BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 hours ago, unleaded said:

Rovers keeping tabs on Veljko Birmančević

…. 

The attacking left sided Right  footed midfielder who is dubbed the Serbian Foden is high on JDT wanted list …..

Serbian Foden

Rovers Are also  tracking Oxfords Cameron Brannagan …..Scored 14 from Midfield….

Oxfords First team Scout who just joined Rovers last week has pushed him to GB …….. 

59C35DFB-117D-4057-B379-C3EAE319F257.jpeg

Cameron Brannagan is a player I have mention several times on here. Solid player who can score goals from centre of midfield. This is what we need. It was solid signing. 

Veljko Birmančević would get a work permit and He has played for JDT so its no surprise he was one or two of players he worked with before. 

2 hours ago, Blandy said:

A  few cryptic tweets from Nixon but it looks like Rovers may be in the race for Anel Ahmedhodzic. 

we have been linked to him for the past couple of weeks. 

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

can`t disclose mate,security reasons,if i told you id`e have to kill you,very exciting names though,i think we`ll be thrilled😐

That's fine Simon. I can fully understand that you have to keep things quiet and not reveal your sources. 

If you thrilled by it then clearly its a exciting players that you rated

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, roverandout said:

Wait a minute first rovers are a far bigger club than Sheffield utd second rovers are a top 10 club

On what basis? Their fan base is miles bigger than ours…

The Serbian chap looks interesting.

Brannigan would be a decent signing, too. Was at Liverpool as a kid, even played a few games for them in the Prem at a very young age.

Does score a lot, but he's also Oxford's penalty taker, which helps.

Also, let's not panic and trust the process - we don't just need players in, we need the right players in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy said:

The Serbian chap looks interesting.

Brannigan would be a decent signing, too. Was at Liverpool as a kid, even played a few games for them in the Prem at a very young age.

Does score a lot, but he's also Oxford's penalty taker, which helps.

Also, let's not panic and trust the process - we don't just need players in, we need the right players in.

I'm nervous just because of who our owners are lol but the players we are being linked with, cantwell, Anel, brannigan ect are hopefully a sign we are targeting the right sort of player 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I think it's a sign that we're looking for players who we need for the starting XI. I can understand the need for squad fillers and that tired term "helping the group", but maybe we're now looking at our academy to do the squad filling (and they'll get their chance), and looking at fewer but better quality signings in the transfer market. I like the idea of that if that's the case.

Yes, Exactly what is needed .........if it happens.

Even more so than usual this time round having lost three first team regulars due to Mowbray and Waggott's negligence. Plus the usual summer exodus of loanees which leaves us scratching about as normal.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

There was nothing to suggest that anyone bid for the first two, and the intention would have been to reinvest the Rothwell money, something not allowed when Armstrong sold, so financially it would have made no difference, they didn't write off any money. 

It should be left to the manager and relevant associated staff to make such decisions.

It was not "not allowed" when Armstrong left, Obafemi turned us down and Maja failed a medical here.

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

TM only left because his contract happened to have run out, Swag, despite his colossal incompetence year after year, is still here.

I think I know where the negligence at this club emanates from… 

Don't disagree on either of the above.

It's surely down to the manager and CEO to identify and prioritise the key assets in the squad however.......

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It was not "not allowed" when Armstrong left, Obafemi turned us down and Maja failed a medical here.

Obafemi would have been part of the Armstrong deal and Maja was a loan deal. 

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's surely down to the manager and CEO to identify and prioritise the key assets in the squad however.......

We had been trying to renew their contracts for 2 years, the contracts that were renewed in a similar time frame were either existing senior players, younger players or in Dack's case a player recovering from serious injury. Those 3 would have required considerable rises from their last deals when their stock wasn't half as high as it became. The budget seemingly doesn't have much flexibility at all due to heavy cuts that come from the top, not Waggott. He is incompetent but his main failings are not in this area.

One of those key assets could have been sold at considerable profit but the owners prevented that.

Out of interest, do you agree or disagree that owners shouldn't be interfering like they did in January?

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Of course it is, but if they repeatedly fail to do so, what should happen to them?

Edited by Mattyblue

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

can`t disclose mate,security reasons,if i told you id`e have to kill you,very exciting names though,i think we`ll be thrilled😐

Must admit, was hoping for some fireworks myself next week, anyone who's out of contract will be a free agent by 00.01 Saturday morning so it might concentrate a few minds and start the ball rolling.

Not really, as you always ignore the root cause. The likes of TM and Swag only plod on year after year because the owners pay them handsomely to do so, end of. They only make a mess because of the owners, end of. But with you, you make out that the owners are at the mercy of rogue employees and they are as helpless as we are, merely spectators hiding behind a Pune sofa.

It’s their negligence, it’s their mess, it’s their decimated ST base, it’s their rump of a club.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, goozburger said:

I think it's a sign that we're looking for players who we need for the starting XI. I can understand the need for squad fillers and that tired term "helping the group", but maybe we're now looking at our academy to do the squad filling (and they'll get their chance), and looking at fewer but better quality signings in the transfer market. I like the idea of that if that's the case.

100%. I would much rather us sign 4 quality players who improve our starting 11 that 6/7 that provide us with squad depth. The talent in our academy should be more than enough to fill up the squad, with players such as Garret, Phillips, Wharton and Vale all good enough imo to have a bit-part impact. 

Priorities for me have to be:

1 RB: 

Cody Drameh (1m) - young full back from leeds impressed on loan at cardiff last season and is available

Josh Key (500k) - another young promising player who has been proven in the lower leagues. Was linked in jan. 

1 CB:

Ahmedhodvic (loan to buy/3m) - would be top tier signing 

Phil jones - Blackburn lad and great experience. Can we keep him fit?

Van Hecke - could become available on loan later on in the Window

2 CM:

Brannagn (1m) - 14 goals at Oxford last season. Box to box

Camara (500k) - Powerhouse midfielder, impressed at Plymouth last season 

Jason Knight (1m) - Very Solid championship midfielder

1 Forward/Winger:

Dembele (loan) - can’t see Bournemouth using him much next season 

Khadra (loan/1m) - has a very high ceiling imo

Obvisously it looks a different picture if Diaz was the go but business on that sort of line would put us in good shape I reckon

Edited by TruRover
  • Like 3

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Ricky said:

I’d feel more confident of JDT convincing a player to sign for us than I would have Mowbray. 

Just a flash of that smile. That damned smile 😍

• Like 3

4 hours ago, roverandout said:

Wait a minute first rovers are a far bigger club than Sheffield utd second rovers are a top 10 club

Who said anything about size? I bet their budget is higher.

We are not a top 10 club in this league in terms of our likely performance. If you're going off this season, only I think our second top 10 finish since we came down here, then Sheffield United are a top 5 club.

We are a bigger club overall than them, history etc, but players want money above all else. And they're a side that, from a neutral's perspective, has more chance of going up this season than we do.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

Talk of exciting additions has been said multiple times since the Vs turned up. It’s always been bs.
This window all comes down to JDT. His vision and the path forward. Clearly GB will also be important. We won’t have a significant budget, no point in pretending. The owners won’t change their spots. The rest of the senior management are incompetent. 
We need to replace the spine of the team and add experience. It’s going to take a couple of windows at least. 
Potential new players have to be sold on the “project”. Hopefully we get whoever in early and sell BBD early to get a decent replacement.