BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Nottingham Forest (h) - 9/2/22

29 minutes ago, alcd said:

Rovers are a mid-table team which had a purple patch - against some of the weakest teams such as Pboro/Brum- and is now "reverting to the mean". Time is up for Mowbray. 

Mowbray believed the hype and took his foot off the gas. I think the team did amazingly well to get to second but it was obvious to anyone watching that we at the very least needed a goalscorer. Also a defensive midfielder and if he wants to play with a false 9, someone better suited to that role than Buckley. On the goals scored chart there's Brereton on 20, then Gallagher on 6 and below that Khadra on 4, then the rest have 2 or less. That alone should have been enough to concern the manager, I don't know what he was thinking.

Along with his transfer cock up, his treatment of Nyambe is so unprofessional.

• Like 4

I’m probably one of the biggest moaners on here but I thought we played decently, on another day we get a result but we didn’t last night and that’s football. I thought Forest’s defensive organisation was poor and they were saved a couple of times by good last ditch challenges from good Championship defenders (Cook). We were always going to go through a rocky patch but if Forest are the best team in the league at the minute, we have nothing to fear from anyone between now and the end of the season.

56 minutes ago, booth said:

Mowbray believed the hype and took his foot off the gas. I think the team did amazingly well to get to second but it was obvious to anyone watching that we at the very least needed a goalscorer. Also a defensive midfielder and if he wants to play with a false 9, someone better suited to that role than Buckley. On the goals scored chart there's Brereton on 20, then Gallagher on 6 and below that Khadra on 4, then the rest have 2 or less. That alone should have been enough to concern the manager, I don't know what he was thinking.

Along with his transfer cock up, his treatment of Nyambe is so unprofessional.

Agree with all of this. You and I spotted the desperate need for more firepower yonks ago, yet nobody at the club seemingly did despite having a glaring opportunity to address things in the transfer window.

The other thing about his handling of Nyambe, is Ryan is clearly a well liked member of the team, one of, if not the, longest serving players at the club. I can't imagine a few at least will be happy with TM's man management here and we need every single person at the club pulling in the same direction at the moment. He is one stubborn old goat at times.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Agree with all of this. You and I spotted the desperate need for more firepower yonks ago, yet nobody at the club seemingly did despite having a glaring opportunity to address things in the transfer window.

The other thing about his handling of Nyambe, is Ryan is clearly a well liked member of the team, one of, if not the, longest serving players at the club. I can't imagine a few at least will be happy with TM's man management here and we need every single person at the club pulling in the same direction at the moment. He is one stubborn old goat at times.

Nyambe and Lenihan seem very pally on the pitch, over the last few months they’ve built up a phenomenal understanding. There is frequent communication and acknowledgement between the two. 

Lenihan was visibly furious with Zeefuik last night when something else didn’t come off a few minutes after Zeefuik got in the way of his attempted ball into the box. That’s not all on Zeefuik, he’s not completely drilled to the way we play like Nyambe is.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

What annoyed me was the sentiment that “ We don’t play like that anymore so we don’t need a central striker “. Anybody who thought that our opponents would let us play the way we want until the end of the season needs to think again. That was never going to happen and we should have been preparing for plan B.

• Like 4

Buckley obviously needs to finish those, but I also thought it was an exceptional toetip save from Samba (and it was also a desperate block from their defender on Brereton's follow-up chance, which was really close too). Maybe I need to watch it again, but agggh.

Cook surprised me as I lazily assumed he was a fading former PL defender who Bournemouth had just binned off, but he made some vital plays at the back for them. Not as old as I thought too at 30...

Zeefuik has the potential to be a fan favourite as it's clear he puts in maximum effort, but I am starting to worry about his technical ability... I suppose he's auditioning for the RB/RWB spot after all, so we'll see...

33 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Nyambe and Lenihan seem very pally on the pitch, over the last few months they’ve built up a phenomenal understanding. There is frequent communication and acknowledgement between the two. 

Lenihan was visibly furious with Zeefuik last night when something else didn’t come off a few minutes after Zeefuik got in the way of his attempted ball into the box. That’s not all on Zeefuik, he’s not completely drilled to the way we play like Nyambe is.

I saw Lenihen i think it was in deep conversation with Zeefuik just before the second half kicked off after they came back out. Looked like he was trying to get a point across then Zeefuik just strolled over towards the riverside chucked his bottle down, ignored the applause and wandered back.

Ho looked lost most of the time last night, although he might turn out ok dropping Nyambe for him was the manager dropping a ball. 

