt want the players to get a big payout when he was about to offload them

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the crook anderson was basically running the club in the early venkys era,he wanted big sams players out and kentaro`s in,giving him a massive commision obviously,think thats were the issues of contract bonus caused the trouble,he did`nt want the players to get a big payout when he was about to offload them

I'm sure there was similar issues after Anderson/kean though even when Bowyer was manager, i may be remembering wrongly but sure there where instances of players not getting picked because it would trigger contract extensions and/or bonuses etc.. 

2 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I'm sure there was similar issues after Anderson/kean though even when Bowyer was manager, i may be remembering wrongly but sure there where instances of players not getting picked because it would trigger contract extensions and/or bonuses etc.. 

It's always been around in football that kind of thing to varying degrees i remember it being the case when Souness was here.

Now if we consider what a mess it was here from the moment Kean and co took over it's easy to assume the problems were 5 times what they might be at the normal clubs.

Edited by tomphil

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

It would go some way to explaining the huge upturn in form and effort suddenly this season. The players are like men possessed and even the manager and coaching staff look like they have blood pumping through their veins again.

Show me the moneeee ! 

It really does explain the near miraculous upturn in form!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

I thought he did what he did free of charge. He once had the place rocking, after a transfer window and worked that hard, he slept at the training center.

It can’t be easy unearthing talent that lives in your house, especially someone so good, he would walk into any side in the prem, other than the top six.

Im surprised the queen has overlooked him so far, as you don’t get such great people, turning up to enhance the beautiful game, every day of the week.

• Like 1