BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Nottingham Forest (h) - 9/2/22

I hope Darragh’s offering up a huge round of apologies for that b*lock he dropped tonight. A shameful decision by the captain and reminiscent of the Lenihan from previous years. 

Hard to see where we go from here. Bruce’s first home game on Monday when they’ve been terrible for weeks, so that’s a ‘license to print money’ in Mercer terms for WBA to romp home.

Really am so dejected and upset tonight. For me it’s the night my promotion dream ended as there’s not a chance that this team or manager are going up. Gutted.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

Oh, I had forgotten Giles was playing. Seems like he is brilliant everywhere except here?

It's was weird - the entire game we were looking for the long diagonal to Zeefuik who did nothing with it. Giles was starved of the ball. Forest did a good marking job in him but was expecting much all.

Want him to be successful but Zeefuik seems no offensively better than Nyambe and defensively much much worse.

• Like 6

Dolan looked fresh when he came on. I'd play him next match for Buckley who needs a rest to think about the universe.

Ayala in for Lenihan, Nyambe in for Zeefuik. Unfortunately we have noone to replace Giles so he'll get another chance. As long as Giles is playing we might as well stick BBD and Gally up top.

• Like 6

We are not good enough to sustain a proper promotion push , we did very well to reach 2nd place...That unfortunately was our glass ceiling in over achievement ...We will do well to get 6th place ...

In my time of watching Rovers , we have gained promotion to the Premier league twice , how many of the squad today would have got into the starting 11 in Kennys or Soueys squads ???

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, LDRover said:

The lad can play, no doubt about it but he is definitely a false 9. I only say that because a true number 9 would've buried that chance tonight.

Square pegs in round holes works a treat for Tony. He must have known he wanted to play this season with a false 9 for two transfer windows so why didn't he bring in someone appropriate for that role?

• Like 2

This is beginning to remind me of a (couple?) of years ago when after a run of indifferent form we had a settled team and formation for about 5-6 games and ended up with something like 13+ points. Sticks in the mind a bit as Downing was left back for some of it. It was heartening to see a plan and settled team but once the run was over we didn't get near to getting it back. Once off track we seem to be well and truly derailed. Sad times.  

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

We'll get some form back when it's too late and we'll be chasing the pack, ultimately falling short.

This is the only glimmer of hope we have. We’re screwed for February and at least half of March, but in true Mowbray style we’ll hit a purple patch at some point between now and the end of the season. 

It’s so infuriating how predictable this all is under him.

8 minutes ago, Heinz said:

Its also interesting that whenever we are a goal down, mowbrays substitutions absolutely make no sense in terms of formations or anything, the players no longer know what to do or where to play, everybody plays out of position and its a free for all hoping that something might happen, but usually it never does

Hedges for Zeefuik was an all or nothing move almost at the death. Other than that it was like for like in terms of formation. Sam was subbed on just when Lenihan was sent off, so naturally there will be a little bit of confusion at that moment. Still, we were the better team in the second half.

Buckley's missed two sitters now, that's the difference between us losing and still sitting in second. It's also the difference that would take his game to the next level.

Forest edged it assisted by a poor referee. But again if we'd have started game as we started second half the result could have gone our way. Can only put that down to Mowbray's inability to motivate from the start. Looks like we are in for one of those Februarys. 

4 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

We are not good enough to sustain a proper promotion push , we did very well to reach 2nd place...That unfortunately was our glass ceiling in over achievement ...We will do well to get 6th place ...

In my time of watching Rovers , we have gained promotion to the Premier league twice , how many of the squad today would have got into the starting 11 in Kennys or Soueys squads ???

None

• Like 1

Just now, alcd said:

Buckley looks like he's in Dreamland at times. Lacks awareness and is always back on his heels when a chance presents itself. No chance of PL clubs being interested in him until he shows more conviction.

His effort was so tame it was unbelievable. How can he be so bad in front of goal?

• Like 1