BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Nottingham Forest (h) - 9/2/22

Buckley should not have started today after Swansea, I don't know the stats but it seems he gives away the ball at least half the time he gets it and his inability to score open goals is unforgivable at this level. 

Also Wharton was poor tonight again, lunging in for the forest goal was misjudged and for the second game in a row he headed towards goal wasteful ly while in the opossition box when he could have squared it 

Seems to be the case that we just don't know how to respond when we go behind, clear absence of cool heads evident, it was panic from the half hour mark until 97 minutes

22 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

We are not good enough to sustain a proper promotion push , we did very well to reach 2nd place...That unfortunately was our glass ceiling in over achievement ...We will do well to get 6th place ...

In my time of watching Rovers , we have gained promotion to the Premier league twice , how many of the squad today would have got into the starting 11 in Kennys or Soueys squads ???

I would say no one.

• Like 3

Quick thoughts.

Buckley has gone off the boil. As he’s playing so far forward, Id put Khadra in that position and bring Gally in.

Sitting in line with the linesman on the JW side, he was atrocious. Never up with play, got several decisions wrong and it sums him up he didnt even know the basic offside rules. He waited for the attacker to get to the ball before he flagged and then made the free kick be taken from when he received touched the ball rather than when he was offside when the ball was played.

Nyambe may be better that Zeeifuk going both ways - not just defending.

We’ve been sussed  by teams sitting deeper and we know from experience we don’t change and never have a plan B.

If you throw a bottle on the pitch you’re a nob.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

Lenihan needs a rocket up his backside for that sending off.  I believe the first yellow was his tenth and the follow up for the sending off means he misses two games.  Buckley I reckon is also on 10 and is therefore suspended for WBA.

Mowbray taking off Khadra was bizarre, he was our only creative player.  As for Rothwell he needs a bollocking as well for that stupid yellow - he only started playing in the last 20 minutes.  For all our effort in the 2nd half we never looked like scoring.  It was an easy win for Forest.

Edited by Bad Boy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Next 5 matches: WBA(A) / Millwall (H) / Sheff U (A) / QPR (H) / Fulham (A).

We’ll be out of the play offs after that lot. 

Horrible run. Need points our next two games as they get progressively harder. 

The adage of getting straight back on the horse is key in the championship. Boro did that after their loss to us, and other have done it too. Problem is when we fall off the horse we go into town have a coffee and a walk before even contemplating getting back on the horse. Our bounceback- ability is woefully poor. 

• Like 1

Huge credit to the 10 men - a huge effort.

IMO there isn't too much difference between that game and games during our unbeaten run - other than the rub of the green.

Second game we would probably have won if Buckley had taken his chance. I think he needs resting - possibly Dolan coming back to fitness will give us a different option. I would play Gallagher and Diaz in the next match.

We all know top 2 was a stretch - but still a chance of top 6.

• Like 2

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Next 5 matches: WBA (A) / Millwall (H) / Sheff U (A) / QPR (H) / Fulham (A).

We’ll be out of the play offs after that lot. 

Will be surprised if we score more than a couple in those fixtures. Mental how we've gone from scoring so many to suddenly looking like the most inept team in the Championship in front of goal. We must be up there at this point! 2 goals in 7 games. Could easily see it becoming 2 in 12 at this rate. We really are dire.

12 minutes ago, BigBar said:

I won't hold my breath but he should be dropped for any other attacker at the club.

To me he's a number 10 but then so is Dack and Rothwell. He needs to play behind a front 2 ideally.

Our lack of central strikers is a the root of this. We are an unbalanced side.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

We may get points v Millwall. That's it.

Sheff Utd and Fulham away are losses, end of. WBA, Bruce’s first home match, Baggies on a bad run. How many times before have we gifted teams the three points in similar scenarios?! Leaves us with QPR amd Millwall at home. Like you I only see a potential victory against Millwall out of all that lot.

I'm very concerned about a number of players.. 

I think Ayala back could be a blessing in disguise, very decent defender / leader but also means we might actually do something from a set piece!

Based on tonight Zefeeuik is a total headless chicken, we need much better! 

What happened to Giles from the other night? 

Rothwell was generally poor, Buckley again very poor tonight..

Van Heck / Travis / Khadra / Dolan and Gallagher only ones to come out with any credit to be honest! 

Mowbray has no plan B.. we go a goal behind and we are done.. is it two goals in 6 games we have scored now.? Worrying times.. hoping the death spiral is quick and we go on another run... 

10 minutes ago, renrag said:

That is the Law now regarding where the kick is taken from.Andy Bayesian made the same mistake a few games back, when the free kick was taken in the opposing teams own half

It looks like you may be right reading the rule.

So if a long ball if punted up field and Brereton chases it down the wing from the halfway line, finally gets to the ball level with the penalty area and the flag goes up, the defending team is ‘penalised’ by having the free kick on the edge of their own area instead of on the half way line. Odd.

Edited by Hasta

48 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Maybe it will take him time to get fit and up to speed but so far Zeefuik has been poor in every game.

He's a headless chicken. Poor ball control and lacks composure. Probably even worse than JRC at wing back - and that's not saying much. On his showings so far - and I doubt he'll improve - there's no way he should be signed to replace Nyambe.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

I'm very concerned about a number of players.. 

I think Ayala back could be a blessing in disguise, very decent defender / leader but also means we might actually do something from a set piece!

Based on tonight Zefeeuik is a total headless chicken, we need much better! 

What happened to Giles from the other night? 

Rothwell was generally poor, Buckley again very poor tonight..

Van Heck / Travis / Khadra / Dolan and Gallagher only ones to come out with any credit to be honest! 

Mowbray has no plan B.. we go a goal behind and we are done.. is it two goals in 6 games we have scored now.? Worrying times.. hoping the death spiral is quick and we go on another run... 

No end product from Rothwell - again.

• Like 2