BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

What we should really have done is given them to 2,000 free of charge.

That way, the club have offered a friendly gesture to them, that they would never repeat and those missing out, would be even more pissed off.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, XLM said:

They've been above us in the league for, what, a decade? And still the biggest issue for them is their allocation at Ewood. Our success in the 90s/00s has well and truly messed their heads up.

They have no idea how to handle it. I was born in the 80s and can honestly say I barely gave Burnley a second thought until 2000, and then promptly forgot about them again for nearly a decade.

We could be in the National League North and they'd still be desperately refreshing live scores at 4:40 on a Saturday in the hope that Kings Lynn scrape an equaliser. It's so unbelievably small time that it's beyond funny, through to excruciating and back around to funny again. And the fact that their chairman has felt the need to get involved while they're walking to promotion just shows that it's going to take a hell of a long time for them to overcome it.

Never change dingles, it's a comfort to know that no matter how bad it may get at Rovers, you'll always be there to break our fall.

"Forever in our shadow" is their current line. 

It's like everything pre 10 years ago never happened.

• Like 1

• Backroom

It took disastrous foreign ownership reducing the club to a zombie-like state and parasitical agents leeching the club of everything decent for Burnley to finally claw themselves above us. If they want to crow about that then fine, but if that was how I'd gained superiority I'd probably keep quiet over what would be a hollow victory at best.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, XLM said:

They've been above us in the league for, what, a decade? And still the biggest issue for them is their allocation at Ewood. Our success in the 90s/00s has well and truly messed their heads up.

They have no idea how to handle it. I was born in the 80s and can honestly say I barely gave Burnley a second thought until 2000, and then promptly forgot about them again for nearly a decade.

We could be in the National League North and they'd still be desperately refreshing live scores at 4:40 on a Saturday in the hope that Kings Lynn scrape an equaliser. It's so unbelievably small time that it's beyond funny, through to excruciating and back around to funny again. And the fact that their chairman has felt the need to get involved while they're walking to promotion just shows that it's going to take a hell of a long time for them to overcome it.

Never change dingles, it's a comfort to know that no matter how bad it may get at Rovers, you'll always be there to break our fall.

You could say the same about Rovers away fans. All our lot sing about is Burnley and how much they "hate the Burnley b****** till my dying day". I find it all a bit pathetic to be honest

Growing up in the 1960s and 70s when Burnley were the dominant team they were very much part of our lives - as anyone who attended school at the time would testify we were on the defensive most of the time. 

When Rovers were in the second division there was a group of us who used to go over to Turf Moor when Rovers were away to get our fix of first division football (always supporting the other team of course). I'm ambivalent towards them most of the time now - I don't like most of their fans and would always hope we crush them in derby matches but otherwise in a one to one would always back a Lancashire town club against any of the southern teams 

I'm not sure why the East Lancs rivalry is particularly fierce - it's been suggested it goes back to the heyday of the textile industry when the towns' factories were competing against each other for business. I don't know about that but sometimes the football rivalry goes over the top and is downright unhealthy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

You could say the same about Rovers away fans. All our lot sing about is Burnley and how much they "hate the Burnley b****** till my dying day". I find it all a bit pathetic to be honest

Growing up in the 1960s and 70s when Burnley were the dominant team they were very much part of our lives - as anyone who attended school at the time would testify we were on the defensive most of the time. 

When Rovers were in the second division there was a group of us who used to go over to Turf Moor when Rovers were away to get our fix of first division football (always supporting the other team of course). I'm ambivalent towards them most of the time now - I don't like most of their fans and would always hope we crush them in derby matches but otherwise in a one to one would always back a Lancashire town club against any of the southern teams 

I'm not sure why the East Lancs rivalry is particularly fierce - it's been suggested it goes back to the heyday of the textile industry when the towns' factories were competing against each other for business. I don't know about that but sometimes the football rivalry goes over the top and is downright unhealthy

No Nay Never

18 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Dingles release a statement about it.

Cry more.

"We always try to do what is best for fans... Unless it means me putting my hand in my own pocket. Whoops, relegation. Whoops, accounts fuck up, embargo." Alan Pace.

