BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Nottingham Forest (h) - 9/2/22

9 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

One for the stattos here:

This seasons points per game WITH Nyambe: 2

This seasons points per game WITHOUT Nyambe: 0.88

Still waiting for someone to give me one logical reason for dropping him.

Not saying there was a reason to drop him - but those stats are misleading - as it is only recently that we have had a right back available to cover for him. I would also argue that the reason we lost last night was down to Buckley not being able to score and Lenihan being a plonker - rather than Nyambe being dropped/rested/whatever the latest TM reason is. Stats always need to be taken in context - or there is a risk of doing a Boris 🙂

• Moderation Lead
10 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

https://www.sportbible.com/football/nottingham-forest-fan-managed-to-sneak-a-massive-speaker-in-ewood-park-20220210?source=facebook

at least forest fans enjoyed themselves.

How are they getting that into the ground though?

Someone once got a live chicken in, can’t be that difficult….

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

As we’ve discussed in another thread - he never managed to get his body into position for that sort of shot. 

He had time to get in any position he wanted. Lad has obviously grown up with a ball so I find it strange that he doesn’t know simple finishing , anybody that’s played at any sort of level even weekly fives learns how to finish those sort of chances. He was dead centre as well so had the whole goal to aim at. It just looks lazy like he was trying to make it more stylish than it had to be. I’d have him dedicated finishing practise until he got the message. Our team in general aren’t good strikers of the ball , rothwell doesn’t hit a hard ball either, breretons shots can be weak, Dolan is powder puff too. I think Travis can hit it fairly well but last few years he seems reluctant to do it. Johnson is maybe the only one I can think of that can get a bit of oomph behind a shot but he is done physically. Telling at the free kick we got at the edge of their d, I couldn’t think of who was going to take it or have any confidence in anyone that did( rothwell did and wasted) 

• Backroom
27 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Was pettiness to punish him over the contract fiasco surely. 

Which i would be on board with if we were slumming it in our usual 13th odd place.

But this is a once in a decade opportunity to reach the Prem. So we should just be swallowing our pride, admitting he's sodding off in the summer, and sticking him out there and saying give us everything for the next 3 months.

I sense Tony isn't good at swallowing pride tho. 

• Like 4

This miss was worse than Swansea for sure. It was a simple, simple finish and the keeper shouldn't have stood a chance. He should not be playing in that position now unfortunately and I'd consider dropping him for the next game, unless he's going to start putting his foot through the ball properly!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

He had time to get in any position he wanted. Lad has obviously grown up with a ball so I find it strange that he doesn’t know simple finishing , anybody that’s played at any sort of level even weekly fives learns how to finish those sort of chances. He was dead centre as well so had the whole goal to aim at. It just looks lazy like he was trying to make it more stylish than it had to be. I’d have him dedicated finishing practise until he got the message. Our team in general aren’t good strikers of the ball , rothwell doesn’t hit a hard ball either, breretons shots can be weak, Dolan is powder puff too. I think Travis can hit it fairly well but last few years he seems reluctant to do it. Johnson is maybe the only one I can think of that can get a bit of oomph behind a shot but he is done physically. Telling at the free kick we got at the edge of their d, I couldn’t think of who was going to take it or have any confidence in anyone that did( rothwell did and wasted) 

Gallagher can give the ball a good thump but does it so rarely.

If hes on the field the next time we get a close in freekick try Giles.

Buckley has been at Rovers for 16 of his 22 years. I too cannot understand how he is so useless when given a scoring chance, brain freeze or showing off.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Best Post of the night imo.

I really don't see why there's a distinction in Mowbray's head between Nyambe and Zeefuick. So what if Nyambe has declined to sign a new deal thus far? You're not telling me there's the slightest chance Zeefuik will still be here next season either if we don't go up. There's no way imo we'd spend €3m on a RB when we don't even seem prepared to invest that on a goalscorer. And that's even assuming he'd be worth 3m. On what we've seen so far you'd struggle to pay 300k for him.

Secondly, if I were the owners I'd be fuming. They've generously agreed to forgo the chance of any fees for the 3 amigos so that Mowbray could have them at his disposal for the last 18 games to give us the best possible chance of promotion. Then, the manager won't play him! You simply couldn't make it up.

It's breaking my heart to see Mowbray wrecking our promotion chances by refusing to put our best eleven players out on the pitch - Khedra and Brereton last Saturday, Nyambe tonight. We will never get a better chance of automatic promotion than the one we've seemingly spurned due to a really poor window and the managers idiosyncrasies. And who knows when we'll be in a position to even challenge for the play offs again if a stream of our best players are constantly allowed to walk out for nothing.

Like Moyes last night it's Mowbray's job to put the best team possible out on the pitch for the football Club and leave personal feelings aside. I thought Moyes on balance was wrong but then again Nyambe hasn't really done anything wrong off the pitch and has always been impeccable on it so there's no comparison.

There was only a bid for one of them, and the manager was willing to consider selling him and reinvesting the proceeds on 2 or 3 signings to help in the short and long term but was not given the autonomy to do that.

From the side that started last night, 6 players are only here for this season, so it is a massive assumption to suggest that Nyambe was dropped due to his contractual situation.

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Gallagher can give the ball a good thump but does it so rarely.

If hes on the field the next time we get a close in freekick try Giles.

Buckley has been at Rovers for 16 of his 22 years. I too cannot understand how he is so useless when given a scoring chance, brain freeze or showing off.

Yea mind boggling.

I yearn for the days of a Steven reid thunderbolt - saw him in the forest dugout , an early years mgp or tugay masterclass . Hell even savage could put his foot through it when needed 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Silas said:

Was pettiness to punish him over the contract fiasco surely. 

Which i would be on board with if we were slumming it in our usual 13th odd place.

But this is a once in a decade opportunity to reach the Prem. So we should just be swallowing our pride, admitting he's sodding off in the summer, and sticking him out there and saying give us everything for the next 3 months.

I sense Tony isn't good at swallowing pride tho. 

Not having that when Lenihan and Rothwell both played. He obviously thought Zeefuik was suited to this game, after 5 mins it was obvious though that he was not. 

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

There was only a bid for one of them, and the manager was willing to consider selling him and reinvesting the proceeds on 2 or 3 signings to help in the short and long term but was not given the autonomy to do that.

From the side that started last night, 6 players are only here for this season, so it is a massive assumption to suggest that Nyambe was dropped due to his contractual situation.

Not yet seen any reasons given for Nyambe being dropped and the fact that he didn’t replace the injured Zeefuik is puzzling.

but then again Mowbray isn’t going to admit spitting his dummy out is he? Pathetic management

34 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

One stat that needs a mention is that Forest were the better team and deserved the points.

Meanwhile we can use our pussy and plonker as crutches.

Goals change matches - it would have been a different match if Buckley had scored. Our success so far this season has been built on scoring first - and then hitting on the break. Forest appear to be set up very similar to ourselves - to hit teams on the break - how they would have done if we had scored first - difficult to say.

4 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Goals change matches - it would have been a different match if Buckley had scored. Our success so far this season has been built on scoring first - and then hitting on the break. Forest appear to be set up very similar to ourselves - to hit teams on the break - how they would have done if we had scored first - difficult to say.

Yes I can buy that but Forest did have quality all over the pitch and bench.

Replacing the excellent Davis with a very decent Surridge an example of that.

I was going to name their good players but its easier to name those who had a poor game. None.

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yes I can buy that but Forest did have quality all over the pitch and bench.

Replacing the excellent Davis with a very decent Surridge an example of that.

I was going to name their good players but its easier to name those who had a poor game. None.

And that’s when two of their best players, the right winger and right back were  relatively quiet.

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

One for the stattos here:

This seasons points per game WITH Nyambe: 2

This seasons points per game WITHOUT Nyambe: 0.88

Because he'll be easy to replace for a couple of hundred grand or the flimsy fragile kid from the U23s......

• Like 2