BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

42 minutes ago, neophox said:

Relax....JDT wants to asses squad in Portugal... after this week he will adress our weaknesses and which young guns he think can make it to the first team and the ones who wont..... think theres a last chance for Magloire, Butterworth, Vale and Barnes....

Magloire is 24 in a few months, can't see him ever being good enough. For his own career he needs to leave and start playing some football.

• Like 7

• Moderation Lead

I’ve never understood the comments about the number of pages before a signing. If the club had made some signings, we’d have that to talk about. As it happens, they haven’t, so we haven’t. 
TLDR- we’ve no incomings to discuss, so we have to talk about outgoings.

It’s not all that deep….

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He looked a player before he had the long term back injury. Speaking as a long time sufferer those sorts of injuries are not easily overcome.

I know that feeling, I have rods and screws in my back from the bottom to most of the way up from a car accident 20 yrs ago, It’s a psychological block you have to get over, and adapt to.

3 minutes ago, pomster said:

I know that feeling, I have rods and screws in my back from the bottom to most of the way up from a car accident 20 yrs ago, It’s a psychological block you have to get over, and adapt to.

I’ve just got a long term herniated disc. Nothing too bad but limiting in terms of playing sport, gardening etc.  Lifting  bags of sand or cement out of the boot of the car is a real no no. 1 hours 5 a side football and after 45 minutes I was struggling to bend.

25 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’ve never understood the comments about the number of pages before a signing. If the club had made some signings, we’d have that to talk about. As it happens, they haven’t, so we haven’t. 
TLDR- we’ve no incomings to discuss, so we have to talk about outgoings.

It’s not all that deep….

It’s a gauge of how much people can waffle on about nothing more than anything else…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

So basically he was saying let me sell to buy or i won't bring in what we need with the bit i have to spend ?

No - remove the Rothwell scenario from the equation - he had money to spend irrespective and refused to buy and loan two strikers - 1 a PL player loanee from Man City and a purchase of another! That money was never spent even though it was there for him to use.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

What’s the issue in discussing contracts in a transfer threads? It obviously relates to the playing budget, so is relevant.

I don't think anyone is saying it is not relevant. Just that it has run it's course.

7 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

No - remove the Rothwell scenario from the equation - he had money to spend irrespective and refused to buy and loan two strikers - 1 a PL player loanee from Man City and a purchase of another! That money was never spent even though it was there for him to use.

Saint Tony ladies and gents.

Really believed in a promotion push that fella.

• Like 1

I think it comes with a change of regime but we haven't been linked with anyone really aside from the Bosnian fella.

Usually we are linked all over the shop. Is that a sign of the season ahead? Top clubs may be unwilling to loan out their best players with the World Cup in the middle of the season. There's every reason to suspect they may come back with a list of injuries after a guelling winter campaign. We might struggle to see the likes of Harvey Elliott or even a Khadra/Van Hecke status of loanee

I hope we pull up trees for the Bosnian. Sounds highly rated and at 6 foot 4 is what we need. I'd love if we can tempt van Hecke back, honestly one of my favourite loanees in recent memory. Loved him to bits and if he had scored THAT goal it would have been goal of the season for me even though it was a tap in 😄

I am hoping GB is working behind the scenes and managing to keep things under wraps. Sharpe has never been the type of journo to go for inside scoops so we are lost on that front but since the Bosnian talk there's not been a peep about any player whatsoever. Time is ticking!

Maybe i'm all burnt out from Mowbray and Venkys Rovers on this, but i genuinely don't think anything is happening on the transfer front and it will be after the Accy game where JDT has had a good look at all his players in a game situation before we start to make any moves.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Ha ha, yeah right.  His contract is coming to an end, he's in 2nd place and Venkys say spend spend spend Tony, get us up!!!???  With no impact on him he's in a no lose situation , so I don't believe for a moment he had  money and chose not to spend it.....absolute drivel

With money spent we would have got at least a play off and his next move would be assured either way.  

Now he's unemployed and the money sitting there for JDT eh?  Should be tonnes now can't wait

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Ha ha, yeah right.  His contract is coming to an end, he's in 2nd place and Venkys say spend spend spend Tony, get us up!!!???  With no impact on him he's in a no lose situation , so I don't believe for a moment he had  money and chose not to spend it.....absolute drivel

With money spent we would have got at least a play off and his next move would be assured either way.  

Now he's unemployed and the money sitting there for JDT eh?  Should be tonnes now can't wait

I can believe it - and it possibly came down to loyalty to existing players, or not wanting to disrupt the team spirit that took us so far. Whatever the reason, was obviously the wrong call.

By all accounts he called the Rothwell situation right - though he wasn't awful ,he wasn't the same player in the second half of the season. So he was possibly right to say sell to invest - which we can all agree with the benefit of hindsight.

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Believe what you want but there are others on this forum who are also party to the same information from a different source!

I think you underestimate the amount of behind the scenes fall out there was which all contributed to the spectacular fall from 2nd spot

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I think you underestimate the amount of behind the scenes fall out there was which all contributed to the spectacular fall from 2nd spot

We have had that same collapse 3 out of the last 4 seasons, did the same happen in the others too?

Obviously last seasons was highlighted more because we were 2nd going to 8th rather than 7/8th going to 15th.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

We have had that same collapse 3 out of the last 4 seasons, did the same happen in the others too?

Obviously last seasons was highlighted more because we were 2nd going to 8th rather than 7/8th going to 15th.

Personally, I think TM was trolling the Venkys with his baffling team selections and desire to underperform - he was, by all accounts, livid about their lack of direct communication with him, and very unhappy with having to manage with hands tied behind his back.

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

His transfer record is very mixed (plenty of good and bad) and I wanted him sacked both this summer and last. I defend him when say things that are blatantly untrue ie one of (you have previously said the) worst managers ever. Just a bog standard one who did ok overall.

But owners should never overrule the manager on footballing decisions. If they dont trust the manager they should sack the manager and do at normal football clubs.

As Phili has said Jack Walker used to do it when he was the owner of our club.  You will find some clubs like Spurs under Levy did it when Harry Redknapp or Mauricio Pochettino was there. Or Chelsea and Manchester United under Jose Mourinho. 

Simple question, if you were owner of a football club would you not be asking serious questions of your manager before authorising signings? in order to make sure it was the right deal for your club you own

6 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I may have missed it... did we sign Cantwell?

JDT and his staff are assessing the squad in Portugal before they make their moves in the transfer market. 

4 hours ago, Tricky said:

transfer deadline isnt for another two months yet, plenty of time.

correct there. Given that it has been reported we only looking for 6 signings according to the LT. We need to make sure we get the right signings. 

4 hours ago, neophox said:

Relax....JDT wants to asses squad in Portugal... after this week he will adress our weaknesses and which young guns he think can make it to the first team and the ones who wont..... think theres a last chance for Magloire, Butterworth, Vale and Barnes....

This is exactly what JDT and GB have said they wanted to do in interviews before the training camp so I don't know why anyone expect signings in so early. Its clear what the plan was.