Your salty tears will taste so much sweeter when it all comes tumbling down, which it will.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Groundhog said:

I'm amazed by that statement released by the club and their chairman Alan Pace. Either they genuinely feely aggrieved and something has broken down in the process, or they're completely irresponsible. What a way to rile up both sets of fans.

It's an easy point scoring exercise for him. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, XLM said:

Totally agree with this and it's been the same for me - being born in the mid-80's, Burnley never registered to me.

They were always in the lower end of the leagues, whilst we challenged for the Prem title, main rivals being Man Utd.

Whilst I appreciate the rivalry goes back much further than that, they've always been the strangely obsessed little cousin to me. I've worked and lived over that way and they take it all so seriously, it's hilarious.

Their reaction to this allocation just reminds me of that mentality. They shouldn't care; they'll probably go up this season and this match means very little in the grand scheme of things to them. For us, it's an opportunity to pick up more points as we aim to stay in the top 6.

If them having a smaller set of fans cheering them on helps us on the pitch in even the smallest way, the club has 100% done the right thing.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Andy said:

If them having a smaller set of fans cheering them on helps us on the pitch in even the smallest way, the club has 100% done the right thing.

Therefore we should do it for all the other clubs we play between now and the end of the season,  especially Norwich, Coventry and Luton.

If we did get in the play offs, we should give the away fans only 2000 then as well.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Groundhog said:

I'm amazed by that statement released by the club and their chairman Alan Pace. Either they genuinely feely aggrieved and something has broken down in the process, or they're completely irresponsible. What a way to rile up both sets of fans.

It's just another foreigner with a complete lack of understanding of the situation and history,totally irresponsible. 

The irony is that Burnley have made the conscious decision to reduce the away allocation to the minimum permitted,they could have left it at 4000. 

Maybe they should have consulted Rovers first to ask their opinion and ask for permission. 

Maybe it's time for Pace to spend some more of everyone else's money and make the ground bigger for our benefit. 

Edited by M_B
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

Therefore we should do it for all the other clubs we play between now and the end of the season,  especially Norwich, Coventry and Luton.

If we did get in the play offs, we should give the away fans only 2000 then as well.

But, and hear me out, wouldn't it be funnier if we gave everyone else the entire Darwen End?

• Like 4

Small mentality from small time fans of a small time club.

They should buy a replica of the 2nd division trophy cos I've no ide what it looks like. I know what the premier league trophy looks like though. 

07763EAA00000514-3083278-Shearer_and_Sutton_lifting_the_Premiership_trophy_after_their_su-a-42_1431696029177.jpg

Also, weren't they saying that this isjust another game for them earlier in the season? 

Edited by Upside Down

30 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Is the financial problems of ex-players & staff really an avenue a Rovers fan wishes to go down ? 🙄 

Let me guess, you spend your time researching that because that’s a hobby of yours as well?

By the way, Bellamy is an ex Rover too, so it’s not like we are taking the piss out of the dingles on this one 

Genuine question - is there anything about the Rovers you don’t know? 😉

19 hours ago, Hasta said:

My point being, for the UTC crowd viewing and commenting on this, is that if we genuinely are reducing your allocation because we believe it gives us an advantage on the pitch then we should be doing it to all clubs we play. But we aren’t. Personally I have no idea and think you should have at least all the top tier (3k)

What I do know is someone suggested to me after the game was rearranged, but long before the announcement was made, that it was going to be low. This was because we have a home game a few days later, and there was concern regarding the state that the toilets, tvs etc would be left in at Ewood after previous visits. I suppose this leaves half of the BBE lower and all the upper undamaged for Luton.  That was from ‘a friend of a friend who works at the club’. I took it as nonsense at the time and still think it probably is, but here we are.

Edited by Hasta

48 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Let me guess, you spend your time researching that because that’s a hobby of yours as well?

By the way, Bellamy is an ex Rover too, so it’s not like we are taking the piss out of the dingles on this one 

Genuine question - is there anything about the Rovers you don’t know? 😉

I imagine, if nothing else, he doesn’t know what the Venkys get out of owning the club 🤔