BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

Just now, yankfan said:

Rothwell was too, supposedly. So who knows what actually gets over the line. 

Conflicting reports on fee agreed but Philips and Woodman are official and Cantwell and Moore are having medicals. Don't think it's gonna be a Rothwell case on any of them.

• Backroom
24 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I swear I read earlier via Sharpe or similar that Giles was expected to be done sooner rather than later today. And that was first thing this morning!

Even that is seeming a bit of an uphill battle to get over the line.

I feel like we'll hold back and announce all at once, whether that's just Giles or a couple of others.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Decent signings by Bournemouth but surely the number of them, shows he isn't happy with his squad and how they are playing. We played them off the park not long back and their result's have been poor. It smacks of despiration to me. We have made and need maybe a couple more smart signings. Giles would be a start and would calm everyone down a bit 😅 

There’s something to be said about the sum of the parts being better than their individual talents. You can buy whoever you like, but if they can’t play together they’re shite. Look at Reading and their wages/squad. Can’t underestimate a group pulling together. Hopefully Rothwell has taken his medicine and comes back in fully committed. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, yankfan said:

There’s something to be said about the sum of the parts being better than their individual talents. You can buy whoever you like, but if they can’t play together they’re shite. Look at Reading and their wages/squad. Can’t underestimate a group pulling together. Hopefully Rothwell has taken his medicine and comes back in fully committed. 

Not really the point, which is Bournemouth now have a bigger squad of quality players. Ours is paper thin - and it only takes injuries and / or loss of form and we've no one else to step up. The Luton match was a case in point

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Not really the point, which is Bournemouth now have a bigger squad of quality players. Ours is paper thin - and it only takes injuries and / or loss of form and we've no one else to step up. The Luton match was a case in point

You are right on the paper thin comment. We need to add more than what we have already.