BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Nottingham Forest (h) - 9/2/22

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

My mate objectively watched the game last night. He does some LOI scouting. Spoke with him this morning. His take was the following 

Our right back is poor 

Wharton and Van Hecke are good. 

Dolan and Gallagher should have started. 

Rothwell is frustrating as you can see he is good on the ball, but doesn't do much with it. 

Buckley wasteful. 

Travis a scrapper, but doesn't contribute anything going forward 

Said we gave it a spirited go with 10,but that Forest always looked in control. 

What did he think of Lenihan?

When I continued to want Mowbray out most people said to me," Look at the league table". After 5 years of Tony Mowbray surely we can see that he is an average manager at best.

Oh how I wish we had Steve Cooper and his backroom boys. Look how he has turned around a struggling side who, last night, played us off the park. Best team (apart from Fulham) to come to Ewood this season.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, bazza said:

When I continued to want Mowbray out most people said to me," Look at the league table". After 5 years of Tony Mowbray surely we can see that he is an average manager at best.

Oh how I wish we had Steve Cooper and his backroom boys. Look how he has turned around a struggling side who, last night, played us off the park. Best team (apart from Fulham) to come to Ewood this season.

But we are third with a much smaller budget than anyone around us. Third in a season where we lost Armstrong and Elliott and most of us thought we'd be mid to lower end of the table. Third in a season that we haven't had our best player available for a single game. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

But we are third with a much smaller budget than anyone around us. Third in a season where we lost Armstrong and Elliott and most of us thought we'd be mid to lower end of the table. Third in a season that we haven't had our best player available for a single game. 

But mowbray is still so limited , we need a dynamic manager in so we dont feel like we are going to the gun fight with a knife in our pocket 

36 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

But mowbray is still so limited , we need a dynamic manager in so we dont feel like we are going to the gun fight with a knife in our pocket 

Such an opinion is so one sided because it doesnt credit Mowbray for his ability to get us right in contention. This season, he very much has not been that knife in our pocket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Such an opinion is so one sided because it doesnt credit Mowbray for his ability to get us right in contention. This season, he very much has not been that knife in our pocket.

Don’t agree at all , bog mediocre manager who has got results despite his limitations this year but when it gets to the business end he is found wanting again and again 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
9 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Don’t agree at all , bog mediocre manager who has got results despite his limitations this year but when it gets to the business end he is found wanting again and again 

Whilst obviously I agree that better managers exist, it’s just incredibly petty not to give credit where it’s due.

If it’s his fault when we lose, then it’s his fault when we win in fairness.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

We're not really third are we when the chasers have played their games in hand? Anyway 3rd,4th,5th and 6th are all the same to me--the play-offs are a lottery and automatic promotion is the goal.

You confident we'll get one of those 6 positions?

21 hours ago, Miller11 said:

One for the stattos here:

This seasons points per game WITH Nyambe: 2

This seasons points per game WITHOUT Nyambe: 0.88

Still waiting for someone to give me one logical reason for dropping him.

I imagine thats very similar to, if not slightly worse than, our record with Pickering at left back?

10 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

I imagine thats very similar to, if not slightly worse than, our record with Pickering at left back?

Very possibly. I’ll try and find out later. Regardless of any stats we were visibly so much more solid with that settled back five. Moving away from it by choice seems negligent.

24 minutes ago, 47er said:

We're not really third are we when the chasers have played their games in hand? Anyway 3rd,4th,5th and 6th are all the same to me--the play-offs are a lottery and automatic promotion is the goal.

If he does manage to squeeze us into the playoffs it would be a tremendous achievement from the season as a whole, if we miss out it would obviously be disappointing considering where we are. 

@Wegerleswiggle has is spot on above, look at the teams we're competing with, Forest for example have spent over 30m in recent seasons assembling that side, we've spent £2.99 in the bargain basement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

No

The game is up IMO. Managers have worked out how we play; Tony doesn’t have an alternative that works and resorted to tinkering; and the squad is too thin and lacking quality - the January window was a big disappointment. 

Crucially, Brereton has lost form and a bit of confidence and without his goals we’ve no one to fill the breach. Goals from the midfield players are almost non-existent 

I expect us to finish 8th or lower

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Whilst obviously I agree that better managers exist, it’s just incredibly petty not to give credit where it’s due.

If it’s his fault when we lose, then it’s his fault when we win in fairness.

Have gave credit where it’s due this season though, I’m also not going to change my mind that he isn’t a great manager and have been one of the biggest campaigners for wanting him gone for the past few seasons. Hardly petty when the same mistakes are on repeat 

• Like 3