BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Nottingham Forest (h) - 9/2/22

4 minutes ago, alcd said:

No end product from Rothwell - again.

No end Product? Rothwell to me had a decent game, certainly is by far our best player with regards to pressing…also had a few decent runs…the finger for “no end product” is Buckley…you could say the lad has literally cost us 6 points.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 3

4 goals in EIGHTY appearances for Buckley. 2 of them were huge deflections vs Sheff Wed and Charlton, and the other two 6 yard tap ins vs Stoke and Birmingham. (Not that 6 yard tap ins are a given, apparently)

Our "False 9" for the past 16 games in a row = 1 in 20 goalscorer (or) 0.05 goals per 90 minutes over his CAREER. He has 1 goal this season, 1 goal in 13 months.... and is played as a fucking #9! 

I blame Mowbray for consistent pathetic use of the lad. What the fuck are we doing.

Need a serious reshape of the team again now Tony. either drop Buckley down the pitch (which probably means an end to the 5-2-3 - or drop him from the team for Dack, Dolan or (right now) Gallagher.

• Like 4

Gallagher was a revelation when he came on the pitch. He MUST sustain that intensity in his next performance. We all know he has it in his locker which is why he so frustrating when he doesn't show it.

A weak referee and a very, very naive challenge from Lenihan really ended hopes of anything although I feel like the sending off rather spurred us on. Had Lenihan stayed on the pitch would likely have been a similar result.

It feels like the balloon is deflating and we need a couple of solid results pronto to get the pep back in our step.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The story is that Nyambe and his agent met with the Rovers hierarchy on Monday and the impasse continued with regard to the new contract so Mowbray dropped him. That is from an impeccable source. That in my view is nothing short of scandalous from Mowbray who weakened us before a ball was kicked. And to bring Hedges on ahead of Nyambe to play right back in a four told me everything about good guy Mowbray. 

Whilst we were on the good run we had eight or nine players playing well which was enough to get us over the line. Now we only have a handful playing well and it's really showing. Khadra, Buckley, Brereton, Rothwell, Giles, Lenihan, Van Hecke and Zeefuik were mediocre tonight. I really think we should have pushed the boat out in the recent window to kick on but we only improved the squad marginally and now I fear that we won't even make the playoffs. 

In the week before the end of January there were 3 meetings with Nyambe’s agent.  An improved offer was made however the agent would not shift with regards to Nyambe’s demands.  It sounds like stalemate.  Maybe ‘his head was in the wrong place’.

34 minutes ago, Bad Boy said:

Lenihan needs a rocket up his backside for that sending off.  I believe the first yellow was his tenth and the follow up for the sending off means he misses two games. 

And just like that, we are one CB injury or suspension away from having to change formation or put a non-CB there. Again, sending Carter out was a mistake, even if he grows from it.

• Like 3

Three players really worried me tonight.

1. Buckley.  How many cheap misses can he be responsible for?  What happens in training?

2. Lenihan. What was he doing with those impetuous bookings.  I believe that will result in a 2 game suspension.

3. Zeefuck.  A headless chicken who created nothing and provided very little of note.

• Like 3

Not surprised Mowbray dropped Nyambe, called it. Not surprised it cost us either.

Lenihan completely lost his head long before he picked up that stupid second yellow. At one point he was screaming at Zeefuik in front of the Jack Walker stand and I wouldn’t have been surprised to see him leather him if he’d been stood closer. 

Travis was decent until he decided to basically give up on anything to do with the ball and focus all his efforts in trying to get their players sent off and commit sneaky fouls.

That miss from Buckley is a fucking disgrace.

Really pissed off with that tonight. For the second game in a row, Mowbray has hamstrung us by making unenforced changes.

Hoping Dack can come back and rescue our season at this point.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bad Boy said:

Three players really worried me tonight.

1. Buckley.  How many cheap misses can he be responsible for?  What happens in training?

2. Lenihan. What was he doing with those impetuous bookings.  I believe that will result in a 2 game suspension.

3. Zeefuck.  A headless chicken who created nothing and provided very little of note.

1. Buckley replace with Dolan

2.Lenihan replace with Ayala.

3. Zeefuik replace with Nyambe.

Not difficult to work out. Will Mowbray see it ?

• Like 4

We got beat by a good team, it happens. They moved the ball well and looked much more incisive in their passing and movement off the ball. They had a centre forward who played like a centre forward. How many of our strikers would have still been on their feet after that series of challenges he rode ? I thought the ref didn’t give us much but Lenihan proved to be a liability again. You’re the captain and you’re already on a yellow card - you must stay on your feet and not go diving in on the half way line.

I thought Dolan looked lively when he came on, I’d drop Buckley and play him in Buckley’s place on Monday. Khadra is just a runner, there’s no end product. We lost our shape completely at the end, just throwing forwards on is amateur hour stuff. Nyambe should have come on for Zefuik. Van Hecke was terrible for the pen, he should have let the lad go, cover was coming across and the lad could have easily missed that chance. Rothwell perked up towards the end but he was missing for most of the game. Brererton was back being Brererton, the two long shots he had - the goalie just threw his cap on them.

All in all the bad run continues - time for plan B I think.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Not surprised Mowbray dropped Nyambe, called it. Not surprised it cost us either.

Lenihan completely lost his head long before he picked up that stupid second yellow. At one point he was screaming at Zeefuik in front of the Jack Walker stand and I wouldn’t have been surprised to see him leather him if he’d been stood closer. 

Travis was decent until he decided to basically give up on anything to do with the ball and focus all his efforts in trying to get their players sent off and commit sneaky fouls.

That miss from Buckley is a fucking disgrace.

Really pissed off with that tonight. For the second game in a row, Mowbray has hamstrung us by making unenforced changes.

Hoping Dack can come back and rescue our season at this point.

zeefuick had a shocking first half but did improve in the 2nd,he`s struggling to adapt to english football though imo

the buckley miss was indeed shocking,the turning point of the game

mowbray just can`t help himself when it comes to f*****g about with the formation,rothwell to deep and buckley in completely the wrong position,ffs tony go back to what started this winning run,3/5/2

there was`nt a great deal of difference  between us and forest,two evenly matched sides,they took their big chance and we fluffed ours

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

We aren't even going to make the playoffs. Boro and Forest can both catch us in the next few games and have games in hand to aid their cause.

We'll get some form back when it's too late and we'll be chasing the pack, ultimately falling short.

Standard Mowbray, too little, too late.

Well the good news is he didn't spend any money in January, so we're not stuck with unwanted players for the new manager. 

• Like 1

No ifs but or maybes dropping Nyambe for a lesser player (again) has cost us that first goal tonight, Not only that it just wasn't working down that right hand side from the off.  ZF was lost out there tonight, a pointless change and it' at the managers door no one else's.

Secondly and even more infuriating the officials !!!  Absolutely dire how many times does this have to happen ?  Sadly i think we have a bit of a reputation now for being fiesty and shithousery. They are all too quick to blow the whistle against Rovers every time there is a coming together on the pitch. We don't help this though as we do give away far far too many needless niggles being competitive is one thing but stupid is another.

First half rubbish although Forest i didn't think were anything much better just another average team with their tales up. Their manager had his tactics spot on though as expected.

Second half we definitely deserved something although it was inevitable they'd kill it off the longer we didn't score. Gallagher was tremendous but again hooking Khadra was wrong imo. He always seems to get pulled just when he's getting into it, i like Dolan but i didn't think he'd make much difference and he didn't.

Buckley - Good player, has come on leaps and bounds but he's been a weak link recently i think it's time for a rest. Back to the Nyambe thing it makes me so angry when for so long we've strived for balance and a decent back line. Then when we get one the manager seems intent on bolloxing it up over the usual stubborn nonsense.

Thought the crowd was good tonight particularly the BBE not seen it that animated for a long time, shame tensions nearly boiled over. The officials can take the lions share of that though along with the angst and what we now know is the predicted familiar death spiral.

Not good either to see their keeper trying to play the victim and make it all about himself.

Tonight was a bad night.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Disappointing to put it mildly.

Forest better than Rovers all over the field.  Impressed with them.  Spencer, Davies, Garner and then Sturridge all looked bright and real players (as Souey would say).

Tinker man Tony struck again.

Our best defender equipped to handle Davies dropped - Davies waltzed through think it was at least four of our players to set-up the goal and wouldn't have left Nyambe on his backside as he did Zeefuik.

Shaky tonight in defence - Van Hecke poor, Wharton looked out of his depth and Lenihan, IMO, must truly be lacking upstairs (got the Swansea lad unfairly sent off by feigning a head injury and tonight karma struck back!).  

Zeefuik disappointed and looks off the pace, Buckley little boy lost, Travis useless with the ball, Rothwell not involved enough (focus gone) and Giles was up against a good 'un and Cooper had done his homework.

Brereton looks knackered whilst Khadra flatters to deceive too often.   

Cooper is bright as a button and has worked wonders with Forest.  It's what hungry, bright and innovative managers do.  ON your way Mowbray, five years is more than enough - time for change and a new manager who will make a REAL difference.

The Swansea lad karate kicked him in the torso. Nothing unfair about that second yellow card. 

• Like 2

Forest were without two of their top three goal scorers in Grabban and Zinckernagel. The latter was on the bench and replaced in the line-up by Jack Colback. I wonder if that was a decision to add more defensive strength to the middle of the park by Cooper, or whether simply necessitated by injury or fitness issues.

Forest got the Villa forward, Keinan Davis, in January, on loan, and he could be the man to propel the team up the league. He's the type of striker that we could have done with to bolster our forward line. We could do with a defensive midfielder too, to support Travis.

With Lenihan suspended, we're an injury away from Bradley Johnson as a centre back. He'll do a job, perhaps, but it would be a concern against mobile forwards.

All in all, the January transfer window efforts by Mowbray haven't come to fruition and there remain notable gaps, exacerbated by sending some reserve players away. However, clearly the incoming players need to time to fit in and I wouldn't judge them too harshly yet.

Edited by riverholmes

Regardless of the reason, dropping Nyambe destabilised us before a ball was kicked. Please dont underestimate the impact of this. 

The team had to learn how to play with two new wing-backs. That was optimistic to say the least. 

Cooper smothered Giles and Brereton, and the rest couldn't score even if you placed the ball in the area and said 'go on, just beat the keeper'....oh....

We were trying too hard from the 1st whistle, Lenihan was on speed, and although it contributed to him making some committed, effective challenges and regularly winning/nicking the ball, I thought it was only going to end one way. He played like he was on 3 yellows, not nine. What the justification for the 2nd booking challenge was, I've no idea. No composure tonight, just muscle and endeavour. It was Sunday League decision making. Pitiful. 

Composure was again the issue, just like Saturday. As often as not, we fell over when running into the box, as it was just headless or head-down. 

I asked yesterday if anyone could point to one reason why tonight would be any better than the last 8 games. No one should be surprised that we hardly tested Samba, we just do not threaten in the final 3rd, despite our endeavour. 

I think the criticism of Buckley is OTT, he deserves his place. He won the ball numerous times, and played calm, creative passes, but I agree, he has to start slotting home one in 3 of these chances. 

If we had started with Nyambe, I think we would have had a chance, but this result has been coming for weeks and weeks. 

Destabilised, and defeated, whilst our manager continues his personal, internal feuds. 

The ref and other smokescreens must not cloud the facts about our recent barren run.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, garnersfags said:

Regardless of the reason, dropping Nyambe destabilised us before a ball was kicked. Please dont underestimate the impact of this. 

The team had to learn how to play with two new wing-backs. That was optimistic to say the least. 

Cooper smothered Giles and Brereton, and the rest couldn't score even if you placed the ball in the area and said 'go on, just beat the keeper'....oh....

We were trying too hard from the 1st whistle, Lenihan was on speed, and although it contributed to him making some committed, effective challenges and regularly winning/nicking the ball, I thought it was only going to end one way. He played like he was on 3 yellows, not nine. What the justification for the 2nd booking challenge was, I've no idea. No composure tonight, just muscle and endeavour. It was Sunday League decision making. Pitiful. 

Composure was again the issue, just like Saturday. As often as not, we fell over when running into the box, as it was just headless or head-down. 

I asked yesterday if anyone could point to one reason why tonight would be any better than the last 8 games. No one should be surprised that we hardly tested Samba, we just do not threaten in the final 3rd, despite our endeavour. 

I think the criticism of Buckley is OTT, he deserves his place. He won the ball numerous times, and played calm, creative passes, but I agree, he has to start slotting home one in 3 of these chances. 

If we had started with Nyambe, I think we would have had a chance, but this result has been coming for weeks and weeks. 

Destabilised, and defeated, whilst our manager continues his personal, internal feuds. 

The ref and other smokescreens must not cloud the facts about our recent barren run.

Buckley needs to play in midfield not up the front.

• Like 1