BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

this is a Burnley club thread right ?     You have a rivalry / animosity that's something like ours with Norwich and really feel like using some expletives right now what with our Cup defeat an hour or two back but have to refrain on another team's messageboard.  

Can't stand Burnley right now.    All right we took them to two games, we're leagues apart, they're the best in the championship and at the end of it all we can be proud of ourselves but just feel numb at the moment, the time inwhich they scored to beat us is hard to take.    People i.e. certain 'pundits' thought we would get hammered in the first game and then the replay but we took them all the  way and so very nearly pulled off what you could argubly call an 'upset'.      I'm proud of the team for their fight and spirit but it's a defeat all the same.    It's not as if we're going to play them next season to try and get one back over them FFS.

We haven't made the quarter-finals of the F.A. Cup since 1993 and that were the season Blackburn had a great  3 - 3  draw at Crystal Palace on the opening day - it's that far back - and had we won tonight we would have played Fleetwood at home and great chance of making it again after three decades away.     That's a major reason for hurt and anguish tonight.  

I can see why you don't like them.       We HOPE to join Blackburn Rovers in the Championship next August but with us, It's too many disappointments and missed opportunity.       IF we go up, tonight will have been forgotten about, but that defeat just now kind of hurts.     Got to be proud of the team one last time.  

2 hours ago, not exactly Scarface said:

this is a Burnley club thread right ?     You have a rivalry / animosity that's something like ours with Norwich and really feel like using some expletives right now what with our Cup defeat an hour or two back but have to refrain on another team's messageboard.  

Can't stand Burnley right now.    All right we took them to two games, we're leagues apart, they're the best in the championship and at the end of it all we can be proud of ourselves but just feel numb at the moment, the time inwhich they scored to beat us is hard to take.    People i.e. certain 'pundits' thought we would get hammered in the first game and then the replay but we took them all the  way and so very nearly pulled off what you could argubly call an 'upset'.      I'm proud of the team for their fight and spirit but it's a defeat all the same.    It's not as if we're going to play them next season to try and get one back over them FFS.

We haven't made the quarter-finals of the F.A. Cup since 1993 and that were the season Blackburn had a great  3 - 3  draw at Crystal Palace on the opening day - it's that far back - and had we won tonight we would have played Fleetwood at home and great chance of making it again after three decades away.     That's a major reason for hurt and anguish tonight.  

I can see why you don't like them.       We HOPE to join Blackburn Rovers in the Championship next August but with us, It's too many disappointments and missed opportunity.       IF we go up, tonight will have been forgotten about, but that defeat just now kind of hurts.     Got to be proud of the team one last time.  

Oh right 

4 hours ago, not exactly Scarface said:

It's more likely that we'll be joining Ipswich in League One in a year ortwo

The reason you don’t like Burnley is because you lost a game against Burnley reserves. So to come on here and try and find some kinship is pathetic. Then to compare our rivalry to the tinpot one you have with Norwich is also way off the mark. 

Just to add, your time wasting came back to bite you on the arse. Hope you had a nice journey home. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

You wouldn’t think it was much of a rivalry reading this thread…

It's far too cordial in this thread. Illustrates the fall in standards at this club that the current balance of power doesn't piss people off more. Instead we have Dingles (however well intentioned they claim to be) hanging around making subtle digs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

It's far too cordial in this thread. Illustrates the fall in standards at this club that the current balance of power doesn't piss people off more. Instead we have Dingles (however well intentioned they claim to be) hanging around making subtle digs.

Another thing which highlighted the damage done by this regime for me. We get thrashed by the Dingles in embarrassing fashion, yet there were some on here and elsewhere trying to brush it off as "it's only one game", "it's not the end of the world", "we weren't expected to beat them" and "we're still third". If that result and performance doesn't bother you, then what will, was my thought about all of that.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Another thing which highlighted the damage done by this regime for me. We get thrashed by the Dingles in embarrassing fashion, yet there were some on here and elsewhere trying to brush it off as "it's only one game", "it's not the end of the world", "we weren't expected to beat them" and "we're still third". If that result and performance doesn't bother you, then what will, was my thought about all of that.

What was more worrying was the playing staff and management seemed to be thinking along similar lines. Straight off to the airport for a break in the sun. I’d be laid down in a darkened room. The two local lads that would have given their right arm to play in that game were left out !

• Like 3

On 06/02/2023 at 17:04, Miller11 said:

Couldn’t be more right. 

I expected a defeat, but I also expected a performance befitting the occasion. Our performance was embarrassing and shameful, and those feelings stem from a lack of effort and fight.

Granted I was a kid at the time and sadly never made it as a paid player, but I remember the the fierce rivalry between the primary school I went to and the once closest to us. It made it worse, as we were the RC and the were C of E.

We never had a pitch at our primary school and they did and they saw us as the soppy Catholic kids. When it came to playing them on their own pitch twice, I was literally dragged off the pitch at the end, with my shorts and shirt almost hanging off and blood on my face on both occasions

As skipper, I made pretty fucking sure all my team mated knew exactly what it meant turning them over and a 1-0 and 2-0 victory in those two game never felt sweeter in my life.

I would love to think we will have a couple of our players feeling the same way come the return fixture at Ewood and hope for that reason the Wharton brothers both start the game.

So long as we see all the lads run through the proverbial brick wall next time, I would begrudgingly accept a defeat, but they better try this time and make sure limbs are sore and they are battle scarred, come what may.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Or if you want to wax lyrical unhindered on page after page of a Blackburn Rovers forum with like minded fans about what a great side Burnley are, do get involved.

This sites going the same was as the club Matty, nobody gives a shit, no perspective.

Edited by Gav

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Just had another of our six-fingered friends sign up @ClaretCardy .

Cardy! If you can have well natured-discussion with light hearted banter you're welcome to stay. Existing members if Cardy can't play nicely please standby on the report button.

Can tell they're winning a few games this season.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Gav said:

Celebrating the death of Jack Walker, but the mods will delete this, I'll not forget though.

We won’t, but he didn’t and we’ve checked, so can you stop saying it please?

• Like 5

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Gav said:

This sites going the same was as the club Matty, nobody gives a shit, no perspective.

We actually do and you wouldn’t believe how much time we spend moderating the site to be honest. People slag off the site all the time, but they’re still here, so it can’t be that bad!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Celebrating the death of Jack Walker, but the mods will delete this, I'll not forget though.

52 minutes ago, Gav said:

He couldn’t have slagged him off then if he wasn’t a member, Jesus wept…..

You’ve claimed this many times - and many times I’ve said I don’t recall this but all the same if I said anything out of order I apologise. I do have a hazy recollection of a discussion about how Jack Walker was likely delighted he was still living ‘rent free’ in the Burnley fans heads, I don’t recall celebrating his death on here or anywhere else.

But I’m amazed that despite your claims I wasn’t banned. If anything this place was less accommodating back then than it is today - and today opposition fans are removed for stepping over the line.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

We won’t, but he didn’t and we’ve checked, so can you stop saying it please?

Not true, I don't tell lies, I've no need to.

I was on here at the time and if he’s any backbone at all he’ll acknowledge what him and his mate said.

I've said my piece.

Edited by Gav

16 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

If anything this place was less accommodating back then than it is today - and today opposition fans are removed for stepping over the line.

There might also be a factor of the derby "dieing down a bit". It was much tastier when it mattered, and the better club won when it mattered, of course. Doesn't matter now at all. *scampers off into a corner to lick wounds* 😓

You are clearly one of the more elegant Dingles, and there's a 60/60 chance you don't have six digits on each of your six hands. You can stay.

But credit to the volunteers that often take stick from entitled and ungrateful anonymous users for giving up free time to keep this place intact. They deserve more recognition than they get.

• Like 4