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I saw Lenihen i think it was in deep conversation with Zeefuik just before the second half kicked off after they came back out. Looked like he was trying to get a point across then Zeefuik just strolled over towards the riverside chucked his bottle down, ignored the applause and wandered back.

Ho looked lost most of the time last night, although he might turn out ok dropping Nyambe for him was the manager dropping a ball. 

Yeah whoever thought he was better than Nyambe needs to think again. Pure supposition on my part but I think that clash with Davies and Zeefuik would have ended differently if it would have been Davies and Nyambe.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah whoever thought he was better than Nyambe needs to think again. Pure supposition on my part but I think that clash with Davies and Zeefuik would have ended differently if it would have been Davies and Nyambe.

One of NYambes main attributes compared to others is his sheer strength and iv'e seen nothing in Zeefuick to say he's better at anything. He's looked no better going forwards at all and certainly no better defensively although he's quick and competitive at least.

Pretty obvious to me they had eyes on shunting Nyambe this window for a few quid and it hasn't happened. So now we have two guys almost identical and a manager who has to try and justify signing one of them. He ain't here to be left on the bench as back up that's for sure so he'll be in a different role again next match probably. 

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I still can’t believe buckleys miss, I don’t know which was worse that one or Swansea. Like literally absolute sitters , been bigging the lad up to opposition fans all year but how can you defend those. Simply not good enough 

He shouldn’t be playing anywhere near the goals, it’s not his game.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Any players knows it was a toe bunger and break the net lad......he couldn't shape his body to strike it so he should have toed it 

Like a fluffy pea roller....quite apt for young Bucko. His goal return is very poor and his shooting is terrible.  I'd much prefer whiteman in my midfield, nobbers loving Ben👍 big strong lad who can pass and dictate.

Edited by Sparks Rover

Thinking though, any Buckley goal I remember was a scuffed/deflected shot. Last night was an absolute shocker of a miss 

Maybe swap him and Rothwell? Otherwise get Dolan in there and move Buckeky back to Rothwells position. Should have cashed in on Rothwell I reckon 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Any players knows it was a toe bunger and break the net lad......he couldn't shape his body to strike it so he should have toed it 

Like a fluffy pea roller....quite apt for young Bucko.

Yes you’re right. It’s harder than it looks to get onto a ball that’s played into you from that angle from behind. If a toe poke is good enough finish for Romario it’s good enough for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Thinking though, any Buckley goal I remember was a scuffed/deflected shot. 

Maybe swap him and Rothwell? Otherwise get Dolan in there and move Buckeky back to Rothwells position. Should have cashed in on Rothwell I reckon 

Look at Garner’s involvement last night and look at Rothwell’s. And to think we nearly signed Garner on loan a year or two ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Don't overcomplicate it guys, he just needed to put it in the corner, high or low. Simple as that 

He had no time to shape his body, or he didn't know how to, not playing in his natural position.....just toe bung it when short of time in front of goal. Like Ronaldinho 

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He had no time to shape his body, or he didn't know how to, not playing in his natural position.....just toe bung it when short of time in front of goal. Like Ronaldinho 

Just do anything except what he actually did 🤣 The keeper had committed to the dive before he kicked it. Brutal miss. Dack would have stuck that no doubt about it 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I get that and agree but the lad is still a midfielder that needs to finish those chances, if he can’t do even basic finishes then his career is going to be the lower leagues. For one that’s meant to have accurate passing it was a simple moderate pace into the corner if he wasn’t confident of putting his foot through it. I’m fairly confident I could have finished it from that position, aim at the right post with a touch of bend 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I get that and agree but the lad is still a midfielder that needs to finish those chances, if he can’t do even basic finishes then his career is going to be the lower leagues. For one that’s meant to have accurate passing it was a simple moderate pace into the corner if he wasn’t confident of putting his foot through it. I’m fairly confident I could have finished it from that position, aim at the right post with a touch of bend 

As we’ve discussed in another thread - he never managed to get his body into position for that sort of shot. 

31 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I still can’t believe buckleys miss, I don’t know which was worse that one or Swansea. Like literally absolute sitters , been bigging the lad up to opposition fans all year but how can you defend those. Simply not good enough 

Time for him to stay behind for extra shooting training! If Shearer did an hour on his own every day when everyone else had left Buckley should be doing at least the same. He's cost Rovers dearly the last two games and it's nonsense to make excuses for him. He's a professional footballer who should be able to add better finishing to his skill set

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

As we’ve discussed in another thread - he never managed to get his body into position for that sort of shot. 

A proper goal scorer would have knocked it to the keepers right, which also used Buckleys body position and momentum best.

If he wanted to be frilly feign left and hammer right side.

• Like